The girls and why you like/dislike them

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Khaos

Re: The girls and why you like/dislike them

Post by Khaos »

So, let's see...

Shizune:
At first I didn't like her pushy behaviour, but later she really grew on me. Her impish smile made her really soft and cute and it felt awesome taking her challenges. I loved that last scene where she stands in front of Hisao with her arms outstreched and you just knew, what she was traing to say: "Look at it, wasn't this worth all the work and effort? Look at what we accomplished!" That scene was so rewarding.

Hanako:
I was really interested in her from the beginning. Her shyness feels a bit overdrawn in the beginning, but not really, she quite quickly gains some trust. She seems to have a very playful side and really enjoys it, if she's not frightened to show it. She seems fragile and weak, so that you really want to protect and take care of her, and she's probably the most gentle of all the girls and when she starts trusting and going out of herself more, she'll be pure love.

Lilly:
You may be wondering, why I said, that Hanako was the most gentle and not Lilly. It's because Lilly has some sort of "dark side", she hides bad feelings under her facade and that's a point I don't like about her so far, it makes her seem flat, since she mostly doesn't show it (apart from the fight with Shizune). I guess, Lilly is hard to get through, since she plays the always friendly nice girl while hiding her insecurities, Hanako doesn't really hide her insecurities. Lilly is probably someone who always needed to be strong, it seems like she was to one to care about Akira more than the other way round, so her coming out with what SHE wants and what SHE feels will be really interesting.

Emi:
I have to say, though she's really cute, I don't like her very much. She's the type that manipulates you with her behaviour without doing it on purpose, which makes it very hard to cope with. It feels like she's the boss and that's it, you have a big-eyed cute puppy you can't say no to, because it will look at you with big puppy eyes making you more or less a slave. On the other hand she's caring and probably playful and a real miss sunshine. But I just don't like the Imouto-type.

Rin:
Now she's the most interesting and it will be difficult to put it into words, what I want to say (I'm not a native speaker).
Her most obvious point is: She doesn't care about vain things! She doesn't care about conventions, how others see her or what she's doing, about the world in general. She's in her own world and that's a world you want to learn about. She doesn't care about unnecessary social behaviour, she's totally straightforward, it's like she knows what's truely important, so of all the girls she's probably the most sagacious. She has a deep and imaginative mind, thinking about things most people don't think about, she's creative just for the sake of being creative, she's like a child that loves playing with its thoughts more than with other people...and she has a wonderful dry humor and girls with that kind of humor are rare and awesome. Her way of showing that she likes you is cute, she doesn't make a fuss about it, she just trusts you and in the end she sleeps in your arm and it's totally natural, because she doesn't make a big deal about it. It is how it is and that's okay and she just lets it happen. There's no unnecessary drama involved with her (so far)...
I 'm out of words and still don't have the feeling I really could say what I wanted to say...
...so that's why I'm trying to figure out if there is something I need to figure out and then figure that out before it's too late and all hope is lost.
~~~~~
Isn't a realist just the word for what the cynic calls himself?
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Khaos wrote:I loved that last scene where she stands in front of Hisao with her arms outstreched and you just knew, what she was traing to say: "Look at it, wasn't this worth all the work and effort? Look at what we accomplished!" That scene was so rewarding.
I think Hisao completely misunderstood what Shizune was trying to say - I don't think Shizune can read lips (not 100% anyway, and it was dark too), so I'm fairly certain that she was trying to get Hisao to look up at the fireworks that were coming. And since she had a watch, she probably knew exactly when they were going to start.

I imagine there will be several such misunderstandings throughout Shizune's route, as Hisao will try to say something heartfelt and think Shizune understands, only to realize that Shizune was trying to say something completely different and all his mushy crap has been lost on her. :P
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

I’m not going to rank the girls or split their personalities from their appearances, as both would be arbitrary and irrelevant.

Rin: I identify with her in an odd way. She appears to have the same difficulties expressing her thoughts on the fly as I do. The way she pauses and waits for Hisao to prod her onward with questions gives her time to nudge his thoughts slowly in the direction hers are going or at least figure out the right words to make him understand. She also listens and thinks carefully about what is said to her. I would love to have someone like that in my life. Everyone I know keeps rushing me to get to the point, which is hard to do when the words don’t come naturally. That or they don’t realize that the point means nothing if I haven’t finished laying the groundwork necessary to understand it. To quote myself, “My head isn’t in the clouds it’s in the sand, but you’re obviously too self-important to get your hands dirty building a castle with me here.” I also have a thing for tomboys…and redheads…and moderately short hair…so there’s a lot going for her in my book. The scene where she shakes her hair out makes me want to run my fingers along her scalp and muss it vigorously just so I can watch her smile while she does it again.

