Who was your first Katawa Shoujo Girl?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
OtakuNinja

Re: Who was your first Katawa Shoujo Girl?

Post by OtakuNinja » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:24 pm

apackofbadgers wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:45 pm
First time I played I was 'honest' with myself and got Kenji.
Ayyy Kenji Squad :lol: I got him too when I did an honest "9 years later" replay of the game this year
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(2021, still an active fan. Planning to continue my KS YouTube series this year.)

Oddball

Post by Oddball » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:40 pm

apackofbadgers wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:45 pm
I was so deep in the 'she is too shy to go outside' mindset that I didn't even check the guide and chose to stay inside.
Good.

Playing the game with a guide to tell you what choices to pick takes away all the fun.
Not Dead Yet

notnotguest

Post by notnotguest » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:48 pm

Ironically, I managed to get all the good endings of the actual routes on the first try (without a guide) with the exception of Rin's.

For Lilly, I tried to just play honestly (i.e. as I would normally answer), but luckily, I'm an honest person and her route requires you to be honest.

Iceconsciousness

Post by Iceconsciousness » Mon May 03, 2021 3:49 pm

notnotguest wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:48 pm
For Lilly, I tried to just play honestly (i.e. as I would normally answer), but luckily, I'm an honest person and her route requires you to be honest.
I remember discovering that, after getting Lilly's neutral ending, I had made only one incorrect choice that landed me there. It would have saved me the heartbreak if I had only chosen differently there, but of course I didn't know at the time. However, I suppose it's better to have gotten the neutral ending first so I could experience the much better good ending last and finish her route on a high note.

As for the others, I don't remember having trouble with them, save for a few choices on Rin's route, perhaps.

OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja » Mon May 03, 2021 4:30 pm

Iceconsciousness wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:49 pm
As for the others, I don't remember having trouble with them, save for a few choices on Rin's route, perhaps.
Meanwhile I failed at Shizune's route :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(2021, still an active fan. Planning to continue my KS YouTube series this year.)

orian34

Post by orian34 » Wed May 05, 2021 4:02 pm

The first time I fell into the newbie trap and got Emi.
Then the second time, I went and ended up doing Rin's route to the end.
I didn't understand why people said her choices were so confusing, until I later saw the paths. I was just glad I managed to feel it out, that was when my life changed.
Aura wrote:I rather do something I actually like on my free time, even if it means I lose the opportunity to financially exploit my fans.

ArcCain

Post by ArcCain » Mon May 24, 2021 6:09 pm

orian34 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:02 pm
The first time I fell into the newbie trap and got Emi.
Then the second time, I went and ended up doing Rin's route to the end.
I didn't understand why people said her choices were so confusing, until I later saw the paths. I was just glad I managed to feel it out, that was when my life changed.
Yeah, to get Rin blind you kinda have to be indecisive and non-committal, which carries over well into her route considering Hisao's mind.

By the by, I never got how so many people got caught by the 'Comfort' choice in Shizune's route. Always felt it pretty natural what it implied. When I came to it I was surprised the game would give me such a clear 'this is a bad idea' choice.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.

DawnCloud

Post by DawnCloud » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:26 pm

for my first run I also just went with whatever choices I felt I'd make in that situation, and ended up with Emi as well.

while Lilly ended up being my favourite girl, and my favourite route, I feel like in a real life scenario Emi would probably be a better, healthier relationship for me. the way I see it, Lilly is like the fairytale romance, while Emi is the slightly more 'realistic' option (but good nonetheless, she is still my second favourite!)

notnotguest

Post by notnotguest » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:08 am

ArcCain wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 6:09 pm
By the by, I never got how so many people got caught by the 'Comfort' choice in Shizune's route. Always felt it pretty natural what it implied. When I came to it I was surprised the game would give me such a clear 'this is a bad idea' choice.

Perhaps some people did not want to understand.