Have you played Hanako's Game recently? (Poll)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Have you played Hanako's colored-tile game, or some similar variant, within the last two years?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 472

hasteroth

Re: Have you played Hanako's Game recently? (Poll)

Post by hasteroth »

I used to imagine a little man grinding along everything after I played Tony hawk Pro Skater when I was 10
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

Rednal wrote:Something like... figure out what really bothers each girl about their disability and help them overcome it. Then the Happy End.
Yep, thats the holy grail right there, my friend!
"...!"
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

I used to do hanako's game, but i got a different one nowdays. Pretty much where i live the sidewalks are made so i you time everything right you should only need two foot steps per slab, so i go around trying my best to only put two steps onto each slab, hoping and jumping when needed. God i got no life.
Attachments
sidewalk.JPG
sidewalk.JPG (12.08 KiB) Viewed 4567 times
"t-thank you for H-Hanging out with me"
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

helmet boy wrote:I used to do hanako's game, but i got a different one nowdays. Pretty much where i live the sidewalks are made so i you time everything right you should only need two foot steps per slab, so i go around trying my best to only put two steps onto each slab, hoping and jumping when needed. God i got no life.
What if there's a crack in the sidewalk?
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

helmet boy wrote:I used to do hanako's game, but i got a different one nowdays. Pretty much where i live the sidewalks are made so i you time everything right you should only need two foot steps per slab, so i go around trying my best to only put two steps onto each slab, hoping and jumping when needed. God i got no life.
I do this more than the Hanako Game lol
"...!"

Post by Guest »

Colored-tile game
I haven't gone through Hanako's path yet, so I'm not sure what everyone else is referring to, but I'm fairly sure I'm not thinking of the right thing.
kslover

Post by kslover »

i still do its so much fun and an easy form of amusement but at times it can be embarrassing
all of which makes me anxious, at times unbearably so
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
if you're losing your soul and know it then you still have a soul to lose.
its better to light a candle than complain about the dark.
Jaen-ni-rin

Post by Jaen-ni-rin »

I too do it sometimes - evne nowadays - unless I actually need to hurry.
Also interesting variant I do is when the tiles are laid a bit irregulary and their edges don't meet exactly in the half of the previous tile. Then I either choose to step on the one that has a longer common edge or - if it's hard to judge - the one on the side I stepped in from.
Or when the titles are laid in rows, but for example there are two tiles shorter and one longer, then I ether step only on short or jump a bit from longer to longer. Or try to manoeuvre so that I won't step on the longer one (since most of time they aren't laid too regulary and you can dodge the longer ones changing the row you're walking).

On the other hands my friends say this is retarded, but - honestly - who cares.
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

Layzuhl wrote:
Cracks dont count.
"t-thank you for H-Hanging out with me"
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

helmet boy wrote:
Layzuhl wrote:
Cracks dont count.
Wha? I counted them.
WASSHOI

Post by WASSHOI »

I've played this game since I was a little kid. It's like a brother to that "floor is lava" game. Only instead it's "The lighter tiles are lava" or something to that effect. It's something I used to always play as a kid, and when I'm walking at home I sometimes find myself doing it. Like when I go to the bathroom or something, on the way there I'll be stepping on the darker tiles. Also, I may do it in the street, but in a less obvious way. You know the crosswalks, how they have that white striped paint on the floor? I sometimes walk on only those when crossing the street.

Jaen-ni-rin

Post by Jaen-ni-rin »

WASSHOI wrote:You know the crosswalks, how they have that white striped paint on the floor? I sometimes walk on only those when crossing the street.
Ah yes, that too. Though the white stripes are often so far apart that the long strides become abovious. That said - I don't care.

Post by Guest »

I would probably play Hanako's game if I had anywhere to play it at, all the places I go are solid colored floors. Dammit, now I'm going to be watching my feet when I'm walking now.

As for the whole "guy running along side the car thing" I always use to imagine it was Mario.
kobe

Post by kobe »

Guest wrote: As for the whole "guy running along side the car thing" I always use to imagine it was Mario.
damn...you guys reminded me of this stuff...
I used to imagine it was sonic, just because he's so damn fast.
Ryuga

Post by Ryuga »

I do it all the time and shall do it all the time! I dont know why really, its kinda subconscious you know?