Hanako cosplay - some help needed...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

audiodoll

Hanako cosplay - some help needed...

Post by audiodoll »

Hi all,

So I'm the author of this thread over in /cgl/. A dev posted in there and directed me to the forums, so here I am, with a question or two for people who know the characters back and forth.

What shoes does Hanako wear? I've seen black sneakers, brown boots, and penny loafers, all in art that I've found of her. (The dev posting in that thread mentioned that the girls besides Rin and Shizune wear basic penny loafers "akin to Reita's image" - does that mean they're white? Are they even penny loafers? I mean, the source image doesn't really look like they are...) Can someone please tell me what her footwear consists of, exactly? I'd really like to pull the best and most accurate cosplay possible.

And... that's it, I guess. That's the major issue as of right now. I might have a question or two crop up sooner or later, so I'll just... use this thread to ask, I guess.

Thanks in advance for any and all help you can provide~
Moekki
Artist

Re: Hanako cosplay - some help needed...

Post by Moekki »

I actually think that she wears boots, similar to the pair Rena wears in Higurashi

edit: i talked to weee about it a few months ago when i was drawing the system UI SDs http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/486?
Last edited by Moekki on Wed May 06, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mallory

Post by mallory »

One would assume they were some variety of penny loafers, being part of a school uniform. I'd guess black or brown.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Oh man! Good luck on that cosplay! I was planning on maybe going to otakon but now I REALLY gotta go! I wish I had the money and resources to cosplay, I'd love to be Shizune!
ChaosEngine

Post by ChaosEngine »

Agh, you guys are killing me. I don't have the time to go down to Otakon to see how awesome this will turn out.

But seriously, good luck on the project(s). :wink:
audiodoll

Post by audiodoll »

moekki wrote:I actually think that she wears boots, similar to the pair Rena wears in Higurashi

edit: i talked to weee about it a few months ago when i was drawing the system UI SDs http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/486?
Ahhh, thanks a lot... It's too bad that finding inexpensive boots like that would be a major headache. u_u Plus it doesn't look like they show up in the game... well, thanks either way. I'll have to decide between trying to hunt for those for authenticity to the design or just getting loafers to save time, energy, and be consistent with what shows up in the game CGs.
Pimmy wrote:Oh man! Good luck on that cosplay! I was planning on maybe going to otakon but now I REALLY gotta go! I wish I had the money and resources to cosplay, I'd love to be Shizune!
Heh, thanks. We've got a Lilly coming to Otakon as well, and if my friend ends up going she'll be a Rin. Should be a lot of fun!
ChaosEngine wrote:Agh, you guys are killing me. I don't have the time to go down to Otakon to see how awesome this will turn out.

But seriously, good luck on the project(s). :wink:
There'll be pictures right after the con I'm guessing, so I don't think you'll be missing too much, heh.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

That chibi-ish picture is likely not an accurate portrayal of what she wears on most school days. Go with the loafers.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Heh, thanks. We've got a Lilly coming to Otakon as well, and if my friend ends up going she'll be a Rin. Should be a lot of fun!
Fffff. Suddenly must learn to sew.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I'm totally going to have to meet up with you and get pictures, because this is beyond awesome.
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

KS girls in 3-D?

:oops:
Imagine me and you...
PCJedi

Post by PCJedi »

audiodoll wrote: Heh, thanks. We've got a Lilly coming to Otakon as well, and if my friend ends up going she'll be a Rin. Should be a lot of fun!
Out of curiosity, how's your friend planning on getting around the arms issue for Rin? Is she just planning on hiding them in her sleeves, or does she have some other plan?
Love is Blind. God is Love. Lilly is Blind.

Then, is Lilly God?
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Chicken-wing the arms?
静音是买外夫
audiodoll

Post by audiodoll »

Kari wrote:I'm totally going to have to meet up with you and get pictures, because this is beyond awesome.
Please feel free!
Vertical wrote:KS girls in 3-D?
:oops:
I hope you like it~
PCJedi wrote:Out of curiosity, how's your friend planning on getting around the arms issue for Rin? Is she just planning on hiding them in her sleeves, or does she have some other plan?
I believe she's been practicing binding her arms, so it would actually be like she was armless. I haven't seen it in action, but it sounds like it works really well, so I'm excited to see it!
Lattyware

Post by Lattyware »

Vertical wrote:KS girls in 3-D?
Do want.

I for one, think this is an awesome idea. Definitely want to see this.
Envy

Post by Envy »

I'd like to meet a Shizune cosplayer.

I would enjoy signing them signs and seeing them stumble or strike up a conversation with them and point out that Shizune doesn't speak the moment they open their mouth.