Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ContinualNaba

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by ContinualNaba »

No, just a normal one.

Here's a thought: All of the main characters (Save Hisao and Kenji) had same-sex rich mothers who performed essential procreational cloning and sent their children to an academy to train them in the art of Gendercide.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Bara

Post by Bara »

ContinualNaba wrote:No, just a normal one.

Here's a thought: All of the main characters (Save Hisao and Kenji) had same-sex rich mothers who performed essential procreational cloning and sent their children to an academy to train them in the art of Gendercide.
So you think Misha's DNA got shaken up a bit in the test tube? That might be her disability. :roll:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

... I think this is getting to become a little out of control... o_o'
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Leotrak wrote:... I think this is getting to become a little out of control... o_o'
This thread's been at facepalm status for months now, but somehow I can't look away. It's like the Angel Beats of the KS forum.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

Maybe it's just that Misha's parents are deaf and sent her to Yamaku because that's where they went and/or they want her to have strong ties with the deaf community? It would explain her knowing sign language and having volume control issues (growing up with the deaf, she was never told to be quiet) and limited spoken vocabulary.

The rest could just be her being rambunctious or a little hyper-focused and post-pubescent clumsiness.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Or they could never say a word about why Misha attends the school and just let everyone hang in the wind... :twisted:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

Bara wrote:Or they could never say a word about why Misha attends the school and just let everyone hang in the wind... :twisted:
Depends on how badly they want us to shut up about it and whether the information is at all relevant to any of the other girls' stories. Besides, if she doesn't have one there'd be no reason for any attention to be drawn to that fact, so I don't expect an answer from the developers either way (in-game or out). :P
Bara

Post by Bara »

True, if it doesn't contribute to a path, whether Misha has a disability or not is only a distraction from the story line. The only way we will know if this is the case is to wait to see the finished product.

Soooo... in the meantime, why do you think Misha attends the school? :roll:

Bara

Post by Bara »

In the interests of accuracy maybe we should get the thread title changed to "Rampant Misha Speculation and General Foolishness" :wink:

Burial_By_Fire

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

The big hints I've seen are that she gets vertigo on the stairs, and that she does sign-language to herself even when she doesn't need to talk to Shiichan.

This suggests something in the brain. Perhaps she suffered a stroke at some point, and has thin or weak blood vessels in the brain. Whatever this is it probably also triggered OCD, which I could totally picture a student council member having.

I have a new second nomination:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menieres_disease

Her vertigo could be explained by this, as well as why she knows sign language. She has to prepare for progressive hearing loss.
DovK

Post by DovK »

Burial_By_Fire wrote:The big hints I've seen are that she gets vertigo on the stairs, and that she does sign-language to herself even when she doesn't need to talk to Shiichan.
This suggests something in the brain. Perhaps she suffered a stroke at some point, and has thin or weak blood vessels in the brain. Whatever this is it probably also triggered OCD, which I could totally picture a student council member having.
I have a new second nomination:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menieres_disease
Her vertigo could be explained by this, as well as why she knows sign language. She has to prepare for progressive hearing loss.
For a second I thought part of the article said "the affected people can range intensity from being a mild annoyance to a chronic, lifelong disability". For that second, I thought "my god, it's so obvious now".

It's a good theory, jokes aside.
Wrds

Post by Wrds »

Bara wrote:True, if it doesn't contribute to a path, whether Misha has a disability or not is only a distraction from the story line. The only way we will know if this is the case is to wait to see the finished product.

Soooo... in the meantime, why do you think Misha attends the school? :roll:
Doesn't Rin come out and say she "collects" people's disabilities or something? I could see it coming up pretty easily in her route.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

That or Misha's disability becomes the VN equivalent of a filler episode. It probably does have something that will affect Shizune.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

cemex

Post by cemex »

She has terminal dandruff.

That would explain a lot.

Get chance and luck
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

So she was the one hiding in the tree that Iwanako was confessing under?