what would happen if KS was animated

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

hasteroth

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by hasteroth »

Me and my friends would gather in my basement, pop the legal purchased DVD into the DVD player, and watch, over and over again until it's burned until our minds.
Zz

Post by Zz »

If the japs make a series off it I would certainly be amazed, not sure If I would watch it though since I could just play KS instead. It would have to be something special that really adds to the series, like it it was 24 episodes of Lilly. I would buy the special edition box set for that.
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

hasteroth wrote:Me and my friends would gather in my basement, pop the legal purchased DVD into the DVD player, and watch, over and over again until it's burned until our minds.
Is there any other way to do it.
"t-thank you for H-Hanging out with me"
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
OtakuMegane

Post by OtakuMegane »

Falkentyne wrote:I think the most successful way to do a KS anime would be to take a page from the endings of the "Clue" and "Wolverine" movies - have a starter mini-arc that introduces all the characters (maybe covering up to "Lunch Evolution Theory" in Act 1, which is the big splitting point of the girl's arcs at this point) and then give each girl an arc, each time ending on a "But that's not what really happened... or was it?" kinda bit that keeps the "true" path up in the air.
This is probably the way it would have to happen to come out well.

I'm thinking it might work best to do it as OVA rather than TV so you don't have to be linear on the endings like the video release of "Clue". You have the starter arc to get familiar then you have the 5 additional arcs (each on its own DVD) that can be watched entirely independent. Hell, you could even have the Kenji end as omake lol. You'd also avoid issues with broadcast limitations or episode requirements.
helmet boy wrote:And im sure there would be more than one CCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLING IN MY SKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNN vidya with Hanako
I hate Linkin Park. And it was the Linkinball Z videos that done it. D:
Lilly > Hanako > Misha > Yuuko > Emi > Rin > Shizune

<OtakuMegane> sdfgegervdrtt456rth?
<A22> who are you
<A22> yeah fuck it you have otaku in your name
<A22> the dislike just comes naturally
<OtakuMegane> :D
<A22> shu tup
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

tip: type in your favorite movie/videogame/anime/whatever with 'linkin park' behind it. watch first result.
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
Painiac

Post by Painiac »

Actually, it was grotesque and funny :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zasO1y4iCpU
No time for love, Falcon Punch!
Polish translation:
Wednesday - 50%
hasteroth

Post by hasteroth »

helmet boy wrote:
hasteroth wrote:Me and my friends would gather in my basement, pop the legal purchased DVD into the DVD player, and watch, over and over again until it's burned until our minds.
All that's missing is a bag of pretzels and a bottle of whiskey.
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

"...!"
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

hasteroth wrote:
helmet boy wrote:
All that's missing is a bag of pretzels and a bottle of whiskey.
You could replace Whiskey with pot and get the relatively same effect, if not better.
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
WASSHOI

Post by WASSHOI »

Painiac wrote:
WASSHOI wrote:usually in VNs the animators seem to find the first girl you meet to be the "true" ending to stick with. Then they incorporate other paths into the anime as well, but at the same time the main character sticks with the "true" ending girl.
Accidentally, it wouldn't be Misha which was first met :lol:? Misha - "true ending" girl :lol:

||
||
\/
Ey, Iwanako do not count.
Falkentyne wrote:
WASSHOI wrote: usually in VNs the animators seem to find the first girl you meet to be the "true" ending to stick with.
Iwanako ending CONFIRMED! :roll:
Guess I worded it too literal. What I mean is, the first girl you meet who actually has a route in the game, but I'm sure you realized what I was getting at with it.
Painiac wrote:Actually, it was grotesque and funny :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zasO1y4iCpU
I lol'd a lot harder than I should have.
Black Saloon

Post by Black Saloon »

I feel sullied...
To think bad thoughts is really the easiest thing in the world. If you leave your mind to itself it will spiral down into ever-increasing unhappiness. To think good thoughts, however, requires effort. This is one of the things that training is about.
Ambi07

Post by Ambi07 »

Guest wrote:As said previously, if the elevens make an anime based on a game that was created by gaijins, the world will implode.
Well there are quite a few anime based on western literature, but KS turning into an anime would still be world implosion worthy.

Also I'd laugh if it was turned into a guro H OVA.
Akira

Post by Akira »

Now I got this idea in my head of something resembling "Love Hina", but at a school instead of an inn... :shock:

*wanders off to look for an animator...*
Envy

Post by Envy »

Why would you want KS to have an anime? Shows based on VNs are more often than not total shit.
Ambi07 wrote:Also I'd laugh if it was turned into a guro H OVA.
That would be delicious. I'm counting on you, Japan.
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

Pimmy wrote:Though if you ask me, I think Shizune or Hanako would end up being the the top choices for "main". Shizune because you meet her and Misha first, and it's usually the rougher type of girl that wins out in the harem anime. Hanako because she's the most popular.
You brought up a good point here. Unlike most other VN stories out there, which girl exactly is the canon girl? I was honestly surprised that no one has made a thread about this yet.

If I were to just go by my gut I would say Shizune feels like the most canon of all of them due mostly in part to how her role in shaping Hisao's world develops just in the first act. With all other girls, Hisao is the one taking the initiave, but Shizune is different. She's the one who giving Hisao courage after he suffers his arrhythmia during the festival.

That's the clearest distinction I can draw to seperate her from the rest, even though I'd want to see the Hanako and Rin routes the most. Then again, the Higurashi parallel that was drawn... very good idea.

I hope more people give their input on this.
Imagine me and you...