Katawa Daioh

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

PCJedi

Katawa Daioh

Post by PCJedi »

The first time I played the game, one of my initial reactions was how similar Rin was to Osaka, in terms of their mindsets and spacey natures. The more I thought about it though, the more the comparisons seemed to fit.

First off, as stated, Rin and Osaka have nearly identical personalities, although Rin's a bit more on the philosophical side.

Then, you have Emi, who is cheerful, bubbly, and short, like Chiyo-chan.

Next, there's Misha, who sort of reminds me of Tomo with her eternally hyper nature.

Following that, Shizune, who gets to be Yomi, for both the irritable personalities, the glasses, and the similar relationship to Misha that Yomi has with Tomo. People who are seemingly at odds with one anothers' personalities, and yet get along surprisingly well.

Then there's Hanako, who seems to match Sakaki pretty well, with her long hair and shy, withdrawn nature.

After that, Lilly, who is sort of hard to match with anyone, but seems sort of Nyamo-ish, in terms of their generally calm personalities. This in turn makes Akira Yukari, as they're both a bit more laid back than their best friend/sisters are, and yet are fast friends.

Yuuko might make a good Kaorin, they seem kind of similar to me, shy and somewhat clumsy.

Finally, you have Kenji, who being the last sane man in an insane world, would probably go to being Kimura by default. It also doesn't hurt that both Kenji and Kimura are pretty nuts most of the time.

And as for Hisao, well, he'd probably just be one of the anonymous males in Azumanga Daioh who never really get big roles.

But enough about what I think, what do you guys think?
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
IcyStorm

Re: Katawa Daioh

Post by IcyStorm »

[deleted]
Last edited by IcyStorm on Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

Alright, I'm going to have to admit that trying to compare every single character in one work to every single other character in another work is probably a bit silly, since they're inevitably going to be different. Also, I did pretty much make this thread right after reading the TTGL/KS comparison/crossover thread, which had it's own fair share of silly ideas, such as Misha = Kamina. And I did know that there were strong differences there as well, but I guess I just felt like focusing on the similarities at the time.
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

PCJedi wrote:Also, I did pretty much make this thread right after reading the TTGL/KS comparison/crossover thread, which had it's own fair share of silly ideas, such as Misha = Kamina.
You got a problem with Kamisha? MINE ARE THE HAIR DRILLS THAT WILL PIERCE YOUR BODY!
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

PCJedi wrote:The first time I played the game, one of my initial reactions was how similar Rin was to Osaka, in terms of their mindsets and spacey natures. The more I thought about it though, the more the comparisons seemed to fit.

First off, as stated, Rin and Osaka have nearly identical personalities, although Rin's a bit more on the philosophical side.

Then there's Hanako, who seems to match Sakaki pretty well, with her long hair and shy, withdrawn nature.

Eh... I don't really see the Rin - Osaka match up, I mean, I actually like Rin as a character, she seems interesting, whereas Osaka is..well to me she has her moments but then just fades into dumb air (as opposed to thin air >.>)

And I don't really see the Hanako - Sakaki match, but I suppose it fits the most In a way, I mean I see what you were going for...I suppose.

Although I will say one thing.

KS and AD are both great :P