It is Just to Say...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xaphan

It is Just to Say...

Post by Xaphan »

Hello everyone, Xaphan here. I am a new new member to the Katawa Shoujo forum. Let me just take the time to say that "Katawa Shoujo" is by far, the most updated bishoujo game I've ever encountered. The graphics are amazing, the fact that there's a moving background is wonderful, and the little animations that each characters do throughout the story is something new to me as well. It's... how to put it, the closest game to an animation without being considered anime. Really pleased with the work from the people of Four Leaf Studios, very impressive.

In my opinion, this game will probably become a great hit in the bishoujo genre; possibly bigger than "The Sagara Family".(If you haven't heard of the game before, I defiantly recommend it.) The thing that really pulls me into this game is the simple fact that it has a different story like than all of the other I've played or heard of. The unique storyline and the general feeling of sadness within the main character really gets my attention and opens my curiosity. I'm a man who is a fan of suspense, irony, and drama. I love reading books that gives off a sense of emotion in them; whether it's sad, happy, angry, or whatever. I believe that its essential for any book to have that kind of gist to them. I also like the fact that I'm able to grasp and feel how the other character's are feeling. It's like I'm a part of them and I share the same conflicts or objectives as they do.

Another thing i like about this game is that all of the main characters have something wrong with them. I'm not too sure if this was Four Leaf Studio's intention or not, but I believe there is a message to be heard inside this game. Something like, "people can be different and still live a normal life, there's not need for the segregation between the general people and the unfortunate". Or maybe something like, "people can still be beautiful no matter what they're condition is, we shouldn't judge others so quickly, embrace their differences and show some compassion and caring." Let me try to explain what I'm trying to get at here... Emi and Hanako are ridiculously cute right? They're like little balls of joy. However, one is missing legs and the other looks like they were dipped in acid... Yes, I know what you're thinking, "it's a game, cute drawings can be made no matter what they're frail condition might be". However, I bet that if a person were to look at someone else who doesn't have legs or someone who has messed up skin in reality; they would probably look at them with disgust. Four Leaf Studios however, takes those crude appeals and imbues them into a bishoujo game; and sure enough, the girls still look very cute. So, why can't anyone look past someone's physical problem which they cannot help and notice them for who they really are? Why can't anyone offer a helping hand instead of mock and sneer? They're still humans aren't they?

The world is a hard place for the unfortunate... Most of you probably have no idea how much different their life really is from ours. A simple task to us can be a real hassle for them. The mockery and the bullying those people receive just because of their own set backs... We should be helping those who cannot help themselves, push them forward, instead of leaving them behind. If you read this and are one of the few who actually cares for the needy then blessings be with you... Bless you for your good deeds, sincerity, and kindness. The world can never have too many good souls. If you read this and has never tried to offer a helping hand to others who need it then try and do so. The little effort you put into it will have such a big impact on the person you're helping. Just the simple hello would be suffice enough, because you've acknowledge their existence. Believe me when I say this, you'll feel good about it someday...
DuaneMoody

Re: It is Just to Say...

Post by DuaneMoody »

Xaphan wrote:Another thing i like about this game is that all of the main characters have something wrong with them.
For example, Hanako ships Zutara.
Squirg

Post by Squirg »

Xaphan wrote:Another thing i like about this game is that all of the main characters have something wrong with them. I'm not too sure if this was Four Leaf Studio's intention or not, but I believe there is a message to be heard inside this game.
It was. Have you seen the original RAITA page that inspired the whole game? Also, the devs encourage donating to charity instead of donating to them, so that's something you might be interested in judging from your post. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what's "wrong" with you? You include yourself with the people with disabilities, and I'm curious.
Xaphan

Post by Xaphan »

I don't personally have anything wrong with me... However, I do have an acoustic and mentally challenged brother... He use to be bulled around at his school and I hated the kids for picking on him is all... On top of that, I'm friends with a couple of people who has some sort of disability and I've heard their share of the story as well. My goal in life is to help people, possibly become a forensic scientist. In conclusion, its just how I am, I guess...
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

DuaneMoody wrote:
Xaphan wrote:Another thing i like about this game is that all of the main characters have something wrong with them.
For example, Hanako ships Zutara.
Nice one Duane, I have been waiting for the chance to come up to make a Hanako/Zuko connection, but you beat me to it.

Wait... Hanako... Zuko? Hazuko! It must be made. They fit together on so many levels.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Nosson wrote:Nice one Duane, I have been waiting for the chance to come up to make a Hanako/Zuko connection, but you beat me to it.

Wait... Hanako... Zuko? Hazuko! It must be made. They fit together on so many levels.
I beat you to it long ago in the "Hanako has two eyes" topic...
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

U.T. Raptor wrote: I beat you to it long ago in the "Hanako has two eyes" topic...
Oh yes... I remember now.