Birthday!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Valjean Lafitte

Re: Birthday!

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

What, no birthday wishes for burnt best girl?

Happy 26th Birthday, Hanako.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
brythain

Post by brythain »

Happy birthday, Lilly Satou! You've been the source of inspiration for many, many people. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
TubaMirum

Post by TubaMirum »

Oh no, I missed Lilly's birthday by five minutes :(

I could just pretend to be uh, Central instead of Eastern, right?
Gustav Mahler wrote:If you find you're boring your audience, go slower not faster.
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

A day late but still good.

brythain

Post by brythain »

Happy 29th birthday, Lilly Satou!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Anime Thighs

Happy Birthday Second Best Girl!!!

Post by Anime Thighs »

Lily is officially 29, born February 7, 1989.

Emi is still better tho
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

It's somewhat hard to picture Lilly nearly being 30.
Not Dead Yet
brythain

Post by brythain »

Oddball wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:59 pm It's somewhat hard to picture Lilly nearly being 30.
It's a good mental exercise. I've managed to get her up into her 80s, remember? :)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

brythain wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:37 pm
Oddball wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:59 pm It's somewhat hard to picture Lilly nearly being 30.
It's a good mental exercise. I've managed to get her up into her 80s, remember? :)
I'm actually working on something that puts the cast in their early 40s myself. It's not easy at times.
Not Dead Yet
b12c2018

Post by b12c2018 »

Oh no I just missed Shizune's birthday by 3 days! How could I!
I feel so bad about myself now...
Tkiss

"I lost so much when I came to Yamaku. I was... depending on you, more than I ever thought I did... After losing my entire life, and everyone I'd known, the thought of losing you, as well... I love you, Hanako. I love you so much, that the thought of losing you frightened me so much..." -- Scene Adulthood

=> Decided to love my wife every day
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

b12c2018 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:38 am Oh no I just missed Shizune's birthday by 3 days! How could I!
I feel so bad about myself now...
Shame on you. :P
Not Dead Yet
b12c2018

Post by b12c2018 »

Oddball wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:23 pm Shame on you. :P
Rubbing salt in my wounds :( .
Well, I do celebrate birthday week instead of birth date, so I guess I can still make up for it.
Since many people seem to treat Shizune as a jerk, on her birthday week I want to defend for her in my own words, and showing my love of her.

Overview
Shizune has a lot of positives. She has great potential, and she looks gorgeous too. Her main issue is that, maybe due to being deaf and being unable to communicate with her family, she doesn't know how to interact with people properly. In other words, she lacks interpersonal skills. She admits this in the game too. While lacking interpersonal skills really hurts, having a boyfriend can easily change things around. Love is a powerful force.
She reminded me about my past self. When I was in high school, I also lacked interpersonal skills. I was harsh to others, and I pushed people away. I was also very serious in matters, and pushed myself really hard. However, I fell in love with somebody, and since then I changed dramatically, patching up my communication skills significantly, and most of my problems were solved. Therefore, I believe that with her boyfriend around, given time her potentials will shine. This is the reason I love her so much. Her prospects are spectacular.

Why Shizune is a great girl
1. Smart, competitive
No need to explain. Dominates in Risk. Beats Hanako in chess. Pushes herself as hard as she could.

2. Kind and caring
She may look selfish, but she is actually a kind girl. She just doesn't know how to deal with people properly. Here are some examples.
- "I'm angry that I screwed things up enough for it to get this out of hand. All I wanted was to... Make people happy, I think." <Grand Strategy>
- She prepared food and drink multiple times to her fellow members.
- Helped Hanako when she had a panic attack, trying to consolate her by rubbing her shoulder. <Falling>
- Wants to be a philanthropist

3. Self-conscious
She knows her problems, and is trying to adjust herself as much as possible. This is important.

4. EQ
Never cries. Great determination. Never gives up. Not much to explain.

5. Responsible
Also no need to explain, but quite important.

Shizune's future prospects
1. Love relationship
Misha goes overseas, so her only real friend is her boyfriend. Considering how smart and analytical she is, and that she wants to study business (which likely requires a lot of communication), she should realize that she probably needs her boyfriend as interpreter. And since Student Council is over, she should be able to spend more time with her boyfriend, making up for the loss time. Seeing how they communicate, I really think they make a great pair, as long as that idiot boy gets a bit more active showing love to his girlfriend (That one right before graduation was, in my opinion, quite a lame effort.). If both of them learn how to be a better boy/girlfriend, they should not have many problems. If anything goes wrong, Misha can help, even from overseas.