Hanako: Speaking from personal experience, there is both pride and sorrow to be found in sheltering a dove while it mends. Pride when she takes flight, knowing you had some small part in bringing that beauty back into the world, but sorrow in the knowledge that she is unlikely to return. It’s well worth it though, if only to see what lies beyond the broken wing. (Shit. Time to stop listening to Painful History for a while.)

Emi: She appeals to me because I recognize that having someone so infectiously, cheerfully cute in my life would do me some good, as I can be very morose at times. However, I was shocked when she let on that she is aware of how her pouting affects Hisao while using it to get her way. It made her seem manipulative and shallow to me, but her personality wasn’t developed very much otherwise so I still have hope.

Shizune: I don’t like her frown and she does it too often. Her playful, competitive nature is enjoyable though. I love to debate, so matching wills with her would be fun on an intellectual level, but I don’t like being forced, or forcing others, into embarrassing situations. That seems to be a favored pastime of hers I would end up dreading.

Lilly: I find her dull. I like how caring and considerate she is, but she never says anything interesting. On top of that, she would probably avoid me for the same reasons she does Rin. *shrug* Oil and water, I suppose.

Misha: I live with someone very like Misha. For someone introverted like me, having to deal with such unrelenting, oblivious, super-energetic cheerfulness is like trying to stare into the sun. Doing so on a daily basis she and I have learned to cope with one another, but it’s grating and I never get used to it. In all honesty it’s harder on her than it is on me, so I try very hard not to make a big deal out of it.
Sturm

Post by Sturm »

Hanako
-Too shy

Lilly
-Personality is lacking somewhat

Misha
-Loud and far too happy.

Rin
-Oh the apathy.

Shizune
-Always paired up with the loud one.
-Pushy
Burning Earth!
WetCrate

Post by WetCrate »

TheHivemind wrote:
mallory wrote: Well no, but Harvey Dent wasn't a sexy young thing to begin with... :v
Woah there, watch your fucking mouth when you talk about Aaron Eckhart.
MF Lawled

Looks aren't as important to me as personality (LOLWUT) so I'll just get right into it.

Rin: I think she's tricky, in a very interesting way. I like the characterization of the "distracted genius," but I'm not sure if it's coming off quite correctly. Some other people have mentioned that they think she needs therapy or medication, and though she is my favorite of the characters, that might be true. The way she is portrayed screams dementia.
Aside from that minor problem, she's funny and straightforward with a refreshing outlook on life and a positive disposition regarding her own disability. I like her "disabilities are just personality quirks" mentality.

Shizune: Portrayed very well, and consistent, which is nice. I think she's the one character who really starts to build a personality in this demo. I'd say she's my second favorite character, based on personality and situational consistency.
Definitely A-type personality (does anyone even use that system anymore?), which fits with the class rep. stereotype. Her interaction with Misha is really interesting. I'd like to see more of that relationship developed. Their personalities would seem to repulse each other under any other circumstances, but the way they almost depend on one another is intriguing.
As far as dislikes, I'm sure I have some but I can't really put 'em into words. I'll try: someone as... mmm, nope. She just rubs me the wrong way in a few cases, I guess. She seems too perceptive, and too smart, and she just sees too much of what's going on. I'm very probably wrong -- and/or stupid -- but it appears to me that Shizune has been written as a sort of... ah I don't know. This isn't a fully formed idea. She's too something. Maybe it's just that the writing is really good and I can't handle domineering people in real life. *shrug*

(Misha): Not a main character in the sense that she isn't obtainable as a girlfriend, but still important.
She strikes me as unstable. Bubbly, yes; smart, yes; but something very sinister lurks beneath those giant pink curls. Either she's part of the global feminist conspiracy or she's on medication.
I already mentioned how I appreciate the juxtaposition of Shizune's and Misha's personalities.

Lilly: She's... two-dimensional. I'm not saying it's the writers who have made her that way, but that the writers have done a very good job creating a three-dimensional representation of a two-dimensional character. I can't help but think of the (original?) drawing in which she is captioned with "She's a bit cliched." I always think that about the mother-type characters; they're always the same. And there has to be something underneath all those kindly smiles.
I do like Lilly, I really do. I think she's interesting, in that sort of "Oh come on, just tell me what you're fucking thinking," kind of way.
Wow, this is kind of negative.
I LIKE LILLY. She's my third favorite character. Her words hint at a deep connection with Akira, and certainly with Hanako. I want to know what happened to bring her to Yamaku. I want to see how she and Akira interact. I can see that she cares about other people, and that makes me smile - we need more caring people in the world. Lilly succeeds as a character because she makes me interested. She makes me care about her and her feelings. I just... I wish that such a character could be portrayed in a fashion that didn't scream "mother-complex." Though maybe that's the idea. I'unno.

