Just a random question

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xaphan

Just a random question

Post by Xaphan »

For all of you who has played Kawata Shoujo (which I assume is everyone on the discussion), I can't help but wonder... Have you ever played any other Bushojo games as well? If so, which ones?

(My list is below)

Come See Me Tonight
Come See Me Tonight 2
The Sagara Family (one of my personal favorites)
Let's Meow Meow
Amorous Professor Cherry
Do you like Horny Bunnies? 2
Kana Little Sister (One of my personal favorites, despite it's ridiculously long story line)
Hitomi My Step Sister (Very... uh.. different than what I was first introduced to)
Snow Sakura
Heart De Roomate

DISCIPLINE (By far the most fucked up, morbid, degrading thing I've ever endured in my life... I guess it's just a woman's way of saying payback bitches! DO NOT play this game unless you think you can stomach it.)
Last edited by Xaphan on Fri May 22, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Just a random question

Post by Silentcook »

A couple or three of those. And frankly, I wasn't too impressed by the lot...
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

stalk

Post by stalk »

Xaphan wrote:For all of you who has played Kawata Shoujo (which I assume is everyone on the discussion), I can't help but wonder... Have you ever played any other Bushojo games as well? If so, which ones?

(My list is below)

Come See Me Tonight
Come See Me Tonight 2
The Sagara Family (one of my personal favorites)
Let's Meow Meow
Amorous Professor Cherry
Do you like Horny Bunnies? 2
Kana Little Sister (One of my personal favorites, despite it's ridiculously long story line)
Hitomi My Step Sister (Very... uh.. different than what I was first introduced to)
Snow Sakura
Heart De Roomate
I've played a couple but they were terrible. They can't even compare to Katawa Shoujo, let alone Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime, Planetarian, and the many doujin games available.

Post by Guest »

IMO, of all the games you listed the only decent one is kana little sister. Now, I may be biased since it was the first VN I played, and I haven't revisited it for a while, but damn, it yanked tears out of me. Many tears.
unkind

Post by unkind »

never played any of those, i prefer games with fantastic (usually fantasy elements) stories and really likable characters.

These are the games I consider 9-10/10 quality so far: Saya no uta, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Clannad, Chaos;head, Princess waltz

I only put PW up there because of it's ridiculously high production value and it was really good up until the ending.

I look forward to playing Kana sometime soon :).
Xaphan

Post by Xaphan »

Guest wrote:IMO, of all the games you listed the only decent one is kana little sister. Now, I may be biased since it was the first VN I played, and I haven't revisited it for a while, but damn, it yanked tears out of me. Many tears.
I loved Kana Little sister, very tear jerking, very inspiring; probably the best bushoijo I've ever played. Katawa Shoujo has a good chance at taking the cake however. I'll just have wait for that answer when the full release is out. :mrgreen:
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Played
  • Fate/Stay Night
    Narcissu
    Tsukihime
    Princess Waltz
    pXt
    Katawa Shoujo Act 1
Playing
  • Brass Restoration
On computer, will play soon
  • Kana: Little Sister
    Saya No Uta
    Chaos;Head

Interested, will check out eventually
  • Yume Miru Kusuri

Waiting for English patch
  • Fortune Arterial
    Shikkoku no Sharnoth
    Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashino
    Yosuga no Sora
    Komorebi ni Yureru Tama no Koe
Just my personal list so far.
静音是买外夫
Xaphan

Post by Xaphan »

unkind wrote:never played any of those, i prefer games with fantastic (usually fantasy elements) stories and really likable characters.

These are the games I consider 9-10/10 quality so far: Saya no uta, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Clannad, Chaos;head, Princess waltz

I only put PW up there because of it's ridiculously high production value and it was really good up until the ending.

I look forward to playing Kana sometime soon :).
I wanted to download Princess Waltz actually... A friend of mine told me that he played it before and it was damn good. He insisted me to download it and was rather confident that I would like it.

Just an insider, Kana Little sister was made before windows XP came out and is hard to convert it into XP compatibility, my tip for you is when you download it and convert it fast because the game itself will sometimes just stop working all together otherwise. Heck, even if you do convert it, the game still has a chance of shutting down anyways. It's rather sad actually, because I wasn't able to compete it fully before it decided to stop working. :cry:
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Princess Waltz is pretty good for a VN that's been translated into English commercially. It's a fun little diversion, but the card battling system isn't too hard to break and the characters have a lot more potential than the story allows them to show. There are a few epic moments, though, and it's worth going through. There's also practically no choices of any significance, but it allows you to focus on the main story, I think.
静音是买外夫
Krull

Post by Krull »

Oh,gawd...what have I played? (this list my get revised as I remember them)

ToHeart 2 X-rated
Maid in heaven Super S
Yume Miru Kusuri
Season of the Sakura
Runaway city
Three sister's story
Water Closet.....yes I played this game!
Horny Bunnies 2
X-Change
Bible Black
Amorous Professor Cherry

And a few I can't remember now.
"Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane."

Philip K. Dick, Valis

"I just can't stop"~Me
Bara

Post by Bara »

Xaphan wrote:For all of you who has played Kawata Shoujo (which I assume is everyone on the discussion), I can't help but wonder... Have you ever played any other Bushojo games as well? If so, which ones?
Eh, my first time with a VN. I guess you could say KS got my "cherry". So far its a great ride and gonna last a looooong time before climax comes. :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
geezer_man

Post by geezer_man »

KS isn't my first VN, more like the second i've done/read/played (what is the word for this??). just finished Brass Restoration - need to get a different ending. anyway, KS is VERY interesting, well written, and well-drawn (not being an ARTIST i'm very jealous of you guys?) :)
the present-day composer refuses to die! E. Varese
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

KS is my first (blushes)

School Days was the first VN I was interested in though, have not played it as I am still waiting for the translation to be complete:(
If anyone is interested just google 'Sekai Project'

And now I am pretty interested in Yume Miru Kusuri I have it downloaded but cant play it, need to get Daemon Tools or something or other, I am pretty computer retarded...
Krull

Post by Krull »

Nosson wrote:KS is my first (blushes)

School Days was the first VN I was interested in though, have not played it as I am still waiting for the translation to be complete:(
If anyone is interested just google 'Sekai Project'

And now I am pretty interested in Yume Miru Kusuri I have it downloaded but cant play it, need to get Daemon Tools or something or other, I am pretty computer retarded...
Alcohol 52% it's a virtual CD drive,mount the game and it should auto start,you may have to flip you unicode and a few other settings to Japanese.

Daemon kinda sucks.
"Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane."

Philip K. Dick, Valis

"I just can't stop"~Me
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

Thanks Krull.