Iwanako

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Silver Seraph

Iwanako

Post by Silver Seraph »

I don't know if it's too late to propose ideas for the game or not. If so, I'm sorry, and you can just go ahead and delete this topic. I've made this suggestion on 4chan two or so times, but the thread usually gets deleted soon, most likely due to there being dozen of KS threads.

Anyway, my idea is to have Iwanako return, perhaps near the end (Act 3?). You either bump into her in town or she visits you at the school (prefer the latter). After which, she says she still likes you, either because:
1) She's jealous you have a girlfriend, and she couldn't have you
2) She could never get boyfreind/just got dumped, and she need you to fill the gap
3) She genuinely still likes you

Others have proposed the idea that she comes to the school as a student, because she got into an accident. I actually like that. Her disability could be the same as whatever girl's route you are on, but that would most likely be too much trouble with all the drawings. So she has a set disability. Perhaps the same as yours. It seems a few people want a wheelchair girl, so that could be it.

Her role will essentially be to stray you away from whatever girl's route you are on.
If her personality is 1 or 2 above, then you pretty much become used by her. You don't achieve true happiness with whatever girl you should have been with, but become Iwanako's bitch.
If it's 3, then I can see her turning into a yandere. She tries to kill whichever girl, claiming you're the only one for her.
Either way, it's a bad end. There could also be a good end with her I suppose.
Envy

Re: Iwanako

Post by Envy »

You want to insert forced drama into every single path?
Khaos

Post by Khaos »

bad idea...
...so that's why I'm trying to figure out if there is something I need to figure out and then figure that out before it's too late and all hope is lost.
~~~~~
Isn't a realist just the word for what the cynic calls himself?
BustRobot

Post by BustRobot »

I... really don't think so. Given that she stopped seeing Hisao after a month of visiting him in the hospital, it's highly unlikely. By the time Hiaso moved to Yamaku (and probably even before that) she's probably forgot about him and moved on with her life.

It would just add unnecessary complexity into the storyline(s).
Last edited by BustRobot on Fri May 08, 2009 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open up our narrow minds.
Bladin

Post by Bladin »

IF ANYTHING, it'd be her getting into the accident as you said, and then her having trouble fitting in and seeking you for help. And after you get to a certain point it triggers a jealousy event with the girls path you are actually on, and then you can either go for her or keep on your path. I honestly don't see why Iwanako would be crazy/murderer/etc. She seemed pretty normal, and not that obsessed or anything.
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

I could probably get into a dream sequence with her... like, at a particularly low point in dealing with his self-esteem, Hisao thinks about what might have been, then firmly puts the past behind him, musters up his courage, and goes on with his life/chosen girl. Or picks the other option and goes to a suicide ending because he can't stand living with a bad heart. XD
Silver Seraph

Post by Silver Seraph »

Didn't think it would be viewed as such a bad idea. Oh well. I was just throwing it out there.

Post by Guest »

Bladin wrote:I honestly don't see why Iwanako would be crazy/murderer/etc.
I got a thing for yanderes, which is why I'd want her to snap.
Bladin wrote:She seemed pretty normal, and not that obsessed or anything.
It's because of the situation she's in (her accident, this new school, her new life, etc.) she would snap and become obsessed with you. Once again, I like yanderes, which is why I'd like to see her become one.
silverleaftree

Post by silverleaftree »

I dunno, it seems kind of forced. It would be a really big coincidence and almost hard to believe.

Also, if you need a "rival" in a route, it makes much more sense to pick one of the other main heroines since they will be well developed. Also, there already are some natural tensions among the heroines (Shizune and Lilly for example). Or you could have them fight with their friend over Hisao (Emi vs Rin). All of these seem more natural than bringing Iwanako back.
WASSHOI

Post by WASSHOI »

silverleaftree wrote:I dunno, it seems kind of forced. It would be a really big coincidence and almost hard to believe.

Also, if you need a "rival" in a route, it makes much more sense to pick one of the other main heroines since they will be well developed. Also, there already are some natural tensions among the heroines (Shizune and Lilly for example). Or you could have them fight with their friend over Hisao (Emi vs Rin). All of these seem more natural than bringing Iwanako back.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Everyone has a sorta "rival" in the school. These can be were the conflicts can come from. I doubt Iwanako will come back, she was just a minor character used to start things off. We don't know much about her, but she probably didn't care much about Hisao and just moved on. It was probably just a small crush. Of course, I guess you could always go the cliche route and make her into the;

"I felt so bad about the incident I couldn't stand to face you anymore!"

Type of girl, and if that was the case she'd most likely be going to the school to visit Hisao out of her own free will rather than an accident.

I don't particularly think its too bad of an idea really, if done well it may be able to come off right. But I think it'd be best to just stick with our cast of girls. If she is ever re-introduced, I hope any end with her will be a BAD END. I also hope she wouldn't be include in everyone's route.
Anon

Post by Anon »

No one remembers that Hisao specifcally mentioned that he never saw her again after she stopped visiting him in the hospital?
Fou

Post by Fou »

I don't think it'd be bad if she made an appearance later in the story, but a major plot-line with her would be forced. If it were something along the lines of running into each other again and reflecting how they're lives are turning out so far, that'd be natural and believable. But putting her back into his romance when their relationship clearly fizzled out from lack of contact, or forcing her into the school is contrived.

Rednal's dream idea isn't too bad either.
Silver Seraph

Post by Silver Seraph »

Fou wrote:I don't think it'd be bad if she made an appearance later in the story, but a major plot-line with her would be forced. If it were something along the lines of running into each other again and reflecting how they're lives are turning out so far, that'd be natural and believable. But putting her back into his romance when their relationship clearly fizzled out from lack of contact, or forcing her into the school is contrived.

Rednal's dream idea isn't too bad either.
Yeah you're right, putting her back in the love life would indeed be forced. A simple encounter with her and they talk sounds decent. And that night Hisao could have a dream of her.
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Silver Seraph wrote:perhaps near the end (Act 3?)
Katawa Shoujo will NOT come in series, ACT 1 was just sneak preview/intro on the full game that will be released, later this year..? (Not sure if it will be released this year, but oh well.)
"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"I'll tutor you." - Misha
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
erisi236

Post by erisi236 »

She stopped visiting the hospital because she died in a traffic accident one day while coming to visit. No one told Hisao so he wouldn't become upset and possibly die.

So while he still resents her for not coming to visit anymore, he's unaware that her last thoughts were of him.
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.