Hanako: Everyone loves Hanako, and I'm no different; but, to be fair, she is number four on my list. Hanako is damaged goods, which can attract people to her, but it also makes her very hard to portray consistently. She seems very flighty, and prone to slip-ups in (admittedly non-canon) continuity. For instance: she takes to Hisao pretty quickly, considering that she has literally no friends after two full years at the school. After, what, less than a week she is calmly preparing tea for a new transfer student (ref. the "Hanako end" for the demo)? That seems a bit quick for me.
She's very entertaining. I LOVE HANAKO. I just want to see her laugh. And her story is probably the saddest one, too (depending on how close she was with her father, ref. the implication that she has only played chess with Lilly, Hisao and her dad). I tear up when I think about how her life has turned out. She just needs a freaking hug.
She is "real," because people aren't always happy or well-adjusted. Sometimes people have problems they can't overcome. Sometimes they have to fight with inner demons, and even on good days they only manage to fight to a standstill. Sometimes life sucks.

Emi: My least favorite of the girls, for a few of the reasons listed above: she is cliched, she is two-dimensional, and she is hiding something. Those pigtails come down and she'll open a can of crazy on your ass.
I don't know why, but Emi strikes me as a last-minute addition. I know that's not true - she was planned from the beginning like all the other girls - but she just isn't fleshed out enough for my tastes. She likes to run, and she is bubbly - that's all I've got about her right now. Maybe she's got a bit of a domineering streak, if you count her ending? Who knows.
I do like Emi, just not as much as the other girls. I appreciate the consistency of her character. She's always the same way in the demo, she doesn't just suddenly start Emo-ing out for no reason. And, in the interests of full disclosure, she's as cute as a button on a bug's ear in a rug. The way she gets embarrassed by her slip-ups is endearing at worst, adorable at best. And she is also a likeable character. She seems like a typical high-school girl, full of vim and vigor. While some of the other characters skirt dangerously close to appearing artificial, Emi fits right into a high-school setting. Not to mention the inner strength she displays in dedicating herself to running despite the loss of her legs.

All in all I love the game, hence my recent fanaticism. The plot is captivating, the relationships are realistic, and the characters leave me wanting more.
I, uh, may or may not have come off a bit rude in this post. It's not intentional. I love KS, and I want moar plz.
domino

Post by domino »

It's all about personality.

Shizune: I like a girl who goes after what she wants. It's how I got my wife (well, she got me) after all. So her games and dares and come-ons make me enjoy her personality.

Rin: She's the sort of wacky person you really want to know so you can tell stories about her when you're in college. Especially if you dated her. I think after hanging out with her for a while, you'd start talking the way she does, with non sequiturs. She's fun and quirky - never boring.

Emi: She's very enthusiastic, encouraging, and positive. She'll put a lot of effort into keeping you on the right track, which is something I need sometimes. OK, a lot of the time. I just don't know if we share a lot of interests. She likes to run, I find running boring and frustrating - give me a good fencing or muay thai class. Maybe running with a partner will solve the problem.

Hanako: Once she warms up to you, she's someone who reads as much as I do. That'll provide lots of conversation. But she's damaged goods, and I don't have the patience to repair that. Make me fall in love with you first, then take a wound, and I'm there. But needing the help from day one? Hard sell.

Lilly: She's sweet and thoughtful, and calm in a way that is great in a friend or girlfriend. She's a little hypocritical in being so understanding of everyone's issues without realizing that they'll be understanding of hers, but that's not a flaw - that's being human. And it seems like she's got a crack sense of humor under that calm veneer, as well as a sense of discomfort with things outside her zone (such as Rin) that makes her much less distant.
Kazukagi

Post by Kazukagi »

Alright, let's get crackin.

Hanako: Yes, I'm in the majority and proud of it. So, Hanako tops the list. I'll be honest, at first I tried to get her route because she was the shy girl, which is my weakness in these games. However, now that I've gone through to the end of her route in the demo, I have to say I like her alot. I think, for me at least, chasing after Hanako is a more rewarding experience. She has a personality, but she starts too wrapped up in a reclusive shell. Well, here comes main male protagonist, to smash that right open. I like these types of characters. It's a challenge to earn the trust of somebody like Hanako, and it makes it all the more rewarding when they finally do. And like I said before, I just happened to also like her personality, once it came out. Oh and she's cute. Figured I'd save the superficial for last.

Shizune: It really was a hard choice between Lily and Shizune, but in the end I picked Shinzune. I'll say this, if my weakness isn't the shy girl, it's the Tsundere. However, nobody in this one is a cut and dry tsundere, but Shizune is the closest to that archetype IMO. Once again relating back to that challenge factor I stated with Hanako, you can't have Misha sitting there to translate all the time. So that means that, somewhere down the line, our plucky protagonist is going to attempt to learn sign. And the thought of him signing "I Love You" to Shizune is too cute to bear. Getting past that, I found myself drawn into her complex character. In the begining of the demo I had her pegged as the cut and dry Tsundere, but was quickly debunked in that theory as her character developed. She puts on this air of calm, stern control, yet has a playful, competitive side to her. I like that, and I think I'll enjoy the Hisao's attempts to draw that out. She's also most likely a wild cat in bed. But again, afterthought.

Lily: Yeah, Lily third. Let me get it out of the way now that I think she' s the most attractive. Not the cutest, but the most... oh what's a word, beautiful? Yeah, that works. Right, moving on. When I first encountered her in the demo, I kind of rolled my eyes. "Oh great, the elegant, refined women who's perfect in every way, save her blindness." However, once she had the argument with Shizune, as well as following her route some more, she's more than that. She puts on this facade of being very calm and collected, but has some real troubles, and even flaws, lurking underneath her placid face. I find her to be a very complex character, and really only one of 2 females that I can't grasp a good scope of their character. Looking forward to her route. I could diverge into how I think blind sex will work, but I'll refrain for now.

RIn: I'll be quite honest, Rin kinda bores me. I know many people think she's one of the most interesting of the characters, but I don't really get it. Okay yeah, the whole "She does everything with her feet" thing is an interesting quirk, and it would most likely lead to the best footjob will ever have in his life, but other than that I don't see much. Rin is the second character who I don't fully grasp the scope of what makes her really stand out, so maybe I'll change my mind after playing her full route in the complete game, but for now, she takes a back seat to most of the others. However, she did beat out one person, who just so happens to be...

Emi: Yeah, not a fan of Emi. I understand that she has kind of a cult following here, but I can break down why I don't like her into three distinct reasons.
1. She doesn't even need to be at the school. Yeah, I know it's been discussed before, but it still bugs me. Her disability is that she's missing her lower legs, yet she's still the best on the track team? The only danger is that one of her legs will rust, but other than that she doesn't require the 24 hour nursing staff that the school provides. She may be disabled, but she can still function perfectly fine, as if she weren't even missing her legs.

2. Childish Behavior. Yeah, I know that other characters, looking mostly at Shinzune, have a childish side to them. But when Shinzune lapses, I feel like a teenage girl is breaking through a facade of adulthood. When Emi opens her mouth, all I hear is an 8 year old. It bugs me, I just don't find her behavior or personality appealing.

3. Childish... er, body. Never been into that sort of thing. The moment she ran into me in the hallway, and the graphic showed a girl who looked about 8 years old in a gym uniform, I knew instantly what archetype she was. And I Knew that she would be at the bottom of my list. Never liked this archetype of character, and the H Scenes with her would, to me, feel more awkward than interesting. Yeah, I know it's strange for me to get excited over H scenes with deaf girls, armless girls, blind girls and scarred girls, yet to get bothered by a girl that just happens to look young, I realize the double standard. Yet I still feel the same.

So there you have it. That took a bit more thinking than I thought it would. Kudos for making such great characters that I actually had to stop to think about who I really did like the best.

P.S - I mean no animosity to Emi fans. If you like her, good for you. I just don't find her all that appealing. Just thought I'd put this out there. I'm really not trying to bash, just stating an opinion.
Life and death may be back to back, but they will never face each other. I'll show you, this is what it means to kill something..." -Shiki Tohno
Critical

Post by Critical »

Well...

Looks: Rin > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Emi
Personality: Rin > Shizune > Lilly > Misha > Hanako > Emi

Rin:

Rin's overall my favorite character in Katawa Shoujo. I love girls with short hair -- or the girls whom I've met with a similar hairstyle. Her scruffy bangs and the way she shakes her hair from side to side is incredibly cute, and her tomboyish disposition makes her feel like a friend. I look for a friend in my girlfriend, makes me feel closer to her in that respect, and we generally enjoy our company more -- overall making it less of a physical desire of one another becoming paramount in the relationship. Moreover, the face she gives you and how she poses when she's inquiring Hisao about something, namely the quote of "Or do you like watching girls sleep?" makes me HNNNNNNNNG every time. She's really cute in those respects. More importantly, I greatly enjoy the dialog between Hisao and Rin, it's like having a conversation about nothing, yet its deeper meaning brings them closer and closer, the subtly of each action, gesture, emotion, is greatly focused on, and a person whom you have to pay a lot of attention to to figure out may be frustrating, but also makes her that much more interesting. I can't wait to see more of Rin in the full game.

