KS CYOA threads

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ClckwrkLoyale

KS CYOA threads

Post by ClckwrkLoyale »

Seriously guys, Stop it, If you don't want the game to be trolled to hell, lessen the creation of threads in the boards you're in(/a/,/d/,/u/,/jp ,etc), One thread is enough for the front page, you guys don't need to flood the front page with KS threads, It's not like it's mandatory to make 5 threads about Katawa Shoujo every hour.

Also, for questions, discoveries, ideas and opinions, This forum is there for that.

If you guys really can't resist, At least try waiting for a few hours before you try to make another KS thread.
“If I would be in the company of priests in heaven, I would rather go to hell,”
HeavensSinner

Re: KS threads on 4chan

Post by HeavensSinner »

It's the internet, people tend to be jackasses.
AppreciativeUser

Post by AppreciativeUser »

This thread is filled with truth.

Seriously, anyone on 4chan who cares about the game has already heard about it. No need to parade it around the front page every moment of every day.
BustRobot

Post by BustRobot »

I hardly think it's that bad. Many of threads die off after 20 or so posts, and 1 out of 5 are actually pretty good threads/discussions, all things considered. And besides, from what I've seen it's only been the occasional few who've been trolling said threads.

The amount of threads posted of KS is hardly at what I would call "troll-spamming" levels. Then again, this may be because I'm in Britain and I'm on during the slower periods for the most part.
Open up our narrow minds.
WASSHOI

Post by WASSHOI »

People troll any thread regardless, I seriously don't think it makes much of a difference. You also have to take into account not all posts that seem to put KS down are trolls. There are people who really do feel that KS is bad, and people who really do feel it isn't *insert board here* material. "Troll" is used way too loosely nowadays, any post that disagrees with popular opinion is considered a troll now.

Also consider the fact that the demo was released very recently. Everything that is relatively new and considered big news by a fraction of the frequent posters is bound to get spammed around the first few days. It always happens, I don't understand why people don't realize that the initial hype will eventually die down. And usually, on /a/ I see 1 major KS thread and whatever minor ones that are made die out. The major thread is usually the one where all the discussion takes place.

I can't say the same for /jp/ though, but that would partially be because /jp/ threads move slower than /a/ threads and stay alive a lot longer. With everyone telling /a/ posters to go to /jp/ there are some /a/ posters who are too used to /a/'s post speed. So they get to /jp/ where they figure they'd have a nicer discussion. Now, because /jp/ gets spammed by all these /a/ posters, some of them are going to be pissed off. But that's a different story.

That aside, just ignore them. If you want, humor them a bit and play along. But you shouldn't take things too seriously bro.
Last edited by WASSHOI on Tue May 05, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

It's dumb if people make too many threads, but for the most part it's died down to a moderate amount. When people aren't trolling, I like discussing the game on 4chan and I hope it stays that way.

When Wanko to Kurasou got translated, the same thing happened. it'll die down.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Trying to control the post flow of 4chan is like trying to control an avalanche of shit. I don't really know much about how the etiquette should go, and I certainly won't try to figure it out. If the 4chan mods feel that there are too many threads on the same topic, then they will handle it. But seeing the average number of Touhou/K-ON threads on their respective boards, the influx of KS threads (many of which had reasonable and lenghty discussion. at least last week) hardly seems like the end of the world. Besides trolling is one of the most popular pastimes on 4chan no matter what, I don't give a shit whether people troll with KS threads, troll KS threads or troll without KS threads. It's of course a good idea to act in a sensible and polite manner, but saying this in the context of 4chan feels a bit futile.

As a sidenote, the entire dev team has a combined total of exactly one KS thread created since last Wednesday (the first release thread on /jp/ was made by us). We don't have much incentive to post more threads since the rest of the users make and fill more threads than anyone has time to read.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Melancholyanon

Post by Melancholyanon »

Aura wrote:Trying to control the post flow of 4chan is like trying to control an avalanche of shit. I don't really know much about how the etiquette should go, and I certainly won't try to figure it out. If the 4chan mods feel that there are too many threads on the same topic, then they will handle it. But seeing the average number of Touhou/K-ON threads on their respective boards, the influx of KS threads (many of which had reasonable and lenghty discussion. at least last week) hardly seems like the end of the world. Besides trolling is one of the most popular pastimes on 4chan no matter what, I don't give a shit whether people troll with KS threads, troll KS threads or troll without KS threads. It's of course a good idea to act in a sensible and polite manner, but saying this in the context of 4chan feels a bit futile.

