Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Rohalmen509

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by Rohalmen509 »

SHE'S JUST PARTIALLY DEAF. 8P

I bet she's just hearing challenged, but it wasn't anything to worry about so no one thinks she has a problem. And lets be honest, there's nothing majorly wrong about her. :P she's just a lesbian.
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

outbackshaq wrote:Besides, the devs probably snicker as they read this topic XD
Damn, busted. :oops:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Darlat wrote:Why would perfectly healthy people go to a special school?
For the same reason why Lilly, a rather liberal Catholic, would be sent to a Catholic all-girls school prior to attending Yamaku, most probably her parents/guardians wanted it that way. Perhaps because the institution in question provides not only the necessary personnel to deal with inconvenient matters, but also provides excellent education that may serve the students in their future career paths.

And yes, there are healthy student at Yamaku, Aura cleared that up a long time ago.
☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:To explain how Yamaku works, every student is admitted on a case-by-case basis and the guidelines are somewhat vague. There are completely healthy students, physically disabled students and mildly mentally disabled students in the school. Many students do have psychological problems of one kind or another (it's not easy to be a teenaged cripple, or find out you are one), but the board generally does not admit anyone who is really mental. This is because the students need to be able to attend class, and interact with teachers (who are not medical professionals) and other students (deafness/muteness doesn't count here). Anyway, the school is primarily geared for kids with physical disabilities that still permit a semblance of normal life (there are no quadriplegic students, for example), and that's what a clear majority of the students are.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Despite what Aura says, if Misha turns out to be perfectly healthy that that is a cop out that would disappoint after all the hype that has been produced by just one girl with pink, hair drills.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

neumanproductions wrote:Despite what Aura says, if Misha turns out to be perfectly healthy that that is a cop out that would disappoint after all the hype that has been produced by just one girl with pink, hair drills.
Wait until you hear that Misha's disability will only be revealed in the sequel: 'Katawa Shoujo 2: Electric Boogaloo'. :twisted:

But joking aside, I would not worry about that. The developers do not expose information that is integral or even essential to the scenario they are writing. If Misha were a healthy individual in all instances of Katawa Shoujo, there would be no need to hide this fact because it would likely be of insignificant importance to the plot and could therefore be officially disclosed.
So unless the developers just derive pleasure from seeing our fatuous speculation here, there is a fair chance that Misha's disability is a serious issue of certain prominence within some of the girls' routes.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
outbackshaq

Post by outbackshaq »

^ it's good to see a crafty thinker every now and again :D I enjoy your opinion good sir :)
Theres always a work around ;)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Deimos wrote:So unless the developers just derive pleasure from seeing our fatuous speculation here, there is a fair chance that Misha's disability is a serious issue of certain prominence within some of the girls' routes.
What makes you think they don't?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Deimos wrote:So unless the developers just derive pleasure from seeing our fatuous speculation here, there is a fair chance that Misha's disability is a serious issue of certain prominence within some of the girls' routes.
Silentcook wrote:
outbackshaq wrote:Besides, the devs probably snicker as they read this topic XD
Damn, busted. :oops:
*cough* Funny you should say that after SC admitted to getting a good laugh out of us all... :P

/end trolling
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Whether or not we find the speculation amusing, we had no way to anticipate beforehand that there would be any, or even anyone who cared to speculate about KS. But anyway, it certainly wasn't our intention to fuel speculation just for kicks (if it was, act 1 would've had A LOT more unanswered questions), it just seems to tickle everyone's curiosity.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
neumanproductions

Aura wrote:
Whether or not we find the speculation amusing, we had no way to anticipate beforehand that there would be any, or even anyone who cared to speculate about KS. But anyway, it certainly wasn't our intention to fuel speculation just for kicks (if it was, act 1 would've had A LOT more unanswered questions), it just seems to tickle everyone's curiosity.
So what you're saying is, Misha has no disability. Well, case closed. We can all go on with our lives now.
Yeah right. ಠ‿ಠ
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
What makes you think they don't?
Speculation is somewhat boring and not exactly inherently exciting and funny. If an unanswerable question, or one that one is unwilling to answer, continues to assail your position you normally become either antagonistic to that question itself or you will no longer care about it due to the futility of asking it. Both results are not exactly of humourous nature.
Remember the litmus test: It is humour when it is effectively comparable to somebody slipping on a banana peel. :wink:

Aura wrote:Whether or not we find the speculation amusing, we had no way to anticipate beforehand that there would be any, or even anyone who cared to speculate about KS. But anyway, it certainly wasn't our intention to fuel speculation just for kicks (if it was, act 1 would've had A LOT more unanswered questions), it just seems to tickle everyone's curiosity.
Thank you for clarifying that the question behind this thread is of somewhat legitimate merit.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

neumanproductions wrote:
Aura wrote:
So what you're saying is, Misha has no disability. Well, case closed. We can all go on with our lives now.
Yeah right. ಠ‿ಠ
What I'm saying is that we are not keeping Misha's disability a secret because we are mean or like to mindscrew people.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
neumanproductions

Aura wrote:
neumanproductions wrote:So what you're saying is, Misha has no disability. Well, case closed. We can all go on with our lives now.
Yeah right. ಠ‿ಠ
What I'm saying is that we are not keeping Misha's disability a secret because we are mean or like to mindscrew people.
Yeah, I know what you mean and I applaud you guys for it actually. Gives more mystery to the final release and that's what's really been the driving force for the attention KS is getting since the release of Act 1.
I'm just afraid to say that we, as fans not you, will have to wait till the release. Frankly, I still believe i've made some good predictions (not just here with Misha but overall) so i'm just highly anticipating whether you're going to confirm them or blow me into a state of mind where i'm thinking, "Gee, that was really cleaver. I never would have thought of that."
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

neumanproductions wrote:i'm thinking, "Gee, that was really cleaver. I never would have thought of that."
So you're saying Misha's disability is that's she's yangire? :mrgreen:
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
neumanproductions

griffon8 wrote:
neumanproductions wrote:i'm thinking, "Gee, that was really cleaver. I never would have thought of that."
So you're saying Misha's disability is that's she's yangire? :mrgreen:
I blame my mindset on that because of too much School Days and Higurashi. :lol: She could snap at any moment, particularly the falling away from Shizune aspect as Hisao moves in/Misha actually thought Hisao had a thing for her/Misha becomes jealous of Shizune's relationship...wait...i'm turning this into more a what would happen convo.
Yet, it does apply as the mental disability concept yet Yamaku is not a mental institute. Maybe no one knows she has mental problems but is attending the school as though she is a normal child like the devs say is possible.

Now that would be a way to sneak a disability into Misha, without her having been sent to the school with a defined state in the first place. :wink: