What order did you COMPLETE the storylines?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Spoon

Re: What order did you COMPLETE the storylines?

Post by Spoon »

Lilly
Hanako
Rin
Kenji
Emi
Shizune
"Sometimes I sit for hours weighing the fine distinctions between spunk, pluck, balls, nerve, chutzpah, gall, and moxie."
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Kenji (was on Rin's route, made a wrong decision at the end and got this)
Rin
Emi
Lilly
Hanako
Shizune

I was going for Hanako the first time, but threw Lilly under the bus during Cold War so I ended up on Rin/Emi route...
Last edited by U.T. Raptor on Sat May 23, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

Emi: First time through I would just answer with what I thought I'd say if I were Hisao. The way it ended caught me by surprise and I was a little disappointed. *shrug* I'll get to see more of her when the game is done.

Kenji: Second time through I wanted to see how much of an asshole I could get Hisao to be and what that would cause. Almost got Rin that way. It felt really rewarding at the end for obvious reasons. :twisted: I like the little jab the writers put at the end of it. "...the fitting end to a really bad story." *chuckles*

Shizune: Fairly predictable path. I really liked the ending, but found her and Misha's antics along the way to be tiring. Cute certainly, but tiring.

Lilly: Equally predictable. I chose Lilly before Hanako mostly at random. Saved before I made the decision so I wouldn't have to play through again. Her kind of humor annoys me, and I find her boring otherwise. Not my cup of tea, as it were.

Hanako: I really really like that you you get to see a little of her 'real' personality come through in her ending. Makes me want to get to know her better. Very well done as a teaser before the full version comes out.

Rin: I deliberately saved her for last because I liked her the most almost immediately after her introduction. Also, I wanted to see how much of a goody-two-shoes nice guy I could make Hisao and still get Rin. I like that her path is the only one in which Hisao opens up enough to actually say anything interesting out loud. That by itself was almost as rewarding for me as how endearing her ending is. :D

Then I went a little crazy, played through the game on skip mode about 50 times documenting my choices, made tables and charts and flashcards (no puppets though), covered a wall with post-it notes to simulate a flowchart, and worked with Warwick to make a comprehensive walkthrough.
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

Emi
Rin
Hanako/Lilly
Kenji
Shizune

(Emi was my only unintentional, where I was just playing without considering the path, just actually answering. I'll continue it in the full version first.)
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

Hanako
Rin
Lilly
Manly picnic
Shizune
Emi

I dunno why people keep saying they had to do trial and error...I've always gotten the exact ending i've wanted without fail, and without constant save/loads either, I think I saved and reloaded on the Hanako route first time because I accidentally chose the wrong choice when racing emi...
or that was with Rin, I forget which.

It's not that hard to predic where you will go with what choice you make, "hmm library...HANAKO MAYBE?"
"HMMM..HELP RIN WITH ART....."
"hmmmm..shizune is competitive...ATTACK IN RISK?"

Pretty easy to predict imo.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Kenji - Played like I was Hisao and was answering what I would say. I was trying to get Shizune, but was on Rin's path before I dead ended.
So then I looked at a hint guide that told me how to act, but didn't give specific answers...
Hanako - Aimed for her, answering all meekly and stuff.
Lilly - Saved at the split with Hanako
Shizune - Was surprised how different her path was from the rest. I had 75% completion at this point, and finishing Shizune's path put me up at 96%
Emi - Nothing special here
Rin - Nothing special here either
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

Emi
Kenji
Rin
Shizune
Lilly
Hanako

Wasn't particularly trying for anybody when I got Emi. Red flag should've gone up when I got the choice of racing her though.

Shizune was my favorite route. Rin was my favorite end.
AppreciativeUser

Post by AppreciativeUser »

Hanako
Kenji
Rin
Shizune
Emi
Lilly

Lilly is only at the end because I could view her ending after finishing Hanako's route, so I just did that instead of playing through again. Little did I know I needed to play her route from the beginning to get the final CG.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Emi
manly picnic (was trying to get Hanako. FAIL.)
Hanako
Shizune
Rin
Lilly
AppreciativeUser wrote:Lilly is only at the end because I could view her ending after finishing Hanako's route, so I just did that instead of playing through again. Little did I know I needed to play her route from the beginning to get the final CG.
yeah, same here. I was all "wait, I got 100%, where's the last CG?"
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Emi
Shizune
Lilly
Hanako
Rin
Kenji

Whenever I started the game I was like "I'm going to finish Lilly's route first." Then it turned out that I really liked Shizune/Misha and didn't find Lilly all that interesting, so I completed the first route just picking the "best" choices (though I should've known that choosing to run would've plopped me in Emi's route).

I also found it difficult to get into Rin's route, because it seems like you basically have to reject the other four girls, and if you subsequently reject Rin because you wanted to be with one of the other girls then you end up with Kenji.
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

Emi
Kenji
Shizune
Lilly
Hanako
Rin

I started the game not aiming for anyone in particular. After getting Kenji's route, I started aiming for specific girls.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."

Post by Guest »

First I (like many) acted as I would and got Rin. Still my favorite ending.

I then made one different decision (the fight between Lilly and Shizu) and Emi. Inconclusive ending, but my favorite character.

Kenji was next. What a depressing ending.

Lilly first, then Hanako. I love Lilly, but didn't really like either ending. Hanako isn't my fave either.

Finally Shizu, who I must admit I did not like at first, but I discovered that it's really Misha I don't like. This path got on my nerves, but the ending was great.

I like Emi.
Jopon

Post by Jopon »

Whoops forgot to sign in. ^^^^That guy is me.
Hal Emmerich

Post by Hal Emmerich »

Ah. I think it was
1.)Emi
2.)Hanako
3.)Shizune & Misha
4.)Lilly
5.)Rin
6.)Kenji
Zero_kun

Post by Zero_kun »

Hmm...

1)Emi (first start game without walkthrough)
2)Shizune (interesting playful games Xd)
3)Rin (Good end, my fav. one)
4)Hanako (hm... more like warm-heart end which I like that ;] )
5)Lilly (more like ok-ok)
6)Kenij (always Death God that I kept ended up >< )

I was aiming for Shizune for start without guild. So, I end up with Emi. I feel like she's too dangerous like Kenij said before. >.>;;
There's a very Wise Man once said "I don't know, go ask woman"