A question about the backgrounds

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Anonymous25

A question about the backgrounds

Post by Anonymous25 »

Where did you get the base image for your backgrounds for the KS game? The way you incorporated photos into the game looks really lovely and I am curious what source you got the base images from, and how it works as far as copyright goes.

I apologise if this has been asked before, it is just a lovely way to approach the backgrounds and I am interested how you came to this idea/where you got the material for it.
Layzuhl

Re: A question about the backgrounds

Post by Layzuhl »

It wasn't feasible to draw all the backgrounds. People provided real photos, then they were photoshopped. I like it better.

The blog says a bit more.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Developers, Yujovi especially, took the photos we used. The only exception is a handful of photos from the internet, which were all Public Domain (something we specifically require for any photos we use from outside the project).

As for how we came to the idea, it was generally a last resort. At the time we didn't have anyone to draw them, and because we'd not really paid much attention to the problem during writing, the sheer number of needed backgrounds ballooned way past what was feasible to draw. The filtering technique was developed after a few different developers tried a few different methods to see what would look best, with Moekki and Delta implementing the one we use now.
Akira

Post by Akira »

So just curious. Where's the "real" Yamaku Academy? (As in that exterior shot of the building after Hisao first walks through the gate), and is it actually a school?

Sorry if the answers to this is posted somewhere else. Haven't seen much other than this blog about it really.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

It's in Providence, Rhode Island, USA.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Which is sorta cool, since I've got a couple of friends at Brown.
静音是买外夫
xBuTcHeRx

Post by xBuTcHeRx »

The artwork is rather very unique, with effects and backgrounds, I really am impressed, and can't wait to soon play the full release.