Rin "Cant" Do stuff...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Potash85

Rin "Cant" Do stuff...

Post by Potash85 »

Right... well watch this video. It's quite impressive.

http://wimp.com/disabledwoman
Layzuhl

Re: Rin "Cant" Do stuff...

Post by Layzuhl »

Who said she can't do stuff? She clearly can.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Wow! That lady was amazing! I was really surprised when it got to stuff like chopsticks, matches, sewing machines, and even embroidery! Very cool, she moved her lags and feet with the same control and dexterity you'd imagine for hands, with only the limitations of how toes are built. My feet are so inflexible, they'd get cramps even attempting most of that XD

It really helps you imagine how Rin goes about every day.
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

That lady wins at life!
"...!"
WASSHOI

Post by WASSHOI »

Well, that was an interesting video. It's pretty much how I imagine Rin would do everyday tasks. She's pretty well off on her own, there are only certain things that her legs are physically incapable of doing that she needs.
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

Very impressive indeed. The obviously propaganda nature of it sadly detracts from her own skill, a little.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
Envy

Post by Envy »

A couple of times I could have sworn her foot was a hand in a few shots before it zooms out and you see it is, in fact, her foot.

Fascinting shit.
A Simple Fox

Post by A Simple Fox »

:shock:

She cooks better with her feet then I do with my hands... Hmm... Maybe I should try cooking like that? :P

Kidding aside, it just goes to prove you can do anything if you have enough time to practice. :)
"A person who knows but a little will put on an air of knowledge. This is a matter of inexperience. When someone knows something well, it will not be seen in his manner. This person is genteel." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

And here comes Rin's quote:
"Do something you can't just because you can." (may be wrong spelled?)

If Rin would saw the video, she would say "She just has a lot more "blind boy" inside her than others. >.>"
"...!"
Waterfig

Post by Waterfig »

Synoptic wrote:And here comes Rin's quote:
"She just has a lot more "blind boy" inside her than others.
I know what you mean.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Passed around on IRC a while ago. Interesting when you listen in to what they say. At least they people speak mandarin. The narrator gets on my nerves.
静音是买外夫
flurk

Post by flurk »

i won't translate the narration because he's so freaking annoying. but he did tell us that her name is Yum Kat Mei.

interviewer: "I've heard long ago that there lives an armless woman in Haiyang Coast.
Can you please share your life's story (and experience) with us?

YKM: "I was born without both arms. My mum first thought of dumping me into the sea, but my dad said 'No, let's keep her. Think of it as raising a puppy.' That's why I'm still here today."

interviewer: "How do you live and work without your arms?"

YKM: "Well, I still have both legs! I've learned to do things with my feet since I was little."

interviewer: "What do you do for a living with your feet?"

YKM: "Wrap dumplings, make noodles, steam buns.. anything. Sewing, farming, yeah I can do them all.

interviewer: "Was your marriage arranged by your parents? Or did you freely fall in love (not an arranged marriage)?

YKM: "ask Lee. (her husband)"

interviewer: "Well, Lee, why don't you say something?"

Lee: "I had many siblings (probably all men because all he said 'brothers' instead of 'brothers and sisters'), my family was very poor. I didn't 'have what it takes to find myself a wife (he probably meant that he couldn't afford a wife). One day an aunt suggested that I marry 'the armless woman' (his phrase was 'the armless woman of the coast', a nickname like 'Knight of the Round Table') So I asked my aunt to help arrange a proposal with her family"

YKM: "When his aunt came to our house, the first thing she said was that they come from a very poor family. My dad said 'wealth doesn't matter, as long as he has a good temper,and won't bully (abuse?) my daughter, then I'm fine!' and so that's how I came to marry Lee."

interviewer: "Lee, so she was married into your family. Did her disability bring your family many inconveniences?"

Lee: "She never gave us any trouble at all. All three of our children were brought up by her. She handles housework very well, no matter how big the task."

EDIT: judging from the slang and tone of the Cantonese narrator, i'd guess that this vid is from Hong Kong, therefore it shouldn't really have a 'propaganda nature'. besides, 90% of the narration consist of his own annoying/naggy comments on what is being shown.
Last edited by flurk on Sun May 31, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

@ flurk

Thanks dude, really!

Helped a bit. :D
"...!"
Envy

Post by Envy »

flurk wrote:"[...] My mum first thought of dumping me into the sea, but my dad said 'No, let's keep her. Think of it as raising a puppy.' That's why I'm still here today."
lol China.
Lon

Post by Lon »

I winced a little when I watched the first part where she's cooking. I have had some heinious burns on my hands but if you got the same ones on your feet it would be ten times worse. She'd have to walk on them. *shiver*