Rin.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Blue123

Re: Rin.

Post by Blue123 »

Vertical wrote:
That reminds me. Which artist did that mural? It's above and beyond in terms of artistic achievement. My guess: Doomfest.
laughingelfman.jpg
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

Blue123 wrote:
Vertical wrote:
That reminds me. Which artist did that mural? It's above and beyond in terms of artistic achievement. My guess: Doomfest.
laughingelfman.jpg
Uh-oh :(
Imagine me and you...
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

cpl_crud wrote:Considering that the current first draft is comparable to Lord of the Rings in terms of total wordcount, I don't think you should be all that worried about character development.

We don't even have to describe any epic battles or volcanos.
Mmm, I see. Thanks for the answer.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

EvilDragon wrote:
rinlol.jpg
Facefoot?

Facefootpalm?

Footface?

ROFL XD
Facesole.
Bluest Big Bang

Post by Bluest Big Bang »

Fidelas wrote:
Bluest Big Bang wrote:Hisao would be ejaculating paint.
Nobody on this board could see how fast my palm met my face.
I do not understand.
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

cpl_crud wrote:the current first draft is comparable to Lord of the Rings in terms of total wordcount
Nasty feministses
SnowSong

Post by SnowSong »

Vaelastrasz wrote: She's River Tam minus the mind reading and a couple of arms.
It is good to hear that Serenity and Firefly is not dead, I see. Back on topic though, Rin's painting of mutated figures in a school for disabled children, who might be lacking a limb or two... It is very hard to ignore the connection... really hard, so I have to ask, is there any thing intended or am I just paranoid?
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

SnowSong wrote:
Vaelastrasz wrote: She's River Tam minus the mind reading and a couple of arms.
It is good to hear that Serenity and Firefly is not dead, I see. Back on topic though, Rin's painting of mutated figures in a school for disabled children, who might be lacking a limb or two... It is very hard to ignore the connection... really hard, so I have to ask, is there any thing intended or am I just paranoid?
Well, Rin tells Hisao that she wanted people to look at the mural and not think, and thus attempted not to think while creating it. Perhaps she inadvertently ended up painting something she doesn't want to think about, or thinks about often, instead. Hence her dissatisfaction with the result. She does, "collect people with different problems," after all.

Two by two, hands of blue. :wink:
atat

Post by atat »

cpl_crud wrote:Considering that the current first draft is comparable to Lord of the Rings in terms of total wordcount, I don't think you should be all that worried about character development.

We don't even have to describe any epic battles or volcanos.
To be honest, I was never big on the whole Lord of the Rings styling, *ducks incoming fire*, Rin's style is much more intresting than reading a bunch of sucky poetry that elves and hobbits made up.
Nixons back!!!!
...I?

Post by ...I? »

Rin:It's okay...if its you ♥
Hisao: ...What is this, some eroge?
Rin: Heh, thought I'd try the line out at least once to see how it felt.
Its so Beautiful T^T
And, Funny :D

!
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

I'll just leave this here...

Also, I read this interesting post on /a/ that I do actually agree with:
Anon wrote:On a serious note, I found Rin's aversion to being famous or recognised for her art really cheesy and boring. I mean, she's painting an eye-melting mural in a public place that's a large feature of a festival, but.. NO ONE UNDERSTANDS, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE ART, MAAAN!

What I really hope is that it's all because she's had to get used to not caring what other people think about her in order to cope with her disability. That mentality has bled into every aspect of her life and so she can't/won't desire fame because that would entail caring what people think.

Hopefully as it goes on, as she accepts herself without the need for denial, she'll realise that she DOES want others to see her work and she'll become a respected artist that many people will have heard of. I mean, we've all heard of Leonardo and Van Gogh and artfags will have heard of Turner (for example) and it's not as if they were all corporate sell out swine that only did it for the money.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
Khaos

Post by Khaos »

Teclo wrote:I'll just leave this here...
/me gives Teclo his coat...
...so that's why I'm trying to figure out if there is something I need to figure out and then figure that out before it's too late and all hope is lost.
~~~~~
Isn't a realist just the word for what the cynic calls himself?
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

Teclo wrote:Also, I read this interesting post on /a/ that I do actually agree with:
Anon wrote:On a serious note, I found Rin's aversion to being famous or recognised for her art really cheesy and boring. I mean, she's painting an eye-melting mural in a public place that's a large feature of a festival, but.. NO ONE UNDERSTANDS, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE ART, MAAAN!

What I really hope is that it's all because she's had to get used to not caring what other people think about her in order to cope with her disability. That mentality has bled into every aspect of her life and so she can't/won't desire fame because that would entail caring what people think.

Hopefully as it goes on, as she accepts herself without the need for denial, she'll realise that she DOES want others to see her work and she'll become a respected artist that many people will have heard of. I mean, we've all heard of Leonardo and Van Gogh and artfags will have heard of Turner (for example) and it's not as if they were all corporate sell out swine that only did it for the money.
Why's it so unbelievable that she paints for herself and doesn't care about audience?

I would think she did the mural because it counts as working for the festival, which is clearly encouraged by the school. I mean, she'd rather paint for the festival rather than do anything else, right? The attention is just an unpleasent side-effect.
Khaos

Post by Khaos »

...so that's why I'm trying to figure out if there is something I need to figure out and then figure that out before it's too late and all hope is lost.
~~~~~
Isn't a realist just the word for what the cynic calls himself?
Onearmdude

Post by Onearmdude »

http://www.explosm.net/comics/40/

It's almost too easy...