what would happen if KS was animated

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Deimos
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: A Throne In Hell

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by Deimos » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:35 pm

Bara wrote: (Isn't the Christmas OVA the one where Kenji gets Santa drunk and he flies his sleigh into a mountainside?) :wink:
I thought it was the traditional "Christmas Carol" by Dickens. Kenji as Scrooge, Hisao as Bob Cratchit, Lilly as Mrs. Cratchit and Hanako as Tiny Tim and with Emi as The Ghost of Christmas past, Misha as The Ghost of Christmas present and Shizune as the Ghost of Christmas yet to come.

And Rin is the narrator who leafs through the pages with her feet. :)
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.

User avatar
SirMax
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:42 pm
Location: MANLY LAND, HOME OF WHISKEY

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by SirMax » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:57 pm

Deimos wrote:
Bara wrote: (Isn't the Christmas OVA the one where Kenji gets Santa drunk and he flies his sleigh into a mountainside?) :wink:
I thought it was the traditional "Christmas Carol" by Dickens. Kenji as Scrooge, Hisao as Bob Cratchit, Lilly as Mrs. Cratchit and Hanako as Tiny Tim and with Emi as The Ghost of Christmas past, Misha as The Ghost of Christmas present and Shizune as the Ghost of Christmas yet to come.

And Rin is the narrator who leafs through the pages with her feet. :)
haha that's amazing.
Image

AutisticPsycho
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:10 am

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by AutisticPsycho » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:33 pm

Yui Horie needs to voice Misha. Minori from Toradora is pretty much how I'd think Misha would sound.
Me: Hey guys! Hey guys!
Devs: What?
Me: Ampu-tan and Erika cameo!
Devs: No. We have had a lot of threads like this, and we don't need more. *LOCK'D*
Me: Nyoro~n

Aya Reiko
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:11 am

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by Aya Reiko » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:12 am

Run length: 24-26 episodes
Studio: Shaft (We know 4LS is going to put in a few more shout outs and cameos in addition to Lelouch and Haruhi-kun. Shaft, of Pani Poni Dash, Negima?!, and Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei fame seems like a good match to follow suit.)

Story structure would follow something similar to either Shuffle! or Kanon, devoting a bit to each girl. Of course, we'd have first girls wins... but who is the first girl? The first girl Hisao "talks" to is Shizune. However, the first girl he sees is Hanako.

Main Cast-
Emi - Rie Kugimiya
Rin - Minori Chihara
Misha - Yukari Tamura
Lily - Yuko Goto
Hanako - Mamiko Noto
Hisao - No clue. The only male VA I can recall at the top of my head is Tomokazu Sugita.

User avatar
Vertical
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 9:04 am
Location: Vwee

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by Vertical » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:14 am

Sugita's voice is too deep for Hisao. He would need a lighter voice.
Image
Imagine me and you...

Aya Reiko
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:11 am

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by Aya Reiko » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:06 am

Vertical wrote:Sugita's voice is too deep for Hisao. He would need a lighter voice.
What about Souichirou Hoshi?

User avatar
K_Amelia
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:24 am

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by K_Amelia » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:50 am

Aya Reiko wrote:Run length: 24-26 episodes
Studio: Shaft (We know 4LS is going to put in a few more shout outs and cameos in addition to Lelouch and Haruhi-kun. Shaft, of Pani Poni Dash, Negima?!, and Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei fame seems like a good match to follow suit.)

Story structure would follow something similar to either Shuffle! or Kanon, devoting a bit to each girl. Of course, we'd have first girls wins... but who is the first girl? The first girl Hisao "talks" to is Shizune. However, the first girl he sees is Hanako.

Main Cast-
Emi - Rie Kugimiya
Rin - Minori Chihara
Misha - Yukari Tamura
Lily - Yuko Goto
Hanako - Mamiko Noto
Hisao - No clue. The only male VA I can recall at the top of my head is Tomokazu Sugita.
Personally, I think story structure should allow all the girls to win, which would put us more in the 48-56 episode range. The first "season" would be like act 1, and comprise 22-24 episodes, with season 2 continuing each girl's arcs. The remainder would be the usual (one-offs, what-ifs, and specials).

tha would cost a lot more, though.
(")(^.^)(")Katie

User avatar
Deimos
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: A Throne In Hell

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by Deimos » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:19 am

K_Amelia wrote: Personally, I think story structure should allow all the girls to win, which would put us more in the 48-56 episode range. The first "season" would be like act 1, and comprise 22-24 episodes, with season 2 continuing each girl's arcs. The remainder would be the usual (one-offs, what-ifs, and specials).

tha would cost a lot more, though.

Producing an arc for each girl means changing some parts of the fanbase after every girl's story.For example: Shizune fans may be angered by her portrayal in the story arcs for Hanako or Lilly.

