10 Years anniversary and what would you like to see?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Grayest

Re: 10 Years anniversary and what would you like to see?

Post by Grayest »

Oddball wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:52 am
I agree. Another artbook would be nice, and I think I would be satisfied with this. However, I think something more would certainly be reasonable for such an important milestone.

Or they could do a "Katawa Shoujo II (and 3 and four, and other sequels you're never going to see)" book.
this would be pretty damn funny. But yeah I agree, I think a resurgence in popularity would be reasonable, too. I think the game had a popularity spike in late 2018/early 2019 but I'm not entirely sure why.
What if the real 'Best girl' was the friends we made along the way?
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

A passage of time book would be pretty nice.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Hisaomoya

Post by Hisaomoya »

So I love this game, played it in middle school in 2012, and I come back to often so I'm not new to the game (is it really a game or is it a way of life?). Anyways, I just realized it débuted in 2012. This whole time I totally thought it came out in like 2007. Wow. It's really cool to know that I got to experience this game that soon after it came out.

I'd like to see a 1080p remaster. There were a few instances of fans trying to do it but they didn't seem to go anywhere because the low resolution is ingrained into the game for whatever reason. I know it'd be effort, but it wouldn't be wasted. Imagine if they released it on steam? Imagine the amount of new followers it would get. On second thought, maybe it'd be nicer to just leave the game to the hardcore fans and let new fans trickle in naturally like they have been for the last 9 years. Or they could, yaknow, silently release a 1080p remaster on the 4leaf website on the date and not tell a soul. But we'd know. :wink:
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

So I love this game, played it in middle school in 2012, and I come back to often so I'm not new to the game (is it really a game or is it a way of life?). Anyways, I just realized it débuted in 2012. This whole time I totally thought it came out in like 2007. Wow. It's really cool to know that I got to experience this game that soon after it came out.
Development on the game started in 2007.

Also that's when the game is set. That might be where you got confused.
Not Dead Yet
Iceconsciousness

Post by Iceconsciousness »

Hisaomoya wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:07 am Imagine if they released it on steam? Imagine the amount of new followers it would get. On second thought, maybe it'd be nicer to just leave the game to the hardcore fans and let new fans trickle in naturally like they have been for the last 9 years. Or they could, yaknow, silently release a 1080p remaster on the 4leaf website on the date and not tell a soul. But we'd know.
I've always been on the fence about the game being released on steam, mainly due to the fact that a relatively sudden and large influx of fans may not necessarily be a good thing. I like it better the way it is now for the reason you've stated- the constant but slow increase of fans seems like the better of the two, even if it means that the fan community is quieter and less active than it would otherwise be.

As for a 1080p release, that would be a nice treat, and I don't think it would be too much to ask considering the importance of this milestone. I've also thought that a music remaster would be nice, but the more I think about it the more I realize it is probably entirely unnecessary as the music quality seems to hold up pretty well, and in doing so we would probably end up doing more harm than good anyway.