Birthday!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
bhtooefr
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

Re: Birthday!

Post by bhtooefr » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:01 am

You actually can rent a car before 25, it just costs.

A lot.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!

User avatar
AussieInquisitor
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 11:18 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Birthday!

Post by AussieInquisitor » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:17 am

Sohtak wrote:
Ahhhh. That would make alot more sense. I thought it took place is 2012 since it was released in 2012...although that WOULD explain the flip-phones...
You'd be surprised on the latter point - I own a brand new 'flip phone' myself, so they're still in circulation these days.

Oh, and happy birthday, Hanako.
Tha gaol agam ort, Lilly. Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic.

"I think I can hear SlientCook building more Sorry Corners from the remains of cooked threads to cope with the demand."
- Rhodri, 07/04/2015

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Birthday!

Post by Comrade » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:25 am

I suggest that as part of the celebration we'll all buy a pink flip phone
EDIT: ah, post 1000. Again
Last edited by Comrade on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Sohtak
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Birthday!

Post by Sohtak » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:26 am

Comrade wrote:I suggest that as part of the celebration we'll all buy a pink flip phone
And don't forget the flower attachment :P

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Birthday!

Post by Comrade » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:28 am

Sohtak wrote:
Comrade wrote:I suggest that as part of the celebration we'll all buy a pink flip phone
And don't forget the flower attachment :P
Mine will have a badass heart instead
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Birthday!

Post by CoffeeDrive » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:56 am

Happy birthday Hanako. Dont go hiding in your room all day.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

User avatar
Pyramid Head
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Birthday!

Post by Pyramid Head » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:58 pm

Comrade wrote:
Sohtak wrote:
Atario wrote:Happy 25th, Hanako. You can finally rent a car!
25th?! what?

2012 - 1994 - 18

2014 - 1994 - 20

She would be 20 at best I think...unless I missed something in her story? It's entirely possible with me :P
KS takes place in 2007, the year work on the project begun.
I'll have to double check the specific section, but i'm pretty sure there was a date and day drop that set Katawa Shoujo in 2012.
...or 2005 but that seems a little unlikely.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

User avatar
SpecimenSix
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:12 am

Re: Birthday!

Post by SpecimenSix » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:05 pm

Happy Birthday Hanako. Hope your day is filled with lots of chocolate. :P
I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Birthday!

Post by Comrade » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:06 pm

It was on 2007 because of something with the birthday party falling on monday or something and that only happened in 2007...
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Pyramid Head
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Birthday!

Post by Pyramid Head » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:29 pm

Comrade wrote:It was on 2007 because of something with the birthday party falling on monday or something and that only happened in 2007...
No way that's right. Could you dig up a reference for that? I'm trying to find that date drop in some scripts since my current computer can't run Katawa Shuojo, but i'm having problems tracking it down.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Birthday!

Post by Comrade » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:33 pm

There are plenty of refrences to that on the forums. Just use the search feature
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Pyramid Head
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Birthday!

Post by Pyramid Head » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Comrade wrote:There are plenty of refrences to that on the forums. Just use the search feature
That's not going to help me any because it will also come up with results for the fanfiction threads. How about you use your own web history or give me the arc and chapter so i can look it up properly?
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: Birthday!

Post by Comrade » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:47 pm

Pyramid Head wrote:
Comrade wrote:There are plenty of refrences to that on the forums. Just use the search feature
That's not going to help me any because it will also come up with results for the fanfiction threads. How about you use your own web history or give me the arc and chapter so i can look it up properly?
Look, the VN never mentions a year but an event on Lillynako arc is given a date, and a day and by crossing that information with a calander is the only viable option. I've already been in a discussion like this before, can't remember where.
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Pyramid Head
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:00 pm
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Birthday!

Post by Pyramid Head » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:11 pm

...oh for fucks sake...

I kept digging. I remembered an explicit date drop happened in the prologue, and sure enough, during the encounter with Lilly and Rin after Hisao's first trip to the market, Lilly tells Rin that it's "Friday, the eighth of June."

June 8th was a Friday in both 2007 and 2012.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

bhtooefr
Posts: 1353
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

Re: Birthday!

Post by bhtooefr » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:20 pm

During Act 1?

Act 1 was released in 2009, for what it's worth.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!

Post Reply