And just or the record:
Aura wrote:There is no "true girl" or the canon story. All of the stories are equally true.
So I think an animation would be really hard to do the only thing I could think of that would be realistic would be an OVA that depicts Hisao's first three days in Yamaku and showing how he meets the girls individually and the last day would be ambigously left open so the viewers could decide for themselves which girl he is going to pursue.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You
Posts: 2533
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Imola, Italy

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by Silentcook » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:20 am

Aya Reiko wrote:Studio: Shaft (We know 4LS is going to put in a few more shout outs and cameos in addition to Lelouch and Haruhi-kun. Shaft, of Pani Poni Dash, Negima?!, and Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei fame seems like a good match to follow suit.)
Actually, SHAFT got mentioned as a source of excessive namedropping, and not a few devs, myself included, are not very happy with the way the classroom CG turned out, insofar as we're talking about cameos.

Personally, IF I HEAR ABOUT THAT FUCKING LELOUCH ONE MORE TIME. :evil:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Image

pimmy is a guest

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by pimmy is a guest » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:13 pm

Silentcook wrote:
Aya Reiko wrote:Studio: Shaft (We know 4LS is going to put in a few more shout outs and cameos in addition to Lelouch and Haruhi-kun. Shaft, of Pani Poni Dash, Negima?!, and Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei fame seems like a good match to follow suit.)
Actually, SHAFT got mentioned as a source of excessive namedropping, and not a few devs, myself included, are not very happy with the way the classroom CG turned out, insofar as we're talking about cameos.

Personally, IF I HEAR ABOUT THAT FUCKING LELOUCH ONE MORE TIME. :evil:
Sounds like some devs are just spoilsports who hate fun XP
Though I gotta say as much as I laughed a lot upon seeing Lelouch, he coulda been less obvious.

Meanwhile, I'm still a fan of the "creatively write it so all girls get screentime option" since resetting time for every arc I think only works in.. less "grounded in reality" settings, like Higurashi that had strong fantasy elements.

User avatar
Aura
>has heterochromia
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:21 am

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by Aura » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:56 pm

pimmy is a guest wrote:Sounds like some devs are just spoilsports who hate fun XP
Pretty much, yes.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents

User avatar
ubergeneral
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 1:41 am

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by ubergeneral » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:59 pm

I thought about this and I think that none of the girls should get hisao and instead they all help him get itawanko. They could all still have an arc but he never starts a relationship with any of them. It will probolly he the best way since as it was said there is no canon girl

User avatar
Deimos
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: A Throne In Hell

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by Deimos » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:25 pm

ubergeneral wrote:I thought about this and I think that none of the girls should get hisao and instead they all help him get itawanko. They could all still have an arc but he never starts a relationship with any of them. It will probolly he the best way since as it was said there is no canon girl
Sorry to say this but that is a bad idea.

She is the girl who is responsible for his "condition" (or the revelation of his condition - whatever you prefer) and she left him after 6 weeks in hospital to his own devices.
Going after her would not only reveal Hisao to be someone who is weak-willed and unable to let the past go but it also it destroys one of the main themes of this game.
That is disablities - not only overcoming them but accepting them and not only within other people but within you as well. Your idea portrays a disabled Hisao that cannot let his normal and healthy past go and tries to live in this past through dating Ms. Itawanko.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.

User avatar
SirMax
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:42 pm
Location: MANLY LAND, HOME OF WHISKEY

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by SirMax » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:32 pm

Deimos wrote:
ubergeneral wrote:I thought about this and I think that none of the girls should get hisao and instead they all help him get itawanko. They could all still have an arc but he never starts a relationship with any of them. It will probolly he the best way since as it was said there is no canon girl
Sorry to say this but that is a bad idea.

She is the girl who is responsible for his "condition" (or the revelation of his condition - whatever you prefer) and she left him after 6 weeks in hospital to his own devices.
Going after her would not only reveal Hisao to be someone who is weak-willed and unable to let the past go but it also it destroys one of the main themes of this game.
That is disablities - not only overcoming them but accepting them and not only within other people but within you as well. Your idea portrays a disabled Hisao that cannot let his normal and healthy past go and tries to live in this past through dating Ms. Itawanko.
Just replace "Itawanko" with "Misha". Problem solved :mrgreen:
Image

User avatar
Deimos
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: A Throne In Hell

Re: what would happen if KS was animated

Post by Deimos » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:46 pm

SirMax wrote:
ubergeneral wrote:I thought about this and I think that none of the girls should get hisao and instead they all help him get itawanko. They could all still have an arc but he never starts a relationship with any of them. It will probolly he the best way since as it was said there is no canon girl
Just replace "Itawanko" with "Misha". Problem solved :mrgreen:

Why not turn it around 180 degrees and make canon male couple?
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.

Post Reply