Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Warwick

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by Warwick »

Just saw this on 4chan. Someone suggested thalassemia.
静音是买外夫
SnigendePind

Post by SnigendePind »

Warwick wrote:Just saw this on 4chan. Someone suggested thalassemia.
But ain't that a mental disease?
Some people don't have arms. So what? Some people don't see colors, either.
- WetCrate

<@Raide> why does it sad to be touched? shouldn't you get a boner?

90% of the students were actually sent to Yamaku for being too lesbian. All those disabilities going around are just curious coincidence.
- Minister of Gloom

Made you look.
Free the Bee

Post by Free the Bee »

It's a blood disorder that results in anaemia. Misha doesn't strike me as the anaemic type, but maybe that's the point...
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Anemia could just prevent her from any strenuous physical activity, like climbing stairs and throwing balls. Obviously, laughing uproariously doesn't count.
静音是买外夫
Linear B

Post by Linear B »

Warwick wrote:Anemia could just prevent her from any strenuous physical activity, like climbing stairs and throwing balls. Obviously, laughing uproariously doesn't count.
Wasn't the ball thing more an issue of having bad aim? I don't think she was lying about it, since she had no qualms about noting that Shizune simply doesn't throw things.
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

Linear B wrote:
Warwick wrote:Anemia could just prevent her from any strenuous physical activity, like climbing stairs and throwing balls. Obviously, laughing uproariously doesn't count.
Wasn't the ball thing more an issue of having bad aim? I don't think she was lying about it, since she had no qualms about noting that Shizune simply doesn't throw things.
I infered they were just teasing Hisao. They wanted him to win them things.
Envy

Post by Envy »

Misha is a hologram.

Think about it.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Linear B wrote:
It might be a balance thing. To really throw a ball hard you have to get your legs, hips, torso and shoulder into it. (But can you realisticly expect a Japanese HS girl to pitch like a starter for the Hanshin Tigers? Pitch underhanad 'fast-pitch softball' style? Maybe less twisting? Don't cricket pitchers or whatever... ummm... 'bowlers' is that right.. don't they use a running start/underhand pitch style? I don't know. Many different ways to throw a simple ball but I think all of them are affected by balance.) If Misha has inner ear problems this sort of motion might cause her vertigo somehow.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Envy wrote:Misha is a hologram. Think about it.
She's an actroid being tested in the one place where uncanny valley-related issues would be least likely to be noticed.
Linear B

Post by Linear B »

Bara wrote:
Linear B wrote:
It might be a balance thing. To really throw a ball hard you have to get your legs, hips, torso and shoulder into it. (But can you realisticly expect a Japanese HS girl to pitch like a starter for the Hanshin Tigers? Pitch underhanad 'fast-pitch softball' style? Maybe less twisting? Don't cricket pitchers or whatever... ummm... 'bowlers' is that right.. don't they use a running start/underhand pitch style? I don't know. Many different ways to throw a simple ball but I think all of them are affected by balance.) If Misha has inner ear problems this sort of motion might cause her vertigo somehow.
That makes a lot more sense that her not being able to throw due to anemia, of all things. I'm really starting to like the "inner ear is screwed up" hypothesis, because it explains so many things: Misha being loud, knowing some sign language when she met Shizune, getting dizzy on the stairs, and now this. The devs will probably surprise use with something out of left field, though.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Linear B wrote: That makes a lot more sense that her not being able to throw due to anemia, of all things. I'm really starting to like the "inner ear is screwed up" hypothesis, because it explains so many things: Misha being loud, knowing some sign language when she met Shizune, getting dizzy on the stairs, and now this. The devs will probably surprise use with something out of left field, though.
I still say the devs should kill off Misha (terminal condition, falls down the stairs and dies, etc.) just for the emotional impact. That and they could bring her back as a ghost.
Is that going deep enough into left field? I'm pretty sure I climbed the fence and left the stadium. :wink:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

Bara wrote: I still say the devs should kill off Misha (terminal condition, falls down the stairs and dies, etc.) just for the emotional impact. That and they could bring her back as a ghost.
Is that going deep enough into left field? I'm pretty sure I climbed the fence and left the stadium. :wink:
Hey it could happen, ever seen the anime Sola? Starts out as an average highschool romance anime, but then after the first few episodes there are vampires and magick and golems and magick swords and super powers... also Haruhi WAS in the class room, I think that means anything can happen.
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

Nosson wrote:
Bara wrote: I still say the devs should kill off Misha (terminal condition, falls down the stairs and dies, etc.) just for the emotional impact. That and they could bring her back as a ghost.
Hey it could happen, ever seen the anime Sola? Starts out as an average highschool romance anime, but then after the first few episodes there are vampires and magick and golems and magick swords and super powers... also Haruhi WAS in the class room, I think that means anything can happen.
Hmm, if Haruhi was there, maybe Misha's disablity is being an alien, time traveler, or esper? Just kidding, but she (Haruhi) does have a tendency for attracting oddballs.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
Bara

Post by Bara »

Nosson wrote:
Ah, nope. I'd probably not even look at Sola too hard if I saw it on a shelf from how your single sentence description. Then again I've gotten suckered into buying what turned out to be a "Meh" DVD by good artwork on the case.
Ouch! My girlfriend just told me my definiton of "good artwork" is big boobs. When I asked for an "Art Appreciation Class" I was told I can sleep on the couch.... :(

kslover

Post by kslover »

aspergers dosent work because its a school for physically disabled not mentally
all of which makes me anxious, at times unbearably so
wir sind wir
REJECT FALSE ICONS!
if you're losing your soul and know it then you still have a soul to lose.
its better to light a candle than complain about the dark.