I guess my attraction to Rin is that I've actually met a girl like this before... minus the lack of arms (or plus arms?). It was when I lived in Japan when I was a youngster, and had a school sweetheart. We would just sit in silence, and talk about random things, like wondering why the blackboards are black instead of blue or periwinkle, or what clouds actually are. We would do this at lunch, recess, after school when our parents got there late, even during class when we got finished with our assignments. It slowly escalated into touching, and kissing followed by long intervals of wondering why we were doing it at all. The same premise stayed the same, and our relationship never really changed. One day, we wandered farther from the school playground to a secluded area, where we kissed for what seemed to be hours. I remember how she smelled, like strawberries cotton candy, her hair brushed against my nostrils as she urged my hands to grasp her butt as she unbuttoned my uniform shirt and caress my chest. We went back as soon as recess ended. She didn't speak to me after school. It wasn't until a day later that she told me, right before her parents rolled up to get her with a reddened face and puppy eyes,

"I did it because... I like you."

If I knew what HNNNNNNNNNNNNGH was, I would've done it right then and there. How she said it was so cute. I wish I still knew her, she was a keeper. ;___;

Misha:

I don't know what it is about Misha. It could be her personality, or the way she looks, but I'm EXTREMELY attracted to Misha. It's not even funny. It could be her round face, her loud voice, dose hips, or dem drills, but it makes me want to write something long and sensual about Hisao having rough intercourse with Misha, making her moan like a dying .... something. Her body gives off that sensual feeling, and she isn't a complete airhead, almost a little lonely and needy (I implied this from when Misha wasn't sure if Shizune was going to get her something to drink from the vending machine and started to pout. That made me HNNNNNNNNNNGH too.) Whatever's making me feel this way, keep it up. I'd Bad End the hell out of this game to get at those drills just once. JUST ONCE.

Hanako:

Hanako is just a big blob of HNNNNNNNNNNNNGH. I'm surprised Hisao hasn't had multiple heart attacks from being around Hanako like he does. In any case, I haven't seen much development out of Hanako, and she's surprisingly quick to warm up to Hisao, maybe because she wanted more friends in her life. Despite that fact, Hanako is beautiful, scars and all. I wouldn't mind caressing her scarred, leathery tissue if she wanted me to, it's all about the tender loving with Hanako.

Lilly:

Lilly makes me want a classy, well bred girl like her. She has all the features of a goddess, and an unbiased first impression with her inability to judge others based on looks, and make assumptions. Her seemingly innocent exterior makes me want to just hold her in my arms and shelter her from everything -- maybe that's why she's friends with Hanako, I'd do that same thing with her. Her interaction with Shizune is hilarious, their contrasting disabilities almost make them natural enemies. I wonder how long it took her to realize that it Misha wasn't Shizune...

Shizune:

She's calm, calculating, cool, crafty, just how I want a rival to be. She's a mental assassin that can make you into a tool for her instruments for destruction of the world as we know it. Okay, maybe not that drastic, but Shizune's competitiveness seems to know no bounds, and Hisao's paranoia is apparent with his uncomfortable existence when he's at the mercy of Shizune and Misha. I don't know what to think of Shizune, she' s a little confusing, not like Rin, but you know what I mean, or not, it doesn't really matter, you're probably not reading this anyway. Dohohoho~

Emi:

She's the loli of the KS cast, and it definitely shows. She's a generic bubbly child that causes lethal HNNNNNNGHs. I'm not really one to be into underdeveloped bodies like Emi's it kind of makes me feel like a pedophile. Not to knock Emi lovers, I'd hit it, but I want a birth certificate first. Can't be too careful.

tl;dr : Rin's my favorite, and I'd bang Misha. HARD.
Coyfish

Post by Coyfish »

Never thought I'd register for this. Or even download the demo at all. But I did and now I'm hooked. Some of the personalities of the characters are a bit cliche, but that doesn't stop me from liking them. I don't really care if something has been used before as long as it's not a blatant copy; if I did, I'd never ever enjoy anything 'new'. It's like saying a 'kind person' is cliche and that happy endings aren't that great.

Well, anyways:

Rin: I like Rin. A lot. Although she's portrayed as being quite the scatterbrain, she's also quite sagely at the same time. Whether it was intended or if the devs were just hoping that by writing some random things that we'd make up our own meanings for what Rin says, she's pretty deep. She's a lot like me in that I tend to monologue a bit on things and get sidetracked from my original intentions, though I don't blurt it out like she does. I just keep it all in my head. I like that part of her. Rin is also quite frank and seems like a very amiable person. To top it all off, I LOVE her BG music (Parity).

Hanako: She's tied with Rin for me. Hanako is the type of person you want to protect.....unless you're a person who can get easily pissed. It disturbs me how her burn scars make me like her even more. Seriously. I've seen real people with burn marks and it just grosses me out. This goes to show how much the internet has corrupted me.

