Hanako has two eyes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ShadoWKilleR

Re: Hanako has two eyes

Post by ShadoWKilleR »

hmm, i don't think hanako should be able to see with her eyes, that level of scarring is gotta the worst burn you can get so if it goes beyond her eye i truly believe her (right) eye should be affected as well meaning no\impaired vision.

[unrelated]I've lived this world for 666 times (no hidden meaning for you dumb asses out there) and very single fucking time those god damned iranians bombed israel with A-bombs and FUCKING KILLED ME!! i hope this time will be different, well i did say that at all the other times still I wanna hope I'll live long enough this time
and this got posted i got to vent it out, it's quit
e annoying to hold that type of secret all for yourself, and all i wanna do is live my life peacefully[/size]
Last edited by Blue123 on Sun May 17, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed that text for you.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Maybe we can compromise and say the right eye is glass.

Of course, then she wouldn't be able to move it, as she's clearly doing in the Act 1 100% completion CG.
WASSHOI

Post by WASSHOI »

ShadoWKilleR wrote: [unrelated]I've lived this world for 666 times (no hidden meaning for you dumb asses out there) and very single fucking time those god damned iranians bombed israel with A-bombs and FUCKING KILLED ME!! i hope this time will be different, well i did say that at all the other times still I wanna hope I'll live long enough this time
e annoying to hold that type of secret all for yourself, and all i wanna do is live my life peacefully[/size]
Isreali Rika, is that you?
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

WASSHOI wrote:
ShadoWKilleR wrote: [unrelated]I've lived this world for 666 times (no hidden meaning for you dumb asses out there) and very single fucking time those god damned iranians bombed israel with A-bombs and FUCKING KILLED ME!! i hope this time will be different, well i did say that at all the other times still I wanna hope I'll live long enough this time
Isreali Rika, is that you?
He had 666 chances to assassinate Ahmedinejad but he was too busy being jewish.

What a dick.

Anyway, just how much of Hanako's body do the burns cover?
dinorap19

Post by dinorap19 »

ShadoWKilleR wrote:hmm, i don't think hanako should be able to see with her eyes, that level of scarring is gotta the worst burn you can get so if it goes beyond her eye i truly believe her (right) eye should be affected as well meaning no\impaired vision.
Not necessarily, I mean take a look at Two-Face.
That's way bad, but the eye's still fine as ever.

And besides, we can't do anything about it now, she has two eyes by word of God(In this case God = the dev team)
Envy

Post by Envy »

A fictional character isn't the best example to use to prove that Hanako could have two eyes, despite one of them being on the heavily scarred side of her face.

Two-face doesn't even have any eyelids on his burnt side. I shouldn't have to explain the importance of blinking.

Personally I don't see why Hanako has to have two working eyes. One blind eye would look very pretty.
dinorap19

Post by dinorap19 »

Envy wrote:A fictional character isn't the best example to use to prove that Hanako could have two eyes.
And yet, we are discussing about very fictional character here. :P

Okay, point made. But regardless, devs say she has two perfectly good eyes, she has two perfectly good eyes. What can we do? Speculate about why she shouldn't have both of 'em in working condition, yeah, but it's not really gonna change anything in the end.

Also, even if one eye is vision impaired, the only problem I can think of is that it'd be harder for her to anticipate things coming from her right side. That's it really, other than that, her eyesight in the remaining eye would be fine. Apologies if I seem nonchalant (if that's the right term for this situation), but it's nearing 3am and I'm still awake. My brain falters after 12.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Referencing a fictional character when referring to another fictional character is fair enough.

And like I said earlier, I assumed Hanako's right eye was permanently sort of squinty, like Zuko's left eye here...
Zuko.jpg
Zuko.jpg (38.02 KiB) Viewed 4985 times

Post by Guest »

Good eye or not, I imagine it would be a bit hard to see past all that hair.
Envy

Post by Envy »

dinorap19 wrote:What can we do?
Challenge the notion until one of us gives in or DEATH DO US PART.
U.T. Raptor wrote:Referencing a fictional character when referring to another fictional character is fair enough.
You can't use a fictional character to prove that a feature in another fictional character is realistic and probable.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Envy wrote:You can't use a fictional character to prove that a feature in another fictional character is realistic and probable.
touche.
OtakuMegane

Post by OtakuMegane »

If you want to take the time, search for 'burn victim' or similar things in Google. Even after you sort out the fictional Hollywood pictures, there's just about every possibility you could come up with. And yes, there are people with half, sometimes more, of their faces burned and their eyes are fine. Plenty that still have hair as well (to debunk an "impossibility" that seems oft brought up when discussing Hanako).
Lilly > Hanako > Misha > Yuuko > Emi > Rin > Shizune

<OtakuMegane> sdfgegervdrtt456rth?
<A22> who are you
<A22> yeah fuck it you have otaku in your name
<A22> the dislike just comes naturally
<OtakuMegane> :D
<A22> shu tup
dinorap19

Post by dinorap19 »

Envy wrote: Challenge the notion until one of us gives in or DEATH DO US PART.
I am sorry, I cannot marry you, someone else has my heart. :P Hogawsh, I am reminiscing about my debate club days.... I wasn't very good at it.
Envy wrote:
U.T. Raptor wrote:Referencing a fictional character when referring to another fictional character is fair enough.
You can't use a fictional character to prove that a feature in another fictional character is realistic and probable.
But, it is kind of fun. WAHAHAHAHHA!!!!~
Cynsye

Post by Cynsye »

Anon wrote:Maybe we can compromise and say the right eye is glass.

Of course, then she wouldn't be able to move it, as she's clearly doing in the Act 1 100% completion CG.
The eye could be one made out of coral. As the coral is "alive" it can bind with the muscles around the eye allowing it to move.
Prisoner416

Post by Prisoner416 »

Well, in my mind, she'll always have two eyes, but the one in question was damaged. One can only imagine what the scarring that she covers up looks like. (I hope that is incorporated, as the present viewable scarring almost seems minor. Yes, it's "cute", but we should have some reality to it like the other characters. It has to be bad to have damaged her mindset as it has.)