Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ElisaMasah

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by ElisaMasah »

Yet after all this speculation ... I fail to see what the hype is about Misha disability. You know has much as I love her and I do love her she can perfectly do her role in the story withouth any need to have a disability. Maybe Devs do no stat Misha disability because her role in the finished game is so incospicuos that they even think about one, just like no one need to give Iwanako a face to make her working as character.

We must start thinking that in the end Misha is not so important after all.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

ElisaMasah wrote:Yet after all this speculation ... I fail to see what the hype is about Misha disability. You know has much as I love her and I do love her she can perfectly do her role in the story withouth any need to have a disability. Maybe Devs do no stat Misha disability because her role in the finished game is so incospicuos that they even think about one, just like no one need to give Iwanako a face to make her working as character.

We must start thinking that in the end Misha is not so important after all.
First off, I think it's guaranteed that Misha has a disability. Just look at all of the detail that they give to the classroom CG characters. They have their own character designs, disabilities, and background information, and they will only ever show up once or so. Even if only for completeness's sake, the devs have an explanation as to why Misha is in Yamaku.

Secondly, Misha is a very important character. Just look on the main site under characters, she's up there with the five heroines and Hisao, not grouped with Kenji, Yuuko, and the other 'Minor Characters' of act 1. At least, as of act 1, she gets the most lines of any non path character who isn't Hisao, and this will likely still be true in the full game along Shizune's path.

The thing is, Misha isn't a very strong character. Perhaps she will be more developed in the full game, but in function she's more or less a part of Shizune, rather than her own character. She is her ears and voice. It's an important role, for sure, but think about how many of Misha's lines are actually Shizune.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

She can be Shizune walking voice sinthetizer without any need to have a disability and she can be an interesting girl without too, you know I can enjoy the whole game without any need to know Misha disability.
About her being an important character ... there are enough people here (not me just for clarity sake - I LOVE MISHA) that will glady see her die after you start dating Shizune or even if you don't ... so yeah.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Sure we don't have to find out her disability, but there's no reason that we can't either. People genuinely want to know, if not just for the reason that it was not disclosed in act 1, and it's not immediately obvious. The curiosity is understandable. And it is probable that it will be mentioned at least a few times in the full game. I mean really, she is in a school for disabled children, in all likelihood, there is something wrong with her.

And I don't see any reason why she would die. Especially if it's not at the end of the path. To do so would be writing her out, and that would feel a bit cheap since she had such an important role before. Besides, she has a job to do. Hisao may learn a little sign language during the game, but nowhere near the level needed to communicate without Misha there to translate. It's like learning a second language. How many years of learning and practice do you need to become fluent? Not to mention that Misha and Shizune are best friends. No matter how numerous the Misha haters are, she is here to stay.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
outbackshaq

Post by outbackshaq »

Not to mention if Misha died, I don't see anyone getting over it fast enough to have an H ending at the end of the game. I know if my girlfriend's best friend died, then I wouldn't want to have sex with her (i mean for the first time, we haven't done that yet). Because it would be kinda like a rebound. Like the only reason theres sex is because Shizune feels horrible about Misha dieing, and she needs comfort. Hisao would feel like a bad person, and if he didn't then I would think him one >:C
Theres always a work around ;)
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

outbackshaq wrote:Not to mention if Misha died, I don't see anyone getting over it fast enough to have an H ending at the end of the game. I know if my girlfriend's best friend died, then I wouldn't want to have sex with her (i mean for the first time, we haven't done that yet). Because it would be kinda like a rebound. Like the only reason theres sex is because Shizune feels horrible about Misha dieing, and she needs comfort. Hisao would feel like a bad person, and if he didn't then I would think him one >:C
Also, Misha's death would make her too important a character than she deserves, really. Every path would have to deal with that.
Kwopper

Post by Kwopper »

I think there is a far greater likelihood of Misha simply transferring schools, rather than keeling over. Perhaps her disability is one that gets better (or worse, for that matter) over time, and because of this, she must move to a school that better suits her needs.

This would leave Shizune alone, (but not as devastated as she would be if Misha died) giving Hisao an opportunity to begin a relationship with her.
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

G3n0c1de wrote:Also, Misha's death would make her too important a character than she deserves, really. Every path would have to deal with that.
It's not like she has to die in every path.

Where does this "Misha will die" thing come from anyway? There was nothing in the game that hinted at her impending death, was there?
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Kwopper

Post by Kwopper »

Panty Supervisor wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote:Also, Misha's death would make her too important a character than she deserves, really. Every path would have to deal with that.

