Spinocerebellar Ataxia

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Spinocerebellar Ataxia

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It seems a cure for Saki's condition might not be too far off.

I just saw a report on a successful treatment of an infant suffering from Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 1
The treatment seems to be effective after only one injection - though that one injection is priced at a ridiculous 2,1 million $.
Luckily the child was born in Germany so the treatment was covered by health insurance.

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 80179/full

Type 1 is probably not the kind Saki suffers from (or she wouldn't have survived beyond infancy) but apparently similar treatments of other types are also in the works i.e. for Type 3 (which might be what Saki is suffering from).

http://www.uniqure.com/gene-therapy/pipeline.php

So if Saki manages to hold on till 2020 she might be okay after all.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Oddball

Re: Spinocerebellar Ataxia

Post by Oddball »

I can just picture Saki going, "Wait. I'm going to live? Man, that just throws a monkey wrench into everything I had planned."
Not Dead Yet
brythain

Post by brythain »

Oddball wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:32 am I can just picture Saki going, "Wait. I'm going to live? Man, that just throws a monkey wrench into everything I had planned."
Think of all the fanfic authors: "Wait. She's going to live? Man, that just throws a monkey wrench into everything I had planned."
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

brythain wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:47 am
Oddball wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:32 am I can just picture Saki going, "Wait. I'm going to live? Man, that just throws a monkey wrench into everything I had planned."
Think of all the fanfic authors: "Wait. She's going to live? Man, that just throws a monkey wrench into everything I had planned."
:lol:

That might just be a bit more accurate. :wink:
Not Dead Yet
Razoredge

Post by Razoredge »

Oh fuck, this will destroy everything I would have planned for her for a future FF.

(Joke asides: If this thing becomes real, it will be a wonderful news)
Lilly = Akira > Miki = Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune

Stuff I'm currently writing : Beyond the haze : A Lilly Satou pseudo-route, Lullaby of an open heart : A Saki pseudo-route & Sakura Blossom : A way with Hisao
Grayest

Post by Grayest »

And then it fails to work for her and her plans that she made to live a full life are gone and she has to go back to her old plans :D
What if the real 'Best girl' was the friends we made along the way?