As a sidenote, the entire dev team has a combined total of exactly one KS thread created since last Wednesday (the first release thread on /jp/ was made by us). We don't have much incentive to post more threads since the rest of the users make and fill more threads than anyone has time to read.
GAY!bar is convinced that all of the threads are made by devs. Apparently that's all you do all day.
ClckwrkLoyale

Post by ClckwrkLoyale »

Melancholyanon wrote:
Aura wrote:Trying to control the post flow of 4chan is like trying to control an avalanche of shit. I don't really know much about how the etiquette should go, and I certainly won't try to figure it out. If the 4chan mods feel that there are too many threads on the same topic, then they will handle it. But seeing the average number of Touhou/K-ON threads on their respective boards, the influx of KS threads (many of which had reasonable and lenghty discussion. at least last week) hardly seems like the end of the world. Besides trolling is one of the most popular pastimes on 4chan no matter what, I don't give a shit whether people troll with KS threads, troll KS threads or troll without KS threads. It's of course a good idea to act in a sensible and polite manner, but saying this in the context of 4chan feels a bit futile.

GAY!bar is convinced that all of the threads are made by devs. Apparently that's all you do all day.
That's something personal though.

On /a/'s case, It's good to see that the Mods are quite tolerant about KS, but if it gets out of hand and it starts to become spammed in the front page, it would mean thread deletion everytime someone starts a KS thread.

I for one, am against this, Since compared to almost ALL forums, /a/ happens to have the most decent discussion I've seen for KS, If not, for all anime and manga.
“If I would be in the company of priests in heaven, I would rather go to hell,”
WASSHOI

Post by WASSHOI »

ClckwrkLoyale wrote: On /a/'s case, It's good to see that the Mods are quite tolerant about KS, but if it gets out of hand and it starts to become spammed in the front page, it would mean thread deletion everytime someone starts a KS thread.

I for one, am against this, Since compared to almost ALL forums, /a/ happens to have the most decent discussion I've seen for KS, If not, for all anime and manga.
The amount of threads on /a/ I've seen have died down from the initial release. As I've said before, I usually only see one main KS thread at a time. The rest are sub-threads that die out quickly. I don't think it'd be a problem, mods tolerate a lot more on /a/. Unless someone decides to get a spambot to create threads that really fill up /a/ then I don't see it getting out of hand.
Tarage

Post by Tarage »

Realize that the devs have no control over the threads that are made, and nor do the fans.

In actuality, it's probably some moron who needs to luck more finding out about it, then posting on /a/ expecting to be praised for bringing something new. Noobs are noobs.
Nack

Post by Nack »

The only board where you can actually discuss the game is /v/ for some reason. It's funny since this isn't techically a game, so It shouldn't belong there, but hey, we also have Yume Miru Kusuri threads ocassionally and we are loving this VN as much as YMK.

So, now you know it, if you want to discuss this on 4chan, post it on /v/.
Xynar

Post by Xynar »

I've seen a zillion /a/ threads. Honestly I think KS is more /a/ material then /v/. /v/ will just scream "FUCKING WEEABOOS!! EPIC FAIL!! GTFO!!!"
I choose Lilly... because love is blind!
Nack

Post by Nack »

Believe me, we don't, and I know how /v/ behaves. But really, we've had like 10+ KS threads in the past 2 or 3 days, and they always 404 "naturally". Of course there's always the ocassional SAGE SAGE LOL poster, but nothing serious really.
Envy

Post by Envy »

ClckwrkLoyale wrote:Seriously guys, Stop it, If you don't want the game to be trolled to hell, lessen the creation of threads in the boards you're in(/a/,/d/,/u/,/jp ,etc), One thread is enough for the front page, you guys don't need to flood the front page with KS threads, It's not like it's mandatory to make 5 threads about Katawa Shoujo every hour.
You speak as if everyone who visits this board is directly responsible for all the KS threads on 4chan.

Even if you were somehow able to address everyone who has made a KS thread recently I doubt a statement like 'Stop making threads about something new, original (sort of) and popular' would go down well. A surge of attention within the first week of Act 1 being released is hardly going to tear this project to shreds or cause any serious, lasting resentment towards it.