2. Career
Being smart and competitive, and with her family relationships, she has great potential in her career. Her strong EQ helps her. She can be a businesswoman or a manager. As long as her boyfriend is willing to sacrifice a bit for her ambitions, they should find little problems with their living. They can even strive for better living standards.

Conclusion
Out of all the girls, her future prospects is, in my opinion, the best. The other girls are no match. Lilly can come close to rival her, that's why Lilly is second best for me. Emi is too stubborn, and her grades are bad. Hanako is too fragile and her EQ is weak. Misha is ok but not spectacular. Rin I have no opinion. Because of all these, I have no hesitation choosing Shizune as my best KS girl.
Tkiss

"I lost so much when I came to Yamaku. I was... depending on you, more than I ever thought I did... After losing my entire life, and everyone I'd known, the thought of losing you, as well... I love you, Hanako. I love you so much, that the thought of losing you frightened me so much..." -- Scene Adulthood

b12c2018

Post by b12c2018 »

It is 10 Jul here in my timezone. Happy 29th birthday to (Sisterhood) Hanako!
Let me try something this time. Given my English level, hope that I did not mess up.

Dear Hanako,

Happy 29th birthday! I hope the message did not startle you :D .

Time flies. It's been 11 years since we've been together. I remembered the first year that we've met. On your birthday, you locked yourself in your room, not wanting to talk to anybody. I considered knocking on your door, trying to talk to you to see what's wrong. Fortunately, I received advice from Lilly in Scotland, and I instead retreated in my room, thinking about how to improve our relationship, and trusting you to show up again later. That proved to be the correct decision. You showed great courage by coming back to class later, and we ended up being together in a messy but also sweet manner.

The next year, I surprised you by visiting you in the library after morning classes in Kasshoku. It was there that we rekindled our love to each other, and we had a nice birthday party in Shanghai with Lilly, Akira, Naomi and Jun. I still enjoy those happy memories.

Despite our medical (and psychological) conditions, we have lived until now. There were a few tense moments of my heart flutters and your panic attacks, but we have gone through everything. I still love you deeply, scars and all, and I know you love me the same way.

You know that I have been pondering whether to have babies, given our conditions. I talked to Karla last night, and she gave me a huge inspiration. I want to share it with you here:

"Despite the fact that it attracts many stares, and that she certainly doesn't like it, her scars are actually an evidence of the true, undying love of her parents. They may not be with her physically, but they still live in her, in her scars. She is their hope, and only hope, in this world. Therefore, Hanako needs to be proud of them. She must strive to live on, and continue her parents' spirit by sharing the same true love to the ones surrounding her. You two must have babies, no matter how hard it is to have one, and teach them to love others as well."

How am I not moved by her words! Therefore, while I understand that my heart condition might pass on, I am now determined to have babies with you. Preferably more than one. Good news is, it looks like scars do not hinder that much on that matter. I searched the web and read a story about a woman named Kelly, whose body was burned over 75% at two years old, and she got pregnant 3 times, once even with twins. Remember I told you back in Scotland, that you would be a great mommy? I still think the same, after knowing your for 11 years. Now that we don't need to worry about our living, and that we are financially sufficient, I think it is time for us to expand our family. What do you think?

I need to go back to my research work now. As a birthday wish on my part, let's hope that I can, with my team of PhD students, find something to cure, or at least strengthen, my heart condition. As for you, how about wishing for a third member to our family? Anyway, see you at home tonight. We have a party with our family, remember? We have quite a few people: My parents, Your parents, Akira plus Yuichi and their children have come back from Scotland, and, of course, Lilly and her husband. Let's have fun tonight.

Love and Kisses,
Hisao
Tkiss