Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

G3n0c1de

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by G3n0c1de »

PinkMagus wrote:But can't someone have a Physical disorder AND a mental one?
Well, it kind of depends on the disorder. I don't think Yamaku is equipped to handle mental disorders that require the patient to be isolated or restrained, or constantly monitered. Anything with violence is probably out too. Things that allow the individual to function well enough on their own are probably allowed. Of course, these people would need a physical disability as well. Though Hanako's problems aren't really physical. She has suffered extensive physical damage, yes, but she is more or less physically fine. Her problems are mental: her complex over her scars, and the event that caused them is what keeps her from participating as a full member of society.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
yovidal4

Post by yovidal4 »

well since yamaku dont deal w ith mental problems and only work with phisical ones i have some ideas

1. agree with progressive deafnes

2. she already have CIPA (Congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis) and once because she dont have care of herself and damage the jaw or the mouth the only way to comunicate since the recovery was by sign. This kind of anomaly i guess can be considerate a disability, and she have to be in surveilance.

3. she have Osteogenesis imperfecta type I

Collagen is of normal quality but is produced in insufficient quantities:

Bones fracture easily
Slight spinal curvature
Loose joints
Poor muscle tone
Discoloration of the sclera (whites of the eyes),
Early loss of hearing in some children
Slight protrusion of the eyes

and she have to prepare herself in any case.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

yovidal4 wrote: CIPA
In my native language (Polish) this means "pussy". I think Misha has that, yes.
yovidal4

Post by yovidal4 »

i already made a little research before post
Bara

Post by Bara »

PinkMagus wrote:
Bara wrote:
Linear B wrote: That makes a lot more sense that her not being able to throw due to anemia, of all things. I'm really starting to like the "inner ear is screwed up" hypothesis, because it explains so many things: Misha being loud, knowing some sign language when she met Shizune, getting dizzy on the stairs, and now this. The devs will probably surprise use with something out of left field, though.
I still say the devs should kill off Misha (terminal condition, falls down the stairs and dies, etc.) just for the emotional impact. That and they could bring her back as a ghost.
Is that going deep enough into left field? I'm pretty sure I climbed the fence and left the stadium. :wink:
I never knew undeath was a physical condition, I thought it was spiritual.
Tell that to your average vampire, zombie or ghoul. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Rednal wrote:Except that Misha is waaaaaaay to sociable to have AS. Trust me on this one; I know what it's like. XD I stand by my COLD theory.
40 PAGES LATER.

Have AS. Very Outgoing, extroverted character. Didn't start that way, turned out that way anyway. AS is a good chance, although I stick by Hemophilia.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Kazuki

Post by Kazuki »

Speed addiction.
"The only law you need is a gun and a good aim."
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Kazuki wrote:Speed addiction.
Wait, addictions are disabilities now?
If so, the government owes me a lot of money... :|
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Industrial chemical accident might be a nice shot, although a school with blind students probably doesn't crack much in the way of Daredevil jokes to begin with.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

I have also posted this theory in TvTropes once, I think

Post by I have also posted this theory in TvTropes once, I think »

Diabetes seems to fit at least a part of the pattern. While it is not usually a condition that requires people to go to special schools, we don't really know about Misha's background. Maybe she is got the "rich and overprotective" type of parents. Besides, keeping a proper diet and remembering to take your insulin requires stuff like discipline, and responsibility, and a tiny measure of good memory, and we all know that Misha isn't exactly a paragon of those traits.
As for why it seems like a good case for her, well, first, it's invisible. Even a pump can be easily hidden under clothing. Second, it is a condition that has at least a tendency to come with being overweight(I don't really know if it's because it causes people to become so or if people who are overweight are more likely to get the condition). Now, Misha isn't exactly a whale but you could say that relatively to the other girls, she is kind of fatter.
Third, high blood sugar could explain her genki tendencies. Not any real basis in science, but at least a nice joke.
What it does not explain is her knowing sign language and her tendency to speak really loudly all the time. You could say that those traits are unrelated, but this is kind of cheap, isn't it?
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Roxius wrote:Could being a hermaphrodite be a disability?
Now I can't get the thought out of my head that Misha might have a penis. I don't like where this is going. :?
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Diabetes just seems a bit too... ordinary. Although a school that serves a large deal of fructose-full diets would at least assist the day-to-day keeping of our favorite sugar-high squirrel with a death wish.

TemporaryFile7

Post by TemporaryFile7 »

Misha couldn't have heart arrhythmia, could she? :?
yovidal4

Post by yovidal4 »

i dont think so acording with the cliches i know both have to be presented to becomes friends because have the same or similar condition in personal i prefer the option of osteogenesis imperfecta have more sense to me because give a explanation for her behavior, she cant make biggest efforts, she have the risk to be deaf, she have to be under surveilance in my oppinion it fits
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

If she had arrythmia problems, she would die from all the WAHAHAHAs.
She could be getting deaf from her own laughter as well :P