H-Scenes and Hisao

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Coyfish

Re: H-Scenes and Hisao

Post by Coyfish »

How BIG are those stairs?.....just asking. Since I can handle two flights of stairs within a number of steps....but it depends on how big the steps are. In some places, the steps are really small, very close. In others, they're really big and far apart.
SnowSong

Post by SnowSong »

I assume average flights of stairs... Unfortuantely the textbook did not elaborate, since it was only a minor point the authors were trying to make. A flight of stairs would span from one floor to the next, so I must leave it to your imagination.

As well, if you are breathless at the end of the two flights, it is still fine to have sex, but you will be breathless at the end of the experience. Food for thoughts...
shuchung

Post by shuchung »

So, basically, the only good end is the bad end, where Hisao didn't end up with any girl and thus avoided sex and heart attack. I can already see the moral of the game: Is sex really worth dying for?
Bara

Post by Bara »

shuchung wrote:So, basically, the only good end is the bad end, where Hisao didn't end up with any girl and thus avoided sex and heart attack. I can already see the moral of the game: Is sex really worth dying for?
Well, since Hisao has never been with a girl how would he know if sex is worth it? He already DOES know what a heart attack feels like. Known pain vs. unknown pleasure.... it would be understandable to be leery in his situation.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

Well how old is he? He must have at least had a handjob by now. The average age to lose your virginity, at least in the UK, is 17. In Japan the age of consent varies but its minimum is 3 years lower than the UK's.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
Bluest Big Bang

Post by Bluest Big Bang »

Teclo wrote:Well how old is he? He must have at least had a handjob by now. The average age to lose your virginity, at least in the UK, is 17. In Japan the age of consent varies but its minimum is 3 years lower than the UK's.
I think that's irrelevant. Averages are just like saying, "Hey, I got a handjob, you should too." It's like you're being pressured into having sexual interaction before you become old and wrinkly. Some of us just don't get that lucky or motivated.

Anyway, I agree; there should be some healthy and unhealthy choices in the game that concern the fuck-like-a-stallion-and-survive ending. Basically Hisao needs to take his meds and not run as batshit crazy as Emi and he'll be fine. It's a scary thought when you can't push yourself too hard or too slow with a bad heart, and in the end, you'll get fed up with it and overdo it. Then comes more hospitalization and maybe even death.
BustRobot

Post by BustRobot »

Bluest Big Bang wrote:
Teclo wrote:Well how old is he? He must have at least had a handjob by now. The average age to lose your virginity, at least in the UK, is 17. In Japan the age of consent varies but its minimum is 3 years lower than the UK's.
Anyway, I agree; there should be some healthy and unhealthy choices in the game that concern the fuck-like-a-stallion-and-survive ending. Basically Hisao needs to take his meds and not run as batshit crazy as Emi and he'll be fine. It's a scary thought when you can't push yourself too hard or too slow with a bad heart, and in the end, you'll get fed up with it and overdo it. Then comes more hospitalization and maybe even death.
I think that with most of the girls, the sex scenes would actually be pretty slow; I can't really imagine the fuck-like-a-stallion method happening with Hanako, Lilly or Rin. Shizune and Emi quite possibly, but even so.
Last edited by BustRobot on Sat May 16, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open up our narrow minds.
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

Bluest Big Bang wrote:
I think that's irrelevant. Averages are just like saying, "Hey, I got a handjob, you should too." It's like you're being pressured into having sexual interaction before you become old and wrinkly. Some of us just don't get that lucky or motivated.
It's nothing to do with being "pressured", unless you count biological imperatives as "pressure", which I guess they are, but not in the way you meant. It's just that if you lead a normal life, aren't tremendously ugly or incredibly insecure, these things will happen to you. The average is the average because it's normal for these things to happen as you enter your teenage years and onwards but then there are lots of people who have various problems and who drag the average upwards. All it takes is a few 40-year-old virgins and the average has leapt up by a few years. If Hisao is meant to be a shut-in or a nerd, then fine. But if he's meant to be a normal guy, it'd be unthinkable that he hasn't got further than kissing by his age. I appreciate that it's a trope of VNs to have the main character be total clueless virgin and to have effectively been hermetically sealed away from girls his whole life (apart from that one childhood friend!) and so if that's the reason, fair enough. I appreciate that 4LS are intentionally following the clichés of the genre with their first work. I just find it kind of odd that someone would get to his age, 17 or 18 I believe, and have had zero sexual experience.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
Bluest Big Bang

Post by Bluest Big Bang »

Teclo wrote:
Bluest Big Bang wrote:
It's nothing to do with being "pressured", unless you count biological imperatives as "pressure", which I guess they are, but not in the way you meant. It's just that if you lead a normal life, aren't tremendously ugly or incredibly insecure, these things will happen to you. The average is the average because it's normal for these things to happen as you enter your teenage years and onwards but then there are lots of people who have various problems and who drag the average upwards. All it takes is a few 40-year-old virgins and the average has leapt up by a few years. If Hisao is meant to be a shut-in or a nerd, then fine. But if he's meant to be a normal guy, it'd be unthinkable that he hasn't got further than kissing by his age. I appreciate that it's a trope of VNs to have the main character be total clueless virgin and to have effectively been hermetically sealed away from girls his whole life (apart from that one childhood friend!) and so if that's the reason, fair enough. I appreciate that 4LS are intentionally following the clichés of the genre with their first work. I just find it kind of odd that someone would get to his age, 17 or 18 I believe, and have had zero sexual experience.
Right, well, you're possibly amongst quite a few who have passed 18 and never had sexual experiences. Masturbation does not count.

... Although, for me, there WAS that one time ...
Bara

Post by Bara »

In this case we are not talking averages, reasonable rules of thumb, or leagal age of consent in various countries . The subject is the character Hisao and he was created as he is by the dev team in part to lay a foundation for the story and to drive the story along. If Hisao started being a "man-whore" at age 13 it would be a different story than what is being written; now wouldn't it? This is my view anyway.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

Teclo wrote:It's nothing to do with being "pressured", unless you count biological imperatives as "pressure", which I guess they are, but not in the way you meant. It's just that if you lead a normal life, aren't tremendously ugly or incredibly insecure, these things will happen to you. The average is the average because it's normal for these things to happen as you enter your teenage years and onwards but then there are lots of people who have various problems and who drag the average upwards. All it takes is a few 40-year-old virgins and the average has leapt up by a few years.

I just find it kind of odd that someone would get to his age, 17 or 18 I believe, and have had zero sexual experience.
You talk like it's a bad thing that some people don't have sex until they're out of secondary school.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Fidelas

Post by Fidelas »

Validus Razgriz wrote:You talk like it's a bad thing that some people don't have sex until they're out of secondary school.
People 'gotta hurry up and repopulate the earth, amirite? /sarcasm
Emi Footjob -> The Problem Really Is In Your Pants
kslover

Post by kslover »

Suigintou wrote:Don't worry, he's protected by a thick plate of plot armor, what with being the protagonist and all.
my god i heard that ist impenetrable
all of which makes me anxious, at times unbearably so
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
if you're losing your soul and know it then you still have a soul to lose.
its better to light a candle than complain about the dark.
kslover

Post by kslover »

Bluest Big Bang wrote:There should be some sort of permanent, unchangeable ending after sexing a girl where Hisao dies from another stroke.
your bad at medicine :cry:
all of which makes me anxious, at times unbearably so
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
if you're losing your soul and know it then you still have a soul to lose.
its better to light a candle than complain about the dark.