Really really REALLY dumb questions

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

LeeEzekiel

Re: Really really REALLY dumb questions

Post by LeeEzekiel »

That's a relief. Things are hard enough for her without her being half blind.

Post by Guest »

You only lose about 20% of your side peripheral vision losing one eye. Try closing one eye and seeing how little your field of vision diminishes. It's far less than half.
ZettoSan

Post by ZettoSan »

Guest wrote:You only lose about 20% of your side peripheral vision losing one eye. Try closing one eye and seeing how little your field of vision diminishes. It's far less than half.
For Big Boss, it's was only like three percent and could still fire rockets with great accuracy.
I won't say 'See you tomorrow' because that would be like predicting the future, and I'm pretty sure I can't do that.
Jo-ou

Post by Jo-ou »

Guest wrote:You only lose about 20% of your side peripheral vision losing one eye. Try closing one eye and seeing how little your field of vision diminishes. It's far less than half.
More like 30% counting peripheric vision, plus loss of depth perception. Though poeple without depth perception learn to adjust and compensate for it after living without it for years, reportedly.
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

ZettoSan wrote:Emi - Do the stumps where the leg ends ever get sore? And if they do, would you want a guy to massage them for you?
Rin - Do you prefer walking around in sandals or slippers? And do you ever feel the need to have deodorant where your armpits would be?
Shizune - Are there sarcastic tones in sign language? And if you wanted to have sex with someone, would you sign "I want to fuck you" with the last sign being the middle finger?
Lilly - Do you ever wonder if people are making faces while they are talking to you? Would you take a class to learn echolocation?
Hanako - ...on second thought, considering I once confused a guy with a bad burn on his face for make up, and him telling me it's not... I dunno what to ask.
It's kinda weird that you ask it like they are real. (They aren't are they?!)

Anyway, I'll answer them as far as I know.
Emi: Try wearing rain boots, knee protectors or rubber glovers for a long time.
Rin: I think she always walks in what's easiest to take off (kinda sounds wrong).
Shizune: You see a number of times that she uses her handsigns in different ways, by making longer or faster strokes. Also her facial impressions tell you a lot about what the person is saying. And I'm not sure there is a sign for "fuck" in hand signalling, but you could always try using the letters themselves since they also have signs for all the 26 letter of the alphabet.
Lilly: Why would she wonder about that? It's childish and immature, you'd be making yourself a fool if you did that too a blind person. What do you think people are, bats? (Not sure if people can actually learn this, like in the Dare Devil film, but I don't think they can.)
Hanako: Not knowing what the guy looked like, I'm not sure if should laugh or cry about it..
"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"I'll tutor you." - Misha
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
Windyflox

Post by Windyflox »

How good is Lilly's english? For some reason it amuses me to think that she has a really thick geordie accent and swears like a sailor when speaking in english. :P
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Windyflox wrote:How good is Lilly's english? For some reason it amuses me to think that she has a really thick geordie accent and swears like a sailor when speaking in english. :P
I doubt that she'd even know a "bad word", she's from a (proper?) all-girls school. So most likely she didn't even get in contact with such words until she was transferred to this school.
"Anal." - Emi
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
Windyflox

Post by Windyflox »

Xevo wrote: I doubt that she'd even know a "bad word", she's from a (proper?) all