KS CYOA threads

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Umaguma

Re: KS threads on 4chan

Post by Umaguma »

Well a Schedule would make things easier. Then again schedules seem get scrambled if 4chan goes down. Though it seems that you and Richter Bromont usually posts links to your threads, so if something does go ary then we at least have the archive to fall back on.
Yeah, no problem. Here's the link to the thread I just finished up.

http://archive.easymodo.net/cgi-board.p ... #p23727603
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

I already posted it on the previous page ;)
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

The Laughing Man wrote:That, and page 0 being filled with writefags might set some people off.
You say that like the existence of even a single one didn't piss people off...
SilverSol

Post by SilverSol »

Hmm Alternating days like Yamaku Man and Storyteller did before could work wonders, how many new writefriends are now? Bromont, laughning man and umaguma correct? i havent seen Storyteller in quite some time, and also [MC] who was doing the awesome Orange God story

Post by Guest »

It's obvious we need the schedule, or KS writefag threads will soon die a disorganized writhing blob. Although, in any case I can't see them quite reaching their previous steam with YM not posting at all.

Back to the topic though, I think it should probably be alternating days. Since there seem to be three obvious writefags as of this moment, just cycle around. I definitely think this is the best thing at the moment, because I can't help but think bromont's gonna get overworked doing this everyday. You guys should probably decide on a tentative time too. In the best case scenario, though, you writefags should just take liberty to aim to post it at any time you find convenient on the day. If you can't post on a day just come post that here since it makes it more simple to deal with.

So, if you're fine with the rotation thing, and this is just me randomly putting names/days down feel free to change it, why not do Laughing man on sunday, then uma on monday, and finally bromont on tuesday? That would help get a rotational system started. Not my decision or anything, just a suggestion.

If you want to do them on the same day though, at least try to work out a time schedule, because it is a bit pathetic when there are three writefag threads on the first few pages.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Laughing Man, if you do a story about KS in medieval times, will Emi have peg legs? Technologically that's as advanced as she could have.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
The Laughing Man

Post by The Laughing Man »

To the guest. This is a fantastic idea. The only other problem I could forsee with this is people's IRL schedules conflicting. Previous engagements and whatnot, though it does fall to the writer to figure these things out. I figured I'd attempt one tonight, and maybe again on Sunday. However, to make things easier, if there's someone else posting, I'll step aside, at least until we can figure every last detail out. It also gives me time to prepare.
G3n0c1de wrote:Laughing Man, if you do a story about KS in medieval times, will Emi have peg legs? Technologically that's as advanced as she could have.
It's still in the planning phase, and I'm right now deciding how to make it work as a CYOA game. But upon reading this, I thought of Emi with peglegs, which then led me to think pirates, which led to the thought of Emi standing on top of the prow of an airship screaming "RIN! ACCELERATE TO RAMMING SPEED!" Then I lol'd.

The technology level won't be advanced, but there will be some WIZARD DID IT moments. Anyone who's familiar with the Eberron D&D setting can vouch for me. She'll have metallic stumps, nothing overly fancy. And the other girls will be accomodated for.
WAHAHAHA I AM USING THE INTERNET
ccdr

Post by ccdr »

The Laughing Man wrote: "RIN! ACCELERATE TO RAMMING SPEED!"
if you don't do this I will be so pissed
She heard mermaids, so it follows that something is rotten in the state of Denmark. I have an everlasting cold, but luckily I’m terribly dishonest. I cling to that.
<NicolArmarfi> so yeah speed grapher was bad
<NicolArmarfi> damn i only watched it because i thought that it was about a mathematician
<NicolArmarfi> who graphs things incredibly fast

Post by Guest »

I thought of automail at first, but Rin would lose some of her moe with workable arms.
Umaguma

Post by Umaguma »

The Laughing Man wrote:To the guest. This is a fantastic idea. The only other problem I could forsee with this is people's IRL schedules conflicting. Previous engagements and whatnot, though it does fall to the writer to figure these things out. I figured I'd attempt one tonight, and maybe again on Sunday. However, to make things easier, if there's someone else posting, I'll step aside, at least until we can figure every last detail out. It also gives me time to prepare.
G3n0c1de wrote:Laughing Man, if you do a story about KS in medieval times, will Emi have peg legs? Technologically that's as advanced as she could have.
It's still in the planning phase, and I'm right now deciding how to make it work as a CYOA game. But upon reading this, I thought of Emi with peglegs, which then led me to think pirates, which led to the thought of Emi standing on top of the prow of an airship screaming "RIN! ACCELERATE TO RAMMING SPEED!" Then I lol'd.

The technology level won't be advanced, but there will be some WIZARD DID IT moments. Anyone who's familiar with the Eberron D&D setting can vouch for me. She'll have metallic stumps, nothing overly fancy. And the other girls will be accomodated for.
Yea I'd like to see your story later today. I'll step aside and maybe do one tommorow.
The Laughing Man

ccdr wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote: "RIN! ACCELERATE TO RAMMING SPEED!"
if you don't do this I will be so pissed
DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE
YOU ARE A PIRATE
Emi just got a character concept.

Tonight's festivites will be traditional, though. I want to finish this school dance thing. I promise it'll be fun.
Malus_Phasmatis

Post by Malus_Phasmatis »

The Laughing Man wrote:Emi with peglegs, which then led me to think pirates
The Laughing Man wrote:D&D
Calling it now, spyglass telescope leg incoming.
Last edited by Malus_Phasmatis on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Time and place are nothing. Constructs of a feeble mortal mind attempting to categorize and understand the world around it."
The Laughing Man

Malus_Phasmatis wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:Emi with peglegs, which then led me to think pirates
The Laughing Man wrote:D&D
Calling it now, spyglass telescope leg incoming.
Why would you think this? I most assuredly will not steal this idea from you and use it in my story. No, sir. I totally will not do this.
Malus_Phasmatis

Post by Malus_Phasmatis »

The Laughing Man wrote: Why would you think this? I most assuredly will not steal this idea from you and use it in my story. No, sir. I totally will not do this.
Bad inside joke. Old D&D campaign with a legendary man who had magical arms and a steam powered telescope for a leg. The greatest dragon slayer who ever lived.
Although he never lived, all of the rumors and tales about this great man were told by us about our resurrected skeleton friend who was encased in full plate armor.
"Time and place are nothing. Constructs of a feeble mortal mind attempting to categorize and understand the world around it."
The Laughing Man

Malus_Phasmatis wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote: Why would you think this? I most assuredly will not steal this idea from you and use it in my story. No, sir. I totally will not do this.
Bad inside joke. Old D&D campaign with a legendary man who had magical arms and a steam powered telescope for a leg. The greatest dragon slayer who ever lived.
Although he never lived, all of the rumors and tales about this great man were told by us about our resurrected skeleton friend who was encased in full plate armor.
I could spin some yarns with you about the many men that have come, lived, and died in my campaigns that I have ran and been part of. I'll give you the short version, but a half-orc luchadorre monk who wrestled a dragon, among many other characters.

If I go with a pirate Emi, I'll make her leg have slots for compasses, telescopes, maybe even a dagger or two. Or twelve.

Fuck, now I have to play this character.