Have you played Hanako's Game recently? (Poll)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Have you played Hanako's colored-tile game, or some similar variant, within the last two years?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 472

OtakuMegane

Re: Have you played Hanako's Game? (Poll)

Post by OtakuMegane »

Well, the question is more if you've done it in the last two years lol. I think virtually everyone did in some form when they were younger but usually people stop as they get older. Though from the looks of this thread that may not be so true after all.
Lilly > Hanako > Misha > Yuuko > Emi > Rin > Shizune

<OtakuMegane> sdfgegervdrtt456rth?
<A22> who are you
<A22> yeah fuck it you have otaku in your name
<A22> the dislike just comes naturally
<OtakuMegane> :D
<A22> shu tup
flurk

Re: Have you played Hanako's Game recently? (Poll)

Post by flurk »

am i weird for checking this thread every now and then just to see if i'm still the only one who voted no? ""OTL
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

You could probably change your vote... I think...
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

Judging by the way the poll's going, seems like there's really nothing odd about Hanako's walking game after all. Someone should tell her she doesn't need to feel embarrassed about it after all. On the other hand though, this is Hanako we're talking about, so getting embarrassed over normal stuff might not be unusual for her.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
Spoon

Post by Spoon »

so ronery.
"Sometimes I sit for hours weighing the fine distinctions between spunk, pluck, balls, nerve, chutzpah, gall, and moxie."
tyren

Post by tyren »

PCJedi wrote:Judging by the way the poll's going, seems like there's really nothing odd about Hanako's walking game after all. Someone should tell her she doesn't need to feel embarrassed about it after all. On the other hand though, this is Hanako we're talking about, so getting embarrassed over normal stuff might not be unusual for her.
I'm more confused as to why Hisao thinks it's sad or a sign of how lonely she is that she plays that kind of game. I mean, who HASN'T done it at some point in their life? :P
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

Probably because it's something that, theoretically, you only do as a child. The results could just mean that everyone here is really lonely... or it could be that most people just THINK few people do things like skip tiles, and Hisao's like that. Either way, it's kind of interesting.
flurk

Post by flurk »

i never thought many other people do that, since none of my friends/cousins do that. if i see a grown person do that, i'd think of them as really really bored and probably has no life, instead of lonely.

also, it seems like there ARE people like me! suddenly i don't feel so lonely anymore
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

I really like how this game takes people into some deep (maybe?) psychology. :)
"...!"
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

@Flurk: The question is how (or if) to input it into the game. To help Burn-tan.

@Synoptic: It does. Not in the creepy way of some other games (Bible Black comes to mind; I felt dirty after playing that one, something that hasn't happened before or since...), but more of a "hey, that's different" way that encourages you to learn about it. I actually did a speech on KS, trying to persuade people to play it, and about half of the audience said even before my speech that they'd date people with the various disabilities. I'm really hoping we go fairly deep into the psychological aspects in the main game. Something like... figure out what really bothers each girl about their disability and help them overcome it. Then the Happy End.
lurk moar

Post by lurk moar »

Yes, and during car rides I imagined there was a little guy running alongside the car, jumping on the other cars, orange barrels, and the like. (He was a pretty cool guy.)
Blue Canary

Post by Blue Canary »

lurk moar wrote:Yes, and during car rides I imagined there was a little guy running alongside the car, jumping on the other cars, orange barrels, and the like. (He was a pretty cool guy.)
I did this too.

I also do the tile stepping game, but only on floors with interesting patterns.
flurk

Post by flurk »

lurk moar wrote:Yes, and during car rides I imagined there was a little guy running alongside the car, jumping on the other cars, orange barrels, and the like. (He was a pretty cool guy.)
holy shit that's a really cool guy! what's his name?
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

I haven't in the last two years, and I've never done Hanako's particular variant, but I used to. My walking games were usually of the 'don't step on cracks' or 'only step at a given angle' variety. I also used to step only once on each concrete block when following sidewalks.

Nowadays I take an hour walk every night, but I'm always admiring the scenery or thinking about something else while I do so. Otherwise I always have a book or a Rubik's Cube on hand to deal with such boredom. Same purpose, different method.
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

While we're on the subject.
Mine was a doggy.
Mine was a doggy.
Driving.jpg (85.57 KiB) Viewed 5195 times