Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Naevius

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by Naevius »

I'm sure her disability has something to do with the fact that she has trouble dialing a phone, going up stairs, and aiming well when throwing. I've no idea what sort of disability would cause that, though. Damn it, man, I'm a writer, not a doctor!

I highly doubt it would be cancer, though. Cancer's a disease, not a disability, right?
zom

Post by zom »

Naevius wrote:I'm sure her disability has something to do with the fact that she has trouble dialing a phone, going up stairs, and aiming well when throwing. I've no idea what sort of disability would cause that, though. Damn it, man, I'm a writer, not a doctor!

I highly doubt it would be cancer, though. Cancer's a disease, not a disability, right?
i never really thought it was cancer, but it could be a disability on the same level as burns.
but i do think muscular dystrophy would explain all those
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Naevius wrote:I'm sure her disability has something to do with the fact that she has trouble dialing a phone, going up stairs, and aiming well when throwing. I've no idea what sort of disability would cause that, though. Damn it, man, I'm a writer, not a doctor!

Couldn't all of those be explained by Vestibular system problems?

Getting dizzy by climbing stairs, and having hand to eye cordination (phone dialing and throwing) are all related to spatial orientation, which is controlled by the Vestibular system in the inner ear (related to her inabilty to control her volume, maybe?).

Of course, I'm no doctor and just got this information through a 5 minute search, but it sounds plausible. Also, wouldn't be surprized if it has been mentioned before. If so, sorry.
Nyo ho ho~
Kwopper

Post by Kwopper »

Napalm wrote:

Couldn't all of those be explained by Vestibular system problems?

Getting dizzy by climbing stairs, and having hand to eye cordination (phone dialing and throwing) are all related to spatial orientation, which is controlled by the Vestibular system in the inner ear (related to her inabilty to control her volume, maybe?).

Of course, I'm no doctor and just got this information through a 5 minute search, but it sounds plausible. Also, wouldn't be surprized if it has been mentioned before. If so, sorry.
That's got to be the most plausible guess I've heard so far. :)
Naevius

Post by Naevius »

Kwopper wrote:That's got to be the most plausible guess I've heard so far. :)

Agreed.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Naevius wrote:
Kwopper wrote:That's got to be the most plausible guess I've heard so far. :)

Agreed.
That idea actually makes more sense then my theory if i ignore Misha's other factors like eye color, left-handedness, and her having known sign.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
AapoAlas

Post by AapoAlas »

A vestibular system problem can actually explain her knowing sign.
According to Wikipedia (all hail the New Gods) some infections / whatnots in the vestibular system can cause hearing loss. If she had an infection there and ended up learning sign because she though that she will never hear again?
Nothing to be seen here. Do check out my little dabbling in the art of words, though.
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

AapoAlas wrote:A vestibular system problem can actually explain her knowing sign.
According to Wikipedia (all hail the New Gods) some infections / whatnots in the vestibular system can cause hearing loss. If she had an infection there and ended up learning sign because she though that she will never hear again?
It all fits together!
Nyo ho ho~
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

So, are we finally about to know her true disability? /suspence
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

Yuurei wrote:So, are we finally about to know her true disability? /suspence
I stuck up with the broken nail so far sound more resonable.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

I still have a great fear it will never be revealed.
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
f4bulous

Post by f4bulous »

Almost certainly a learning disability like ADHD or a form of dyslexia- you can see distinct hints of it in the demo.
Naevius

Post by Naevius »

f4bulous wrote:Almost certainly a learning disability like ADHD or a form of dyslexia- you can see distinct hints of it in the demo.

A learning disability gives her trouble with stairs and aiming? For this hypothesis to be even remotely correct, she'd have to have something plus the learning disability. I'd sooner believe that she has some sort of vestibular problem as explained above. Her trouble with some words could perhaps simply be not knowing the sign language form for it or something.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

I've always thought that the longer words Misha has trouble with are just uncommon words with no simple sign, and Misha is following Shizune's fingerspelling/fingerwriting.
Arias

Post by Arias »

f4bulous wrote:Almost certainly a learning disability like ADHD or a form of dyslexia- you can see distinct hints of it in the demo.
I could be remembering wrong but

Hasn't it been said by the devs that the school is for the physically disabled and not mentally?

My guess is either that she doesn't have a disability, because devs have also said that non-disabled students can attend Yamaku, or the vestibular system problem said earlier.
Yandere is God-tier