Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Snow_Storm

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by Snow_Storm »

Her disablillity is that she lusts for a female fuck buddy.
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

Snow_Storm wrote:Her disablillity is that she lusts for a female fuck buddy.
Wow, crazy. I suffer from the exact same disability.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Anubis wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:Her disablillity is that she lusts for a female fuck buddy.
Wow, crazy. I suffer from the exact same disability.
Same here!

I should had reword my post.

Misha disablitiy is that she lusts for a deaf female fuck buddy that also need glasses.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Oh God this thread again...

Don't you all realize that A22 killed off Misha early in Act 2 in a heartrending lesbian flaming baton twirling accident? Silent Cook edited her back in to fill out Shizune's route.

Misha's disability is that she has come back from the dead. She is a ZOMBIE!! :lol:

Wahahahaha!!!

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Bara wrote:Oh God this thread again...

Don't you all realize that A22 killed off Misha early in Act 2 in a heartrending lesbian flaming baton twirling accident? Silent Cook edited her back in to fill out Shizune's route.

Misha's disability is that she has come back from the dead. She is a ZOMBIE!! :lol:

Wahahahaha!!!
Huh? What version of the game you played? If I remember correctly, A22 killed off Misha in Act 2 when Kenji kidnaps her and throws her off the Empire State Bridge. Spider-Ma- err Hisao tried to save Misha but when he use his web to pull her up from the water, Misha was already dead and Hisao thought he killed her with his webbing.
Anon53

Post by Anon53 »

Guys guys, you've got it all wrong. Her disability is that she's a Republican.

Post by Guest »

58 pages in whoa hello!

I'm going to repost something from gamefaqs, if you care for the rest of the posts they're over that way under "disability faq". And you'll have to forgive me -- fifty-eight pages is a lot to scour through, so I'm just skimming.
It's been hinted at that Misha has some inner ear trauma - she states that she gets dizzy when she goes up / down stairs, she has some issues with balance, vertigo and volume control, her hearing doesn't seem to affect her day to day life but she did come to yamaku to learn sign language and she plans on teaching it.
That sounds vaguely like sequelae of Meniere's disease, although there's a fairly wide differential for problems with balance and hearing, ranging from ear problems to nerve sheath tumors to brainstem issues.

The only problem I have with this is that I'd expect Misha to be more sensitive to sounds and thus speak more softly, not more loudly.

I'm nevertheless impressed that the writers took the time to consider reasons for Misha to speak as loudly as she does. But IMO, there doesn't need to be a reason - sometimes personality is just personality, not pathology.
I note that someone else has noted Meniere's already, to which I will tip my hat. :) Meniere's is extremely rare in children, though. I'd consider vestibular migraine as a distinct and more likely possibility in an 18yo female - note that "migraine" doesn't necessarily mean that she'd complain of headaches, she may simply have the vestibular symptoms (dizziness etc).

Also, she doesn't have Asperger's. She doesn't even possibly might have Asperger's, she simply doesn't. Diagnosis of Asperger's requires an inability to function in a social environment. It's pretty clear within the first few minutes from Misha's interactions with Shizune and Hisao that she does not have anything resembling major social dysfunction. She does, however, have some obnoxious histrionic personality traits.

While I'm at it let me address a few other suggestions
Watch it be something out of left field like MS. It just hasn't shown itself yet.
Multiple sclerosis is what we would call a 'zebra diagnosis' here - "when one hears hooves on the prairie, one expects horses, not zebras". An inflammatory MS plaque in the lower midbrain/pontine region of the brainstem could cause transient symptoms but it borders on ridiculous (not impossible, but more-likely-to-win-the-lottery rarity) to think that this would be the presenting sign of MS. Moreover, if the authors were writing about a character with MS, we'd *know* she had MS - there would be a relapse or two written into the script at a minimum. Finally, MS is quite rare in the pediatric population; what I'd expect in the same class of diseases would be an inherited leukodystrophy or disseminated encephalomyelitis, which wouldn't present like Misha does.
Brain tumor, anyone?
Not a terrible suggestion. Low grade pediatric tumors have a tendency to be subtentorial (below the major chunks of brain, by the brainstem and cerebellum), which place them within striking distance of the vestibulocochlear nerve -- the most likely one would be an acoutic neuroma (also called a 'vestibular schwannoma') - this is not entirely out of the range of possibility. However, I doubt a vestibular schwannoma, which is benign aside from sheer mass effect when it enlarges, would send Misha to a school for the disabled. Meanwhile, back to the other types of tumors -- the brainstem is an incredibly tiny place, and an enlarging tumor would cause other cranial neuropathies and brainstem signs, for example, complete cessation of respiratory drive followed promptly by death.

Incidentally, bilateral acoustic neuromas are almost pathognomonic for neurofibromatosis type 2, which I also see mentioned - but I don't see anything else to lead credence to NF2. Again if she had it, I'm pretty sure we'd know.
There's also the posibility that it can be Bipolar Disorder, taking in mind that no depresive episode has been show yet
Mania is probably enough to diagnose bipolar type 1 by itself, but I doubt Misha is simply bipolar all the time; this seems to be more personality than psychiatric disorder.
Just saw this on 4chan. Someone suggested thalassemia.
Thalassemia wouldn't be a disability unless she has thalassemia major, and if that were the case you'd be hearing something about chelation injection therapy at the bare minimum. And she'd probably be a lot less energetic -- much more anemic (in all senses of the word).
Osteogenesis imperfecta
I don't even know where this one came from
dyspraxia
No, just no. Not disabled enough, functions too highly, not a believable diagnosis
...Completely healthy student
Finally, this (normal healthy 18-year-old with pink hair) is the most likely and most reasonable diagnosis until evidence of a more significant pathology rears its ugly head.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

The devs refuse to answer so it seems they enjoy the fuss the question causes too much to just clear it up. It's true that Yamaku accepts healthy students so it's possible that learning to be a sign language teacher is the real reason she's there, but that doesn't mean that the part about getting dizzy on stairs is a lie to get out of work like some assume either. Using Google I've found that several things, including relativly minor ones, can sometime cause dizziness or even fainting while not being major enough to be considered a disability, such as blood pressure problems and anemia. If she has low or high blood pressure exertion can sometimes, but not always, cause a fluctuation in blood pressure causing dizziness. Funny thing is, Arrhythmia and other heart conditions can sometimes cause pressure flucuations in those situations as well so Hisao should also occasionally have problems with dizziness from stairs except maybe in Emi's arc where he takes good enough care of himself that climbing stairs would be less of an exertion.
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

In my opinion, she doesn't display any Physical disabilities, however, it is very likely that she has a case of ADD/ADHD.
megamanrulesall

Post by megamanrulesall »

This is her true disability.
http://www.vanadis-soft.com/stmonmusu/chara06.html
She is secretly a octopus girl.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Guest wrote:58 pages in whoa hello!
...Completely healthy student
Finally, this (normal healthy 18-year-old with pink hair) is the most likely and most reasonable diagnosis until evidence of a more significant pathology rears its ugly head.
What? Being a zombie isn't a "significant pathology"? :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
cuddlypotato

Post by cuddlypotato »

She expresses numerous times that she wants to teach sign-language. I'm guessing it became something that just fascinated her when she first witnessed it, and pursued it as such. She explains it herself, but with a lot more ~! and WAHAHA.
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Being a republican :mrgreen:

Or Warrio after a sex change
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Yellow 13 wrote:Being a republican :mrgreen:

Or Warrio after a sex change
WAHAHARIO you mean!
A ghost...

Post by A ghost... »

I always thought she was just a twit......or a mental midget.
"If I ever die, I'm begging you, please come with me
We're gonna groove, into the blue
All the parasites, oh just leave them, pigs can't fly
There's no tomorrow, no regrets, no goodbyes"
Candlemass