what would happen if KS was animated

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ubergeneral

what would happen if KS was animated

Post by ubergeneral »

It's happened before. A successful VN has been made into an anime. There are a few good examples like F/N, Clannad, Kannon and School Days.

With that said depending on how successful the final product is I would wonder what KS would look like if it was animated.

First off if it was made into an anime which girl should win? Or should there not be a winner and we get another "Nice Boat" instead.

Here's an interesting idea. What if there were mutiple endings. Like say the first 10 episode lead to some cross roads and then the next 15 episodes would have 5 different endings with each girl getting 3 episodes for each ending. Could this work?

How long would it be? 12 ep or 25? What is your feeling about this?

I wouldn't say this is impossible but first we should focus on finishing the visual noval. It was just an idea I had.

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by Guest »

As said previously, if the elevens make an anime based on a game that was created by gaijins, the world will implode.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Higurashi and such seemed to pull off the "alternate end" thing pretty well, so its' possible! Or perhaps "arcs" that concentrate on one or two girls at a time, and even if only one "wins", the rest will have gotten a lot of screen time too. Clannad and all that After Story stuff is another possible model!

Though if you ask me, I think Shizune or Hanako would end up being the the top choices for "main". Shizune because you meet her and Misha first, and it's usually the rougher type of girl that wins out in the harem anime. Hanako because she's the most popular. Hisao has enough character not to be a really boring male lead.

I've been trying to look up how to make convincing fake screenshots (no luck so far, theyre all sort of "off" looking in a way.) But I'd love to try to make one for fun..
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

Id watch it, id even BUY it instead of lol torrent.
"t-thank you for H-Hanging out with me"
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
Black Saloon

Post by Black Saloon »

Here's a question:

If it was a 25 ep series, how much would you be willing to pay for the complete boxed set?

I'd probably do $100AU, so long as it was able to capture the feel of KS and didn't end up as a rush-job money grab.
To think bad thoughts is really the easiest thing in the world. If you leave your mind to itself it will spiral down into ever-increasing unhappiness. To think good thoughts, however, requires effort. This is one of the things that training is about.
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

Too early for conjecture. :|

It's not even finished yet.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

As someone who actually knows the stories from the full game, I think it would be hard to fit them into a linear anime. Then again, it obviously is possible with some creative scriptwriting, as proven by Kanon and Clannad. I have watched only Kanon, and was immensely annoyed at the girls waltzing in and out of spotlight in a neat sequence, becoming forgotten for some time and then popping up again. If it wasn't Kanon the Anime, the obvious faults with this kind of narrative would've been much more visible.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Yeah, I don't know the full stories, but perhaps with some creativity Hisao could give the girls a lot of equal attention throughout.. but it'd probably be tricky. Otherwise the "easy" way out of different paths I could imagine. At least it's not something completely impossible like Ever17.

It'd be really kinda fun just HAVING Shizune, I think. The way she has to communicate is unique to anime (and hard on animators) so that could be a lot of fun. I think all of the scenes where her and Misha are on Hisao's tail about the student council would turn out twice as charming in anime form, since those scenes seem written JUST for a romantic-comedy-sliceoflife anime setting! I can imagine scenes like Risk being high energy like during the "happy" parts of Higurashi.
Free the Bee

Post by Free the Bee »

Pimmy wrote:It'd be really kinda fun just HAVING Shizune, I think. The way she has to communicate is unique to anime (and hard on animators) so that could be a lot of fun.
This got me thinking... because I was sure I remembered an anime involving a deaf character from about five years ago. After some digging, here it is: Grrl Power, or Makasete Iruka. I only saw it once, years ago, but I remember it being cute as hell. It's a one-episode OVA about three girls who run a problem-solving business, and one of them is deaf. There was some talk at the time about it being the first anime to incorporate sign language... all the more admirable a feat when you consider the characters don't have any fingers.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Further to what Aura has said, I think that it would be possible to make a singular storyline, but I'm not sure how good it would be.

I know that, chronologically, there is a certain order to the storylines, and that if we put our minds to it we could probably make a script that would make sense.

Obviosuly though, I'm not going to be explaining that here until after the release of the full game, but I have given it thought in those moments when all other thoughts leave my head.

Also LOL sif the Japs are going to make this into an anime, ever.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

Make a jap translation and you might have a smidget of a chance. Although first you actually need somebody who can do that.
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

Considering that Japan seems to have the highest viewer-count by percentage and numbers, and a lot of people who can read and write English pretty well, I don't think the translation will be enough of an issue. And honestly, I would laugh so hard if they made an anime of this series. If it's successful enough, it's not totally impossible... although there is the money factor... o.O Or maybe they'd just make a similar series about dating cripple girls, which is slightly more possible. ESPECIALLY if Katawa Shoujo is a major hit in Japan. If the idea looks like it'll make money, somebody will probably try it.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Well, they'd have to rename it. I hear that the name is not broadcast-legal in Japan.
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

yeah, doesn't it mean cripple girls?
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

helmet boy wrote:yeah, doesn't it mean cripple girls?
Disability Girls or Cripple Girls, one of those if I remember. I don't think a name like that is really appropriate anywhere for a show...