Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

PureLionHeart

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by PureLionHeart »

Two sets of lungs via birth defect.
It allows for her hearty WAHAHAs.
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
Rocket Science

Post by Rocket Science »

So that explains the drills!
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

neumanproductions wrote:
Yuurei wrote:Maybe, like I wrote days ago, they were both sended at Yamaku when they were children and they are childhood friends.
This has already been proven false as Misha, when Shizune goes to get drinks, tells Hisao that she was just placed by Shizune and they became best friends. This all happens during the (Shanghaied scene)
Shanghaied scene in library wrote:Hisao: I've always been curious as to how these two met. "Do ypu two go far back or something? Childhood friends? Next-door neighbors?"
Misha: "Haha...Sorry, Hicchan, it's not anything like that, even if it would be cuter that way. When I can to this school, they just placed me next to Shicchan, and she looked like a very serious person."
Hisao says later that he wants to know more about where Misha learned sign language so I have no doubt we will get to see that down the Shizune route and maybe a few of the others.
God this is one of those scenes that makes me want Misha so much.
I totally forgot. Meniere was really a false alarm then.
Mirri

Post by Mirri »

I would love to see her being deaf herself (not from birth tho since she is able to talk) and her being just a really good lip-reader.
Esquire

Post by Esquire »

Mirri wrote:I would love to see her being deaf herself (not from birth tho since she is able to talk) and her being just a really good lip-reader.
Well, one problem with that theory is Misha plays "Guess Who?" with Hisao and she responds to him from behind when he speaks.

Maybe she was deaf though, and got a Cochlear Implant afterwards? Then decided that since she was almost through school at Yamaku anyways that she should finish there since its the school she knows and loves? It would explain part of her volume control problems and lack of hearing sometimes.
Mirri

Post by Mirri »

Esquire wrote:
Mirri wrote:I would love to see her being deaf herself (not from birth tho since she is able to talk) and her being just a really good lip-reader.
Well, one problem with that theory is Misha plays "Guess Who?" with Hisao and she responds to him from behind when he speaks.

Maybe she was deaf though, and got a Cochlear Implant afterwards? Then decided that since she was almost through school at Yamaku anyways that she should finish there since its the school she knows and loves? It would explain part of her volume control problems and lack of hearing sometimes.
She is just really good at guessing!!!! Or mistakes in the script or so. I have to be right. j/K
Would add a nice twist to all the scenes with her not understanding any subtext.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Oooooh! I know!

She's blind to subtleties!

>_>
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

I'm probably going to go with "partially deaf" and/or "cochlear implant". Or one of those hearing aid things. It would explain her large hair drills. They're to hide the hearing aids.
Rocket Science

Post by Rocket Science »

Maybe she doesn't have outer ears.
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

Her hairstyle is the worst enemy, we can't see anything from it. Sure she loves to hide the lateral side under pink drills and waves, and this matters a lot to me. :/
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

The hearing-aids being hid by her hair easily fits with my prediction, so I will fledge my full support of it.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

I know! Misha's deaf too. She ain't mute. and she's a master lip reader....

Yea... no.
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

I just realized something. I was reading the TvTropes page for "Narutaru" (aka "Shadow Star" in the US) for whatever reason, and the main character's name is...Shiina. Oh crap. You might be asking "Well, what's so bad about that? Characters have the same names all the time." What's so bad about it is...the series, Narutaru? It starts out really cutesy and fun, right? Summer vacation at her grandparent's house, finding a star-shaped dragon creature, etc. Oh, but it gets so much worse. Rape, gory torture and murder, extremely abusive parents, it's got it all.

But I digress. Back to the name. Okay, I think I know why Misha prefers being called "Misha". See, if you write "Shiina" in kanji, it means "empty husk" or "seed that will never sprout". Yikes. Not exactly a pleasant name, is it?

If you think this needs a thread of its own to discuss this, by all means start one. I was unsure whether or not to start one so I just put it here for now.
cemex

Post by cemex »

Sgt_Frog wrote:I just realized something. I was reading the TvTropes page for "Narutaru" (aka "Shadow Star" in the US) for whatever reason, and the main character's name is...Shiina. Oh crap. You might be asking "Well, what's so bad about that? Characters have the same names all the time." What's so bad about it is...the series, Narutaru? It starts out really cutesy and fun, right? Summer vacation at her grandparent's house, finding a star-shaped dragon creature, etc. Oh, but it gets so much worse. Rape, gory torture and murder, extremely abusive parents, it's got it all.

But I digress. Back to the name. Okay, I think I know why Misha prefers being called "Misha". See, if you write "Shiina" in kanji, it means "empty husk" or "seed that will never sprout". Yikes. Not exactly a pleasant name, is it?

If you think this needs a thread of its own to discuss this, by all means start one. I was unsure whether or not to start one so I just put it here for now.
Hey, speaking of kanji, if you write Mikado in kanji, what does that mean?

Get chance and luck
AapoAlas

Post by AapoAlas »

A quick search reveals a pretty obvious choice, which could, of course, be wrong: 帝 - read "mikado", means the emperor of Japan. Also refers to the gates of an Imperial residence.
Nothing to be seen here. Do check out my little dabbling in the art of words, though.