Birthday!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

-abscess

Re: Happy Birthday, Miki!

Post by -abscess »

Silentcook wrote:
Shockproof Jamo wrote:Has it ever been officially decided what exactly took Miki's hand? Frostbite? Buzz saw accident? Amputated due to deformation? Some weird accident during a fisting session?
ALL OF THE ABOVE. :twisted:
So... She was fisting some other girl (or guy) but this person was incredibly cold that she got frostbite. This caused her hand to get stuck, which wouldn't have normally happened if her hand didn't have some kind of deformity; so she proceeded to do the only option left to un-stuck yourself from a cadaveric hole, chopped her arm with a buzz saw.
Well, now that you put it that way, it's so obvious that it hurts not having thought about it in the first place! :mrgreen:
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

-abscess wrote:So... She was fisting some other girl (or guy) but this person was incredibly cold that she got frostbite. This caused her hand to get stuck, which wouldn't have normally happened if her hand didn't have some kind of deformity; so she proceeded to do the only option left to un-stuck yourself from a cadaveric hole, chopped her arm with a buzz saw.
Well, now that you put it that way, it's so obvious that it hurts not having thought about it in the first place! :mrgreen:
She must have been fisting someone who was already frozen dead...
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Mikage-sama

Post by Mikage-sama »

^Or a snowman.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

lol! she was fisting a snowman, got her deformed hand frozen and then had a friend cut it with a saw.
before she fainted out of blood loss she probably said "Thanks, I didn't like it anyway"
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Fisting snowmen and cutting off her own hand leads me to believe that she is not in Yamaku for physical reasons...
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Why does she have bandages on that stump anyway? Maybe she got amputated recently or.... she keeps picking at it. Squick.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

kosherbacon wrote:Why does she have bandages on that stump anyway? Maybe she got amputated recently or.... she keeps picking at it. Squick.
Maybe she's just a really big Michael Jackson fan?
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

kosherbacon wrote:Why does she have bandages on that stump anyway? Maybe she got amputated recently or.... she keeps picking at it. Squick.
Maybe she's got a complex about it like Hanako has about her burns. However, because it's simple enough that she can cover it up, she's able to cope with it.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Sajomir wrote:
Maybe she's got a complex about it like Hanako has about her burns. However, because it's simple enough that she can cover it up, she's able to cope with it.
Well, even if she cover's it up, you still would know that the hand is missing. If she wanted to look more normal, she could wear long sleeved shirts and tie off the stub, like Rin. Actually, I never really thought about it until now, but Miki wears a boy's collared shirt and a tie like Rin, but with short sleeves.
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

I figure the bandages are there for one of three reasons:
  • The bandages are there to help define the missing limb. It's a relatively small depiction in a rather crowded scene; maybe the artist worried that the nature of the missing hand might be overlooked or misinterpreted- that it's being held back at an angle, for example, and just out of view instead of being completely absent. Putting the bandages there helps identify the stump as just that.
  • The artist didn't realize that the bandages aren't really necessary, drew them in, and moved on to the next kid down the line.
  • KS house style. Here in wacky everybody-has-problems land, missing bits (like hands) get bandages because all physical disabilities illustrated within the game have something to draw attention to them. The dude with the bandage over his ear also comes to mind. This reason might dovetail with reason 1 as well.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

If I was missing a hang, I'd cover the remaining "space" where the hand should be with something just out of embarrassment or to make a slight illusion and some times just forget about the missing hand, with the limb reminding me of a tragic accident or something. Perhaps Miki uses bandages for this.

Or maybe it just looks ugly enough she wants to cover it with something. OR she MUST wrap it in bandages because of a strange sickness I personally don't know about.
Then again maybe it's just that she just lost her hand recently thus explaining why she has the bandages (after using a limb, or part of it, doesn't it require quite some future treatment because of any complications like blood infections etc.?)
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

And if I was missing a hand, I'd get a bitchin' rad tattoo.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Unfortunately what ever the reason, i don't think we'll ever know. Unless Miki ends up in the final release or one of the devs says something.
Mikage-sama

Post by Mikage-sama »

^Or someone says so in red text.
Moekki
Artist

Post by Moekki »

i added them to make the design more interesting. miki wears them because she likes bandages