Lilly: She's quite motherly and seems like a very empathetic person. Understanding, patient, and well-mannered.I'm not really attracted to this kind of character, though I wouldn't mind having Lilly as a close friend. She seems a lot like a 'perfect' character, but she also has a 'vulnerable' side.

Emi: LOLI!!!!!!!......Not much else to say, heh. Bubbly and very energetic, Emi is a lot like this girl I knew from way back.

Shizune: My first impression was that she was a bit of a bitch, though when I decided to go through her route, my opinion of her changed a bit. She's actually quite a cute person. She's a jerk because she's overworked, which I find understandable. This doesn't excuse her behavior, though, towards the other characters. Especially towards Lilly and Hanako, since she treats them the most harshly. But this just increases her charm as being a childish person.

Misha: ......drills...... :D

I tend to float towards weaker willed characters like Hanako, but I also like characters like Rin's. She seems like the type of person who can understand what you're thinking. There's much more that I'd like to say about her, but I really can't put it into words. Heh. Well, I'm sure all you Rin fans there would know what I'm thinking.
OtakuMegane

Post by OtakuMegane »

Good a place to start as any. :D

Looks: Lilly > Hanako > Shizune > Misha > Emi > Rin

Personality: Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Misha

Now details:

Hanako - I already liked her from when I first came across the original character sheet way back. Some was that protective instinct but as I thought further, it became more that I'd feel happy if I could make her smile, even if nothing else. Once I got to playing Act 1 the attraction only grew as her own interests seemed to mirror my own, even her little 'game' in the hall (yes, I actually do that once in a while, just for fun). Intelligent, kind, gentle and when you do get her to smile it's nothing short of utterly adorable. The burn scars never really bothered me much either, even when I consider how they'd look in real life.

Lilly - Calm, hard-working but not a workaholic, very gentle but far from weak. Anyone who can hold their own with Shizune is no pushover. And I do have a thing for the protective and responsible type. Pretty and tall, a definite plus. She's an intelligent one too. A bit overly formal and her personality is not real deep (yet) but I could live with that.

Rin - Love the straightforward attitude and there's a vast sense of humor lurking just below the surface. A lot of her thought patterns are similar to mine and like me, she doesn't mind prolonged silences. Actually it took a while for her to grow on me because it was like a female version of myself sometimes, which was a little odd feeling. Looks aren't anything amazing but her face and eyes are incredibly expressive.

Shizune - Not far from a tie with Rin. Competitive, which can be enjoyable though sometimes she takes it a little too far. Her initial personality is brash and strong, something I'm not always fond of. The personality underneath is appealing though. She can certainly be cute, especially when she blushes.

Emi - Energetic, friendly, very cute but would wear me out after a while being around her. I don't mind the younger look, she doesn't look *that* young. :P A bit too strict on exercise and diet for my taste, even though that's probably a benefit in the long run.

Misha - She'd be a great friend and fun to have around. She does look good. But too much exposure to her and I'd probably go insane or at least suffer many headaches.
Lilly > Hanako > Misha > Yuuko > Emi > Rin > Shizune

<OtakuMegane> sdfgegervdrtt456rth?
<A22> who are you
<A22> yeah fuck it you have otaku in your name
<A22> the dislike just comes naturally
<OtakuMegane> :D
<A22> shu tup
Squirg

Post by Squirg »

Well, for those who care. (I admit I skipped a few posts, so tl;dr!)

Looks: Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Emi > Misha > Rin

Personality: Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin > Emi > Misha

Now details:

Hanako - Hanako is just my type I guess. Longish dark hair and shy personality is a major attraction for me. She's a bit reclusive and overly shy, but like most people here, I don't mind and think that those things actually make her more rewarding to pursue. I'm not going to lie though, I'm not a huge fan of the burns, but I could live with them, she's definitely cute and lovable enough.

Lilly - Prim and proper, I think she'd be a good balance for me, since I am neither. Blindness isn't too much of a problem really, and I could see some fun times with her after she gets a bit more casual. Although I'm not a big fan of blondes, Lilly seems high class, yet not snobbish. Her refined nature is... comforting?

Rin - Seriously I don't know what to think of her. Definitely an odd one, but there's something about her besides just being a tad unique. Or maybe that's just it, in a good way.

Shizune - I like her straightforward and competitive personality. I could see myself playing a few games with her and getting really into it too. She's smart and calculating, which suits me just fine.

Emi - I really couldn't see myself as anything more than friends with Emi, she's like a little sister. It doesn't help that she looks and acts like one too. Maybe some others are into that? I dunno, she's cute and all, but not for me.

Misha - Drills. I think she's a bit annoying, but ehhhh. I can't decide whether she's cute, hot, or has a baby face.
Fir3y

Post by Fir3y »

I think I'll do this in ascending order of my favorites.

