Questions & Answers

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

sydwert

Re: Questions & Answers

Post by sydwert »

i only heard about life of pi during my deputy headmaster's talk for getting us to read more books
but i'm sure any novel will do, visual or otherwise XD
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Another good book that may be tangentially relevant to KS is Black Swan Green (NYT book review, since Wikipedia is uninformative). A nice coming of age story that's been called by someone as a British "Catcher in the Rye" (Haven't read Catcher myself, so I can't back up the comparison). The main character has a stammer that he tries to work through among other things in his adolescent life. Might be a good book to name drop or have Hisao read. Just a suggestion to look into.
静音是买外夫
Bara

Post by Bara »

Hmmm, this does make me wonder what are the equivalent books in a japanese high school of the ubiquitous "The Red Badge of Courage", "Of Mice and Men", "Catcher in the Rye" and "The Scarlet Letter" in american high schools reading lists? What would a common japanese student be expected to have read (at least the CliffNotes version) by their seinior year of school?

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Tommy Atkins

Post by Tommy Atkins »

SABAN wrote:I'd hate to see a Viz Media version of KS, Hisao's name would be something like, Henry or Heston.
That would be awesome.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Is the final release going to have a tutorial?
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

Tommy Atkins wrote:
SABAN wrote:I'd hate to see a Viz Media version of KS, Hisao's name would be something like, Henry or Heston.
That would be awesome.
Heston as Moses in The Ten Commandments[4].jpg
Heston as Moses in The Ten Commandments[4].jpg (69.86 KiB) Viewed 3978 times
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

How many total downloads of the demo have there been so far?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Rough guess: 25 000-35 000
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Aura wrote:Rough guess: 25 000-35 000
The iPhone App Store has 5-star apps with fewer downloads.

Mmmm, KS for iPhone...
homerdrooling.jpeg
SatansBestBuddy

Post by SatansBestBuddy »

Okay, some more questions!

How many hours, total, have you sunk into Act 1? And how many would you say we actually saw? (ie all the stuff that you worked on yet got cut doesn't count)

Have you got maps for the school and town, or just the general idea of "that's there, that's there..."?

Which games did you guys research, if any, to make sure you've got an idea of how to write for a VN?

Finally, why didn't you make a Q&A topic yourselves when you released Act 1? (given that there's one at Fakku, you knew there'd be questions, so why you don't have a topic here puzzles me)
Rule #1 of the Internet: It does not matter what you like, your reasons for liking it, and how much you like it, somebody out there hates you for liking it.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

1. more than anyone cares to count.

2. yes, there are maps of pretty much everything.

3. None.

4. because we don't want to feel obligated to answer every (potentially retarded) question someone has.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents