A Word on Licences...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bluest Big Bang

Re: A Word on Licences...

Post by Bluest Big Bang »

I doubt you're much of a nazi, crud, but it's "license".

And anyway, thanks for helping me do a double-take on this thing. I didn't feel like reading deviantArt's T's&C's-length description every time I stared it down.
mallory

Post by mallory »

License is PIG AMERICAN spelling.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

mallory wrote:
License is PIG AMERICAN spelling.

That is right.

Yes, I do usually type quickly, but I come from a country where the native tounge is "English" and not "Bastardised Language".

Also "jail" is spelt "gaol". I wish you'd get that right.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

cpl_crud wrote:tounge
If I see that typo one more time...

Anyway, yeah, they seem to be the US English and British English (or English English, to be fair) versions. But it's not like "armour" and "armor", with one being only used in America and the other being only used in Britain. It seems either one is widely in use in Britain, like with "mum" and "mom", the latter of which is the American spelling but is used just as often as the British one and isn't even though of as being particularly American any more.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
Lattyware

Post by Lattyware »

Teclo wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:tounge
If I see that typo one more time...

Anyway, yeah, they seem to be the US English and British English (or English English, to be fair) versions. But it's not like "armour" and "armor", with one being only used in America and the other being only used in Britain. It seems either one is widely in use in Britain, like with "mum" and "mom", the latter of which is the American spelling but is used just as often as the British one and isn't even though of as being particularly American any more.
Mom really isn't used in here at all, except for items such as mothers day cards that get imported from the US. I don't know anyone here who would spell mum mom.
This goes for living both down south and up north. Where are you at?
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

Lattyware wrote:Mom really isn't used in here at all, except for items such as mothers day cards that get imported from the US. I don't know anyone here who would spell mum mom.
This goes for living both down south and up north. Where are you at?
The Midlands. The only people I hear saying "mum" are certain people with really strong regional accents, like Scousers or Mancurians... Also Londoners. To me it always sounds like something you hear in an Enid Blyton book or something, like "Rupert, we must hurry back at once! Mummy has made us some scrumptious stew for din-dins!" OK, I'm taking the piss, but you get the idea. It's funny this has been brought up, though, because the other day I said "mom" in a sentence when talking to a girl who's originally from London and she said "Don't use that annoying Americanism!" and everyone else was just "... what?" Well anyway, long live regional differences in the UK.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Sup guise, how about a nice warm cup of thread locked.