Rin - My least favorite of the girls, but not because I didn't like her. I honestly liked all of the characters and choosing an order for them was pretty difficult. Overall though, I think Rin would be my least favorite because of how spacey she is. I do know a girl very similar to Rin actually, a friend of mine. She's a the artist type and is also pretty out there. She's a great friend. Dating her would probably drive me crazy. Also I don't really like feet, so Rin has that against her.

Hanako - It's not that I don't like shy girls, but Hanako is shy at the derangement level. She's cute and adorable and "baww" worthy at times, but I can see that kind of a relationship ending up as a frustrating affair. I am interested to see how she turns out though.

Lilly - I didn't expect to like Lilly. She pretty in a much more classical sense, which I do like, but she seemed too high class at first. It was her caring attitude towards the people around her that first got me interested. Then it was the lapses in her facade that made me really like her. When Hisao asks if she would like to "see the fair," and she gets fake-angry, I laughed out loud. Underneath the layer of properness, there is a very playful girl. I'm really interested to see the extent of that.

Emi - Emi is adorable, sweet, caring, and awesome. I like her carefree, bubbly attitude a lot. I especially like how natural caring for others seems to come to her. I could possibly like her more than any of the other girls, but I don't feel she was the best developed in this section of the story. I really hope to see more of her in the future. Also I want to reach into the game and give her a huge hug.

Shizune - I am a fan of strong-willed women. I like being challenged, I like games, and I like fearlessness. I'm also a fan of short hair and glasses. So Shizune appeals to me on many levels. She can seem bitchy a couple of times playing through Act 1, but that didn't really detract from her appeal to me. I also find Misha to be pretty hilarious most of the time and she's, at least for now, a big part of Shizune's character. Their dynamic seems way off at first, but you do learn that they're a couple of fun-loving girls. This will be the path I follow first when the full release hits.
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

Hmm, let's see...

(Favorite to least): Rin, Hanako, Emi, Shizune, Lilly.

Rin- There is nothing I can really think of that I dislike about her. She's carefree, but can be devoted to what's important to her. She speaks in riddles, but always has a point. She acts seemingly without thought, but always has a reason. On top of everything, I'm rather a fan of short hair, and she seems to rely less on emotions and more on thought. And feet aren't all that bad. XD

Hanako- The shy girl always gets me, but Hanako exemplified that persona. I'm sure that protective instinct may be picking up some, but I can relate to her situation (the phobia, not the burns). She is an adorable character, and hiding her face with her hair just seems to add to the overall picture.

Emi- I'm not usually partial to the bubbly girls, but Emi seemed...tolerable. It was probably due to her caring nature along with her competitiveness, rather than the selfish snob I always see accompanied with that personality. Her spirit is admirable, and she's a cute character, but she seems too much to keep up with.

Shizune- An intelligent, beautiful girl, no doubt, but Shizune is too dang competitive. I like competition in life and all, but not in everything I do. It would just be too much. I like the glasses though.

Lilly- Unfortunately, the only thing I really like about her is her kindness. Blond isn't really my preference, and she seems too uptight. Sure, she seems to have a playful nature at times, but she's too pristine. And when she's angry, she does the silent/content anger, the kind that's worse than getting yelled at.
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
Onisake

Post by Onisake »

In order of preference~

Lilly:
Her personality is appealing to me. Also, when she grabs onto your arm while shopping. I melted. so cute. (It was like the first time i played princess maker 4, and she said 'Papa, daisuke da yo!'. God i'm such a loser. but that game was still really fun <3) Just wish her 'high strung' appearance wasn't so typical. blonde hair, blue eyes, and she acts in more of an 'upper class' fashion. total turn off. I prefer my Japanese, even half Japanese, with black hair. (actually all asians should have black hair imo, but w/e. i dislike it enough to complain, but not enough to take over the world and force anyone to do something about it)

Lilly's style is also more akin to my own. Shizune is a counter balance, in that she's super strict. I prefer to take Lilly's route in being merciful as oppose to a hardass. I feel i would enjoy a romantic relationship with her a great deal.

Shizune:
I also have hearing loss. not as severe. I like shizune out of curiousity more than anything. I have some theories on why she is the way she is, personality wise. and i'm curious to see how correct i am. She also looks like she'd be fun to have sex with. she's very high strung, and i think it would be fun to see how naughty she can get. >=) Also, dating a girl like her would be a good contrast to my own personality. she'd keep me in line.

Misha:
I'm counting her because I really like characters like Misha. speaks her mind, unafraid of consequences, worry about what happens when it happens. I also like big breasts. Also, bigger girls need love too. Curvy is hot. It's also hot when girls are loud in bed. And lets face it, I want to bang the hell out of Misha so i can hear her scream and moan. I just wish she didn't act so damn stupid... I'd still bang the hell out of her. I think dating her would be a sort of adventure, but not in the same way as dating someone like Rin. I can totally see Misha bursting into class and yelling 'Hisao! let's go have sex somewhere!' which would make my week. I also want to bang her.

I'm also curious as to what her disability really is. I have some theories, but i think everyone would have heard them before. Someone mentioned they thought she might have bionic ear implants. I decided not to comment on that, for fear of coming up with another epic wall of science. It's a theory though, and i want to see the outcome. Did i mention i'd bang the hell out of her?

Conequently, if you're familiar with Mai Hime/Otome My favorite char there is Haruka Armitige. She's so cool. I see a bit of Haruka in Misha. I see a bit of Shizuru in Lilly. Which is funny, because I dislike Shizuru, although in a good way, but i like Lilly. (for those of you that might get confused with that last bit, in a good way meaning that the character is capable of invoking an emotional response in me, meaning they are memorable. as opposed to a bland character who annoys you because they never do anything, or they only do stupid things (chise from saikano, damn you, you stupid bratty girl, drown in your tears off screen so i can see shuji develop as a character without your CONSTANT crying to interupt)). . . I really want to fuck Misha.

Rin:
I've this sort of fetish for the name Rin. don't know why. I just like the way it rolls off my tongue. That's really the biggest reason. Her personality it a bit quirky for me. but it's also fun. the random factor keeps you on your toes. It would be awkward for me if i dated her. Personally i like to touch things, and enjoy the sensation i get from my hands. I like to share that with my partner when possible. aka, i really like holding hands. And...well...yeah. It also seems like it would be difficult for her to give a good BJ. which makes me T-T

Hanako:
I would actually hate to date hanako. she's too nervous. I like affection, and getting that from hanako seems like it would be a chore. at least at first. Although i really like her as a character. She seem's the type of girl who was just dealt a bad hand, and you want to protect her, keep her close to you, and make everything alright. I want to see her happy and smiling, as opposed to gloomy. Just not with me. luckily i'm not the protagonist, the poor bastard Hisao is. Also she has long black hair, and that's super sexy. Hanako's path for me will be more of a 'third person' encounter. I can't see myself becoming super intimate with a girl like Hanako, so i will be viewing her path as Hisao and Hanako, as opposed to me, through Hisao.

Emi:
lolita, no thanks. I also don't like the whole 'little sister' fetish thing. I do like her personality though. Like misha, she goes after what she wants, and sort of breaks the whole stereotypical 'the guy has to initiate everything' mold. She's also hyper, and i bet that would be fun in bed. >=) just wish she wasn't so lolli. I'm ok with the flat chest, just don't like the child like appearance. Her path i would probably play under the 'all ages' setting and avoid all the lolli sex/ecchi. The funny thing is, the first couple time i played through, it was easy to read how to get certain girls. It wasn't until i made choices i would actually make that I opened up Emi's path. mainly the whole running thing. I used to run track, and the sense of nostalgia was strong. ah, sweet younger days, how i miss you. 見ぬが花 (Not seeing is a flower. ignorance is bliss.)
Bara

Post by Bara »

Onisake wrote:
Misha:
I'm counting her because I really like characters like Misha. speaks her mind, unafraid of consequences, worry about what happens when it happens. I also like big breasts. Also, bigger girls need love too. Curvy is hot. It's also hot when girls are loud in bed. And lets face it, I want to bang the hell out of Misha so i can hear her scream and moan. I just wish she didn't act so damn stupid... I'd still bang the hell out of her. I think dating her would be a sort of adventure, but not in the same way as dating someone like Rin. I can totally see Misha bursting into class and yelling 'Hisao! let's go have sex somewhere!' which would make my week. I also want to bang her.
I'm also curious as to what her disability really is. I have some theories, but i think everyone would have heard them before. Someone mentioned they thought she might have bionic ear implants. I decided not to comment on that, for fear of coming up with another epic wall of science. It's a theory though, and i want to see the outcome. Did i mention i'd bang the hell out of her?

Conequently, if you're familiar with Mai Hime/Otome My favorite char there is Haruka Armitige. She's so cool. I see a bit of Haruka in Misha. I see a bit of Shizuru in Lilly. Which is funny, because I dislike Shizuru, although in a good way, but i like Lilly. (for those of you that might get confused with that last bit, in a good way meaning that the character is capable of invoking an emotional response in me, meaning they are memorable. as opposed to a bland character who annoys you because they never do anything, or they only do stupid things (chise from saikano, damn you, you stupid bratty girl, drown in your tears off screen so i can see shuji develop as a character without your CONSTANT crying to interupt)). . . I really want to fuck Misha.
Well Doctor, what is the diagnosis?
Hmmm, This is the most severe case of "Drill Hair Fever" I've ever seen... :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?