10 Years anniversary and what would you like to see?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YourLastHope

10 Years anniversary and what would you like to see?

Post by YourLastHope »

I'm finishing shizune route, and after this I will just need to do Emi before finish all routes. Anyway, I think that a 10 years class reunion would be a good idea. Would be great to see how everyone would grown-up, how did they turn out to be in the society, if Hisao survived the 10 years and how did he think about this.
The sad part of this would be the "which route" he would be. It's even more unlike to see this happen with every route, or something like that, and none would be strange to see.
Anyway, what everyone else think about this?
ArcCain

Re: 10 Years anniversary and what would you like to see?

Post by ArcCain »

Well, we have some author head cannon to work with. Keep in mind that I may misremember some things here;

Hisao and Lilly's ending makes it seem like they are going to stay together for some time. If I recall correctly Lilly was planning on becoming a teacher and with Hisao's interests in science it is likely they'd both be able to go to some high end university together to continue their relationship. If it would hold or not is unclear and judging by the devs attitude to the relationships it is unlikely.

Edit; Although I think it would be the most long lasting of the relationships with the possible exception being Hanako.

Hivemind stated in the Ask! thread how he saw it as unlikely that Emi and Hisao would stay together. She'd probably either go pro or become a PT whereas Hisao would pursue science. As few schools would be able to accommodate their different career paths they'd ultimately decide to end it, albeit on good terms. Many years later when Emi is dating another woman she would receive a call from the gang telling her of Hisao's passing and planned funeral. According to him she'd cry at the news.

Hisao and Shizune both agree to end their relationship by the end as both wish to go different paths in life, however they will most certainly stay in touch. If I recall Shizune and Misha mention something about them wanting to meet up some years later and look back on things with a smile.

Rin and Hisao would probably end up in a similar situation as Emi's route. Their relationship is certainly the hardest one to peg but its good ending is certainly uplifting, not to mention open-ended. I would however personally give them more time than Hisao and Emi after graduation as their relationship only really got going at the very end.

Hisao and Hanako are probably the most speculated one seeing how much fanfiction there is, but we do also have Crud's Runner's Afternoon 1&2 as well as Final Finale 1-4.

https://cplcrud.wordpress.com/4ls-era-f ... afternoon/

https://cplcrud.wordpress.com/4ls-era-f ... le-part-1/

Regardless on how long she and Hisao stays together however it seems like she's finally about to move out of her shell and start a new life, something we see part of in Lilly's route.

Personally I do like Mike's rendition;
Last edited by ArcCain on Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

ArcCain wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:22 pm Many years later when Emi is dating another woman she would receive a call from the gang telling her of Hisao's passing and planned funeral. According to him she'd cry at the news.
Wait, Emi is bi? That's something I either forgot or didn't know about. ^^

Personally I would want to see into Kenji's future :lol:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
brythain

Post by brythain »

OtakuNinja wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:33 pm Personally I would want to see into Kenji's future :lol:
I gave it a shot: here.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

OtakuNinja wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:33 pm Wait, Emi is bi? That's something I either forgot or didn't know about. ^^

I don't think it's mentioned or even hinted at in the game. If it is it's very subtle. Although, I guess all EmixMiki fanfic writers can rejoice. xD
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

brythain wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:20 pm
OtakuNinja wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:33 pm Personally I would want to see into Kenji's future :lol:
Looking forward to it :)
brythain

Post by brythain »

OtakuNinja wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:44 am
brythain wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:20 pm
Looking forward to it :)
The main pain is really that those of us who tried seeing the future of the KS characters have this alt-universe 2020 where a worldwide plague didn't happen. I suppose it is a major point of divergence. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

brythain wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:51 am The main pain is really that those of us who tried seeing the future of the KS characters have this alt-universe 2020 where a worldwide plague didn't happen. I suppose it is a major point of divergence. :)
It's not that huge of an issue. Lots of people either write their stories as ten years later which would be 2017. (Even the future of KS is set in the past). Either that or they'll jump much further ahead. Few people write 13 years later, stories.
Not Dead Yet
brythain

Post by brythain »

Oddball wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:51 pm Few people write 13 years later, stories.
Now you're just mocking me... :D
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

OtakuNinja wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:33 pm
ArcCain wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:22 pm Many years later when Emi is dating another woman she would receive a call from the gang telling her of Hisao's passing and planned funeral. According to him she'd cry at the news.

Oh, and it just hit me watching a recap of Rin's path that it is implied she and Rin had some adventures in bed up until 'recently' in Rin's path, implying she 'ended it' with Emi following her meeting with Hisao.

Or for messing up her hair.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

ArcCain wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:51 pm
OtakuNinja wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:33 pm

Oh, and it just hit me watching a recap of Rin's path that it is implied she and Rin had some adventures in bed up until 'recently' in Rin's path, implying she 'ended it' with Emi following her meeting with Hisao.

Or for messing up her hair.
Now that is something I can see, but not something I can remember reading. Did you mean the "insta feels" recap?
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

OtakuNinja wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:18 pm
Now that is something I can see, but not something I can remember reading. Did you mean the "insta feels" recap?
No, it was MacDaddyMatty Mattyd's October review of Rin.

Grayest

Post by Grayest »

So for me, I would love to see 4LS do once last artbook for the 10th anniversary, the last artbook came out around 5 years ago now. And that's what I think will realistically happen.

But what I would love to see is 4LS basically change the license to KS so the community basically owns it. I mean KS will probably last longer than they want to maintain it anyways, and they haven't even really been maintaining it that much to begin with.

I would also love to see a resurgence in popularity for the VN, which I think is pretty realistic. Although just HOW big depends. I mean it may or may not become as big as DDLC was, but I think a resurgence of some sort is guaranteed.

And lastly, I personally would love to try to get a few people to host a KS fan panel at a con in 2022, but that could be more of a pipe dream than anything. I remember seeing a fan panel for KS that was posted WAYYY back in summer 2012 and just thought it would be neat for something like that to happen again 10 years later. :mrgreen:
What if the real 'Best girl' was the friends we made along the way?
Iceconsciousness

Post by Iceconsciousness »

Grayest wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:23 pm So for me, I would love to see 4LS do once last artbook for the 10th anniversary, the last artbook came out around 5 years ago now. And that's what I think will realistically happen.
I agree. Another artbook would be nice, and I think I would be satisfied with this. However, I think something more would certainly be reasonable for such an important milestone.

A resurgence in popularity would be nice as well, though I think if that were to happen it would end up being bigger than the original popularity surge. Of course, a lot of VNs hit a ten year anniversary with no noticeable celebration of any sort, though I think if by some stretch of the imagination it were to become immensely popular, a celebration would follow.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I agree. Another artbook would be nice, and I think I would be satisfied with this. However, I think something more would certainly be reasonable for such an important milestone.
I could think of at least two idea for artbooks that would be a nice way to celebrate the milestone.

Something acknowledging the passage of time such as a "where are they now" theme or a "ten years later".

Or they could do a "Katawa Shoujo II (and 3 and four, and other sequels you're never going to see)" book.
Not Dead Yet