Have you played Hanako's Game recently? (Poll)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Have you played Hanako's colored-tile game, or some similar variant, within the last two years?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 472

Miroku

Re: Have you played Hanako's Game recently? (Poll)

Post by Miroku »

I haven't played Hanako's game with the tiles since I was in early elementary school... and that was over 25 years ago. :|
Gontolmon

Post by Gontolmon »

I have been doing stuff like this since I was in elementary. Mostly it is done with stairs, but I avoid cracks like the plague
archon536

Post by archon536 »

Oh, I had an even crazier game when I was younger. Left foot is "yellow" and right foot is "blue." If one foot touches a tile or other part of the ground, that tile or such would also be "yellow" or "blue." Nothing that was already one color could be next to something else of the same color. Go with it.

Of course, sometimes three things would come together and I'd get stuck, so I invented "green" by using both feet at the same time. Needless to say, I usually got some funny looks.... lol.
Lilly > Hanako = Rin > Emi > Shizune
Seroanth

Post by Seroanth »

Gontolmon wrote:I have been doing stuff like this since I was in elementary. Mostly it is done with stairs, but I avoid cracks like the plague
Don' step on a 'rack, or you'll break yo' momma's back.
chocolatebear

Post by chocolatebear »

Yep, used to play this all the time when I was in elementary, still play it now in high school, but only when the halls are clear, trying to play this kind of game with a busy hallway is just asking for someone to step on your feet. :lol:
A Simple Fox wrote:Lastly don't count the tiles on the ceiling if you are bored, you'll count them all one day and have nothing life to do. It does creep people out if you know though.
Taken from a real conversation:
"God it's so boring in here... What are you doing?"
"437. 501 if you count the tiles that are cracked in half."
"Ok..."
This reminds me of when my friends and I would tried to count the holes in the ceiling tiles, thousands upon thousands... it was just playing the game... could never win.
carbonartistmonked

Post by carbonartistmonked »

my school had no tiles though
i played them at malls :shock:
but since i already looked weird
no one really cared 8)

i once counted stars when i was a kid
i was on a highland resort
i calculated several hundreds
before the sun came up
sigh... :|
a member of carbon artist associates and P.R.O.J.E.C.T.

Pure.Rubbish.Old.Junk.Enters.Comic.Theories

fkas

Post by fkas »

Gotta admit, I do it whenever it's possible. I also go out of my way to not step on cracks in the sidewalk. :D
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

I think about this variant when I need to use a public bathroom. I guess I have shy kidney syndrome unless it's definitely time. It's really jarring when the walls and floor have more than a two-color scheme.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
Partick_fissal

Post by Partick_fissal »

...not *quite* with the tile game, no.

But up untill I was about 14/15 or so, I'd play some sort of game involving avoiding all the cracks in the pavement, or stepping on the edges of tiles or whatever when I was somewhere which had them.

No idea why it stopped, or indeed why it started, in all honesty. I'm 20 now, so maybe its just something you stop doing as you get older? Hard to explain.
If any of you understand what the hell my name is about/referring to, I will love you forever.