hanakos scars [spoiler ahead]

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

russianspy1234

hanakos scars [spoiler ahead]

Post by russianspy1234 »

While its definitely possible that her reaction and attitude are based on her scars, being in an environment where a good portion of people are a stranger sight should help that somewhat. It is likely that there is more to the story, and her being responsible for the fire that scarred her and killed her father would fit with her being afraid to get close to people.
helmet boy

Re: hanakos scars [spoiler ahead]

Post by helmet boy »

that rumor has been thrown around alot, wouldn't dismiss it though. Seems more likely to be more traumatizing than just getting burnt in a fire and both your parents dying, if it was you whos tarted it.
"t-thank you for H-Hanging out with me"
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
Bara

Post by Bara »

helmet boy wrote:that rumor has been thrown around alot, wouldn't dismiss it though. Seems more likely to be more traumatizing than just getting burnt in a fire and both your parents dying, if it was you whos tarted it.
Just her father died in the fire, if I remember correctly.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Jo-ou

Post by Jo-ou »

Bara wrote:
helmet boy wrote:that rumor has been thrown around alot, wouldn't dismiss it though. Seems more likely to be more traumatizing than just getting burnt in a fire and both your parents dying, if it was you whos tarted it.
Maybe her mother died in childbirth.

Now THAT would be pretty awesome. I mean... uh... awesome character building. Shit.
stranger

Post by stranger »

Could have sworn it said Hanako's mother died when she was very young somewhere... I have big doubts that any of the characters are murderers. None of them really have that kind of personality, especially Hanako, who'd be far more disturbed than she is if she was sitting on something like that. She'd go yandere on Shizune in a second.
remember to take your meds, kids
JamiroquaiAlien

Post by JamiroquaiAlien »

Jo-ou wrote:
Bara wrote:

Now THAT would be pretty awesome. I mean... uh... awesome character building. Shit.
Now that's a mischoice of words I would not want to be responsible for.
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

Hanako's mother died from injuries related to the fire around 3 months after it.
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
russianspy1234

Post by russianspy1234 »

i didnt mean shes a murderer, i meant she did it on accident.
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

Im sure people get what you meant, after all a murderer wouldn't be so reclusive.
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO

Post by Guest »

Jo-ou wrote:
Bara wrote:

Oscar Wilde wrote: “To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.”
stranger

Post by stranger »

Murder, manslaughter, either way I think she would be less stable than she is if she had that on her conscience. The way she acts seems more like she's just been mistreated due to her appearance, not that she has a guilty conscience.
remember to take your meds, kids
Free the Bee

Post by Free the Bee »

Agreed. In addition, the revelation that Hanako was responsible for the fire, even accidentally, would seem very contrived. What would it achieve, story-wise? We don't need additional reasons to justify her fragile state of mind: Losing a parent and severe disfigurement are surely enough trauma for anyone, right?
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

Free the Bee wrote:What would it achieve, story-wise? We don't need additional reasons to justify her fragile state of mind
Maybe there's more to it than meets the eye.
What if there's a piece of information in the full release that totally turns the tables around? :roll:
"...!"