Where does this "Misha will die" thing come from anyway? There was nothing in the game that hinted at her impending death, was there?
I think it's more along the lines of, "How could Hisao possibly get Shizune alone?"
Of course; the ONLY possible answer is to kill Misha off. :roll:
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Kwopper wrote:
Panty Supervisor wrote:
I think it's more along the lines of, "How could Hisao possibly get Shizune alone?"
Of course; the ONLY possible answer is to kill Misha off. :roll:
If i'm correct, the whole thing spawned off from this topic of Misha's disability, the first thought of course being either cancer followed my mental disability. When the devs spoke of Yamaku not being a school for the mentally disabled it switched to cancer and then the could she die to make drama in the path.
At least that's my thought on how it got started. Let's just say its a thought that's here to stay until release. Then we'll know the truth.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Panty Supervisor wrote:It's not like she has to die in every path.
Perhaps, but it would ensure consistency. I believe the devs have stated somewhere that big events not in Hisao's control should happen across all paths, and the player would see each girl's reaction to these.

And yeah, I don't see the point of Misha dying myself. I think it has something to do with the Misha hatedom that was around a while back. The haters said that the "Wahaha~!" annoyed them, though I think it has more to do with her being associated with hate for Shizune, though there are exceptions (neuman).
Yukimi

Post by Yukimi »

I don't really think there's any need for the character to die or get away to get itme alone wiht Shizune either. But about if it would have to be in all paths or none, it could be simply a change of schools for an oportunity ofr misha that Hisao sugested him taking since he spend a lot of time with them (onlt ocurring in that path). Also at least in the first act there're already inconsistencies about for example the money Hisao has and nobody has jumped the gun about it... indeed Misha is more importnat than that... but just saying.
Shizune=Akira > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin (but all of them have a place in my heart and some other more interesting locations XP).
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

I'm sorry, I was only able to get up to page 8 in reading the thread before getting impatient and deciding to post.

First thing's first: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color#Amber Amber colored eyes are NOT unnatural. Misha's eyes may be unusual, but I sincerely doubt that they have anything to do with her condition. Also, her hair color may indeed be unnatural, but so are those of Shizune, Hideaki, Hanako, that one blue-haired (cameo?) girl in the first CG... again, I doubt that her hair being pink has anything to do with anything outside of the game's anime influence.

Second: The Dev team said the school is for physical disabilities, though I wouldn't discount the idea of a mental problem existing within Misha as a symptom of an underlying condition.

Third: The Devs have said that it's nothing that isn't obvious from the Act 1 release, so people are obviously thinkng WAY too hard about it.

Those few things out of the way I think I've got a simple and elegant solution that works for everything: she recieved a closed-head injury when she was younger. This could cause both some sort of minor mental condition due to brain damage, and similarly cause an inner ear issue (as well as tinnitus, which I believe she suffers from) thus explaining coordination issues, dizziness, and her lack of comprehension regarding her extremely loud volume. I mean, I'd assume people with a constant ringing in their ears would subconsciously react similarly to someone talking over music they're listening to on headphones, right? Having suffered that sort of injury would also likely relate to any personality quirks that make people think she has a mental condition, and it would also potentially explain why she's at Yamaku. With some types of brain damage, it's best to be under the occasional watchful eye of nursing staff, and even if a real-world scenario wouldn't require constant supervision, neither would Emi seeing as she's adjusted perfectly to her prosthetics.

There's my theory anyway. I find it best to avoid overthinking such things. That's also why I avoided trying to narrow it down to a specific injury and resulting conditions, I mean, there are too many possibilities for me to guess exactly what the Dev team picked without further info, but it really doesn't matter for now, and I'm sure we'll get the specifics when they're appropriate to the story, again, like the specific cause of Shizune's deafness or Emi's accident, etc.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Totz the Plaid wrote:I'm sorry, I was only able to get up to page 8 in reading the thread before getting impatient and deciding to post.
Okay, I see what your getting at with your theory. It is actually very sound to think about it without thinking to hard so you are probably the wisest of us all.
However, my advanced theory involving angelman's-like syndrome takes into account her eye color (which fits with the disease), hearing issues, coordination, light headedness on stairs, along with her ability to so fluently know sign language because what the disease is. (being genetic with her father having to fully express deafness or mother fully or mild in order for the child to have the mild-version)

Of course I'll be the overthinker on this, and more than likely simple head trauma will be the case. You're definitely right that we'll just have to wait and see Totz, for it ultimitely is Devs like Suriko, cpl_crud, Aura, Delta and the rest which get the meaningful say in the matter.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

neuman: Having just looked it up on wikipedia and then on wrongdiagnosis.com, Angelman-Like Syndrome is definitely a possibility as well. I wouldn't discount it just because what I thought up is simpler. There are a few potential issues with Angelman-Like, such as the high likelihood of physical deformity around her face and such, but those aren't present in 100% of all cases so, like I said, you've got what seems to me to be an equally strong theory. I guess we'll just see which (if either) of us has it right!
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who