Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

rincewind

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by rincewind »

Hmm, ok you pray for speed if you want to. I'll be praying for a story that blows my socks off. I'll to wait for the best product. I won't be happy about waiting, but I'd rather it be the best VN possible than hear that if they had just taken 3 more weeks or whatever that it wold have been majorly improved. :mrgreen:
I agree, quality > speed. But anyways... ¡I will pray for a Misha Path!
Self claimed Misha Fan
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

Bara wrote:
Roxius wrote:Well, once the game is finally complete (I pray to God that it's soon), we'll finally know...hopefully.
Hmm, ok you pray for speed if you want to. I'll be praying for a story that blows my socks off. I'll to wait for the best product. I won't be happy about waiting, but I'd rather it be the best VN possible than hear that if they had just taken 3 more weeks or whatever that it wold have been majorly improved. :mrgreen:
Roxius wrote:Stop ordering me around and just make the damn game already.
He's rather impatient.
Fawriel

Post by Fawriel »

So...

Would demonic possession count as a mental disorder? *rubs chin*
vaen

Post by vaen »

Fawriel wrote:So...

Would demonic possession count as a mental disorder? *rubs chin*
definitely. at least thinking you are possessed would be a sign of one. actual possession too, since you'd be most literally out of your mind.
some people once told me my mind was possessed by some kind of immortal spirit called a "soul". don't know what's up with that though.
Bara

Post by Bara »

rincewind wrote: I agree, quality > speed. But anyways... ¡I will pray for a Misha Path!
Well they do say prayer is good for the soul and all that. :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Fawriel

Post by Fawriel »

@vaen: Ah, but did you consider the biological implications of a proper demonic possession?

The hair is there to hide a pair of horns, mark my words.
kobe

Post by kobe »

Fawriel wrote:@vaen: Ah, but did you consider the biological implications of a proper demonic possession?

The hair is there to hide a pair of horns, mark my words.
and when time comes, her drills will pierce the heavens, after which she enters them and DESTROYS them!
Sxoriu

Post by Sxoriu »

rincewind wrote:
I agree, quality > speed. But anyways... ¡I will pray for a Misha Path!

They already said there wasn't going to be a Misha Path, though, which is quite unfortunate I admit, but it's probably rather difficult to change the devs' minds once they've decided on something.
'TIS BUT A FLESH WOUND!
Bara

Post by Bara »

Blue123 wrote: He's rather impatient.
20 years ago I was impatient too. Now I'd have to say tired is a better self description. :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Sxoriu

Post by Sxoriu »

Bara wrote:
Blue123 wrote: He's rather impatient.
20 years ago I was impatient too. Now I'd have to say tired is a better self description. :mrgreen:

Maybe he meant for it to be done soon with all those good things you mentioned too, since it's been so long and the devs don't say how close they are to being completed...
'TIS BUT A FLESH WOUND!
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

This is what I glean from reading the dev blog all the way through. These are just my guesses, so take them with a grain of salt.
  • There are five path authors.
  • At least two of the paths are completely finished.
  • Each path has multiple endings i.e. a considerable time commitment (remember, the total word count for the finished product is going to be close to that of the LotR trilogy).
  • Shizune and Misha are written by the same path author, A22.
  • Misha isn't one of RAITA's characters and it's reasonably clear the consensus is to stick as closely to RAITA's original idea as much as possible. No Kenji path, no Yuuko path.
Based on the above, A22 would drag out the project's completion date by doubling his time and work commitment adding a whole separate Misha path (with multiple endings) when her role in the game was to be a supporting character -- it would be more awkward if Shizune relied on a Yamaku staffer to do her translation.

Misha is an engaging side character but she is a piece of artistic license necessary to make Shizune's route possible. Were I a fly on the wall at the original editorial meetings, I would probably hear someone suggest that Rosa/Shizune's initial personality traits were in need of moderation and rather than making her moe-sweet it would be better to provide her some comic relief.

I like Misha. But I understand she's kind of like Sam Gamgee: there to ameliorate an overly severe or serious character.

En. Pee. See.
Darisc

Post by Darisc »

The whole concept of Five girls to choose from seems to be common, I'd say adding a sixth would break a common mold.

Then again, I'd be an avid fan of more, the different disabilities to dabble with are vast, too vast to be thrown into a mere five choices, but that's just my opinion.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Misha is a main character, just as much the five girls who have paths are. She has more dialogue lines than any other non-Hisao character in Act 1 and she is an important figure in the game. However she doesn't have a path, because she was not in RAITA's picture and we don't want to bloat this gigantic project any more than it already has been. We actually (not too seriously) considered dropping one of the other routes to reduce the size of the game before.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents

Post by Guest »

One other possibility: although Yamaku focuses heavily on physical conditions, it doesn't quite fit the mode of just a school for the disabled (though it certainly functions as one for many students). It also seems to act, in many ways, as a hospital school. Hisao's condition, for example, isn't really one that most would think of as a disability, but it requires the sort of medical supervision that only a school like Yamaku can give while still providing a normal education. Hanako's burns are similar: I'm not sure how many people would think of them as a disability, per se, but they must have required a great deal of medical care at first, and they still may require some.

Misha might be in a similar situation: not having what many would initially think of as a disability, but some other serious physical condition that requires near-constant medical supervision. This could, in turn, provide an interesting twist in Shizune's path, as the two are said to have basically been joined at the hip since coming to Yamaku. How would they handle being separated, if Misha's condition were to take a turn for the worse and remove her from the picture?
Onisake

Post by Onisake »

Guest wrote: Hanako's burns are similar: I'm not sure how many people would think of them as a disability, per se, but they must have required a great deal of medical care at first, and they still may require some.
I had assumed that the burning was quite deep, and likely penetrated to some of her internal organs. Only time will tell, when we get to see the full path. I agree, it is not a disability per se, but the simple fact that she would be considered an outcast by many of her peers in a normal school might warrant her acceptance. It's certainly nothing like a mental disorder.
Guest wrote: Misha might be in a similar situation: not having what many would initially think of as a disability, but some other serious physical condition that requires near-constant medical supervision. This could, in turn, provide an interesting twist in Shizune's path, as the two are said to have basically been joined at the hip since coming to Yamaku. How would they handle being separated, if Misha's condition were to take a turn for the worse and remove her from the picture?
She's very hyper. a serious physical condition seems unlikely to me. she is simply too energetic. She would risk damaging herself if her condition was too serious. As always, my best guess it is some sort progressive disease, and it's not that bad right now. As the story progresses, we might see her regress in her disease state. It's also possible she's a carrier for MD, and experiences a milder form of that disease. But i find that unlikely due to how hyper she is. That's more of a potshot in the dark, than a sound theory.

There are many diseases she could have. but it's hard to gauge exactly what, given what few symptoms we've seen thus far.