Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

kslover

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by kslover »

abscess wrote:
kslover wrote:it makes perfect sense hide in plain sight you know
Shush! Don't let Lilly hear those words! She might get upset! :P
I'm betting on slow hearing loss. It's much more interesting and much more problematic than anosmia. A person with anosmia still is able to go to a normal highschool. It's not like they (normal highscools) grade your ability to smell crap, do they?
At most, she could have some problems with biology lab class, but it's not something life threatening or anything.
you'd be more susceptible to gas leaks lol
all of which makes me anxious, at times unbearably so
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
if you're losing your soul and know it then you still have a soul to lose.
its better to light a candle than complain about the dark.
abscess

Post by abscess »

kslover wrote:
abscess wrote:
kslover wrote:it makes perfect sense hide in plain sight you know
Shush! Don't let Lilly hear those words! She might get upset! :P
I'm betting on slow hearing loss. It's much more interesting and much more problematic than anosmia. A person with anosmia still is able to go to a normal highschool. It's not like they (normal highscools) grade your ability to smell crap, do they?
At most, she could have some problems with biology lab class, but it's not something life threatening or anything.
you'd be more susceptible to gas leaks lol
Yeah, that's one of the few problems I can think of. Still, it's not as problematic as not hearing a car coming at you at full speed. People yelling at you because a gas-leak has actually started to burn your apartment or even something slightly romantic like the whisper of the wind or the voice of your loved one.
Losing smell is, partially, a good thing. If you are living with someone, you can't smell her/his breath in the morning, which in some cases smell like shit, literally.
Siiiiigh....
kslover

Post by kslover »

true i suppose my caffeine infected brain is trying to rationalize my terrible thoughts :idea: SYNAESTHESIA
Last edited by kslover on Sun May 24, 2009 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
abscess

Post by abscess »

kslover wrote: true i suppose my caffeine infected brain is trying to rationalize my terrible thoughts
My beer infected brain doesn't let me type properly. That's why I have to edit my posts more than once :lol:
¡Viva la adicción!
kslover wrote::idea: SYNAESTHESIA
That's like "I see colors every time you talk" and stuff like that, right?
I still don't find it very problematic. Weird maybe, but not that problematic.
Last edited by abscess on Sun May 24, 2009 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siiiiigh....
kslover

Post by kslover »

abscess wrote:
kslover wrote: true i suppose my caffeine infected brain is trying to rationalize my terrible thoughts :idea: SYNAESTHESIA
My beer infected brain doesn't let me type properly. That's why I have to edit my posts more than once lol
Viva la adicción!
uhhhh i speak german sorry
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
abscess

Post by abscess »

"Viva la adicción" is roughly translated as "hurray addiction". Anyway, back to topic. Synesthesia is a mental disorder IIRC, so it doesn't fit with the school's policy, am I right?
Siiiiigh....
kslover

Post by kslover »

abscess wrote:"Viva la adicción" is roughly translated as "hurray addiction". Anyway, back to topic. Synesthesia is a mental disorder IIRC, so it doesn't fit with the school's policy, am I right?
true but i suppose one could argue that it is a physical disability since senses are physical but now im splitting hairs mainly because i want it to be something wrong with her senses. :idea: :arrow:Ageusia
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
abscess

Post by abscess »

kslover wrote:
abscess wrote:"Viva la adicción" is roughly translated as "hurray addiction". Anyway, back to topic. Synesthesia is a mental disorder IIRC, so it doesn't fit with the school's policy, am I right?
true but i suppose one could argue that it is a physical disability since senses are physical but now im splitting hairs mainly because i want it to be something wrong with her senses. :idea: :arrow:Ageusia
That's the first time I read that.
*checking wikipedia*
So, loss of taste... I still find it like "huh? that ain't too bad"
Having that would lose any meaning for her going to the tea shop (or café or whatev's you wanna call it) she goes to with Shizune, not to mention the sundae she asks for... and the scene where Shizune gets her some... melon juice I think, because Shizune thinks Misha may want to try it.
Siiiiigh....
kslover

Post by kslover »

abscess wrote:
kslover wrote:
That's the first time I read that.
*checking wikipedia*
So, loss of taste... I still find it like "huh? that ain't too bad"
Having that would lose any meaning for her going to the tea shop (or café or whatev's you wanna call it) she goes to with Shizune, not to mention the sundae she asks for... and the secne where Shizune gets her some... melon juice I think, because shizune thinks Misha may want to try it.
yeah but like i said im still ignoring my medical knowledge and the actual evidence like a half-assed sherlock holmes
:idea: :arrow: African trypanosomiasis
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
abscess

Post by abscess »

kslover wrote::idea: :arrow: African trypanosomiasis
wikipedia wrote:Symptoms begin with fever, headaches, and joint pains
This reminds me of a theory to explain about Moses'... calamities or stuff that he.... made or predicted... anyway, it involded the teste fly infecting people. Anyway! going back on topic! I know it says "begins" but I didn't (couldn't?) find about the advanced stages of it. She seems too active to feel any joint pain or headaches or fever. I doubt that's the case.

I'm thinking that there may be a problem with her bones losing density (osteoporosis in an early age or something). Due to having fragile bones, she can't be in a normal school. Still, she seems too active to be doing that, maybe to an extent she can have physical activity.
Siiiiigh....
kslover

Post by kslover »

abscess wrote:
kslover wrote::idea: :arrow: African trypanosomiasis
wikipedia wrote:Symptoms begin with fever, headaches, and joint pains
This reminds me of a theory to explain about Moses'... calamities or stuff that he.... made or predicted... anyway, it involded the teste fly infecting people. Anyway! going back on topic! I know it says "begins" but I didn't (couldn't?) find about the advanced stages of it. She seems too active to feel any joint pain or headaches or fever. I doubt that's the case.

I'm thinking that there may be a problem with her bones losing density (osteoporosis in an early age or something). Due to having fragile bones, she can't be in a normal school. Still, she seems too active to be doing that, maybe to an extent she can have physical activity.
Exploding head syndrome
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
abscess

Post by abscess »

kslover wrote:Exploding head syndrome
In most cases (as far as I know ) that issue only comes when in complete silence. That still doesn't present too much of a problem. Leaving your medical knowledge is not good, it's always good to have in hand, mainly in this case. IIRC, from what little I read of Sherlock Holmes, he had his info available at all hands when it had to do with the case.

I still think that the most likely problem with her is going deaf slowly. That or bone related problems.... or maybe incredibly weak muscles? like reversed myostatin defficency... hypermyostatin disorder or something?
Siiiiigh....
Guest23

Post by Guest23 »

Does she have to have a physical disability to be at the school, though? It's not too far fetched to assume she was specially allowed in just to be Shizune's interpreter, especially if she was playing the role before both of them came to the school.
abscess

Post by abscess »

Guest23 wrote:Does she have to have a physical disability to be at the school, though? It's not too far fetched to assume she was specially allowed in just to be Shizune's interpreter, especially if she was playing the role before both of them came to the school.
Hmmmm............. good point. But for that, a teacher or, better yet, a professional in translating from sign language to spoken language would be a better idea. IIRC, she (Misha) said that she finally learned sign language after meeting Shizune.
Siiiiigh....
kslover

Post by kslover »

abscess wrote:
kslover wrote:Exploding head syndrome
In most cases (as far as I know ) that issue only comes when in complete silence. That still doesn't present too much of a problem. Leaving your medical knowledge is not good, it's always good to have in hand, mainly in this case. IIRC, from what little I read of Sherlock Holmes, he had his info available at all hands when it had to do with the case.
fine let the serious trying commence what about Zollinger-Ellison syndrome for following reasons: it wouldn't cause her too much trouble being active except for diarrhea but that could easily be fixed with some anti-diarrheal medication. her need for a specific diet would be a problem for a normal school and finally ice cream is used by some to help soothe ulcer pains. and its a form of cancer that could lead to the death that we need for hisao to become closer to shizune.

there given my near caffeine-overdosed state not too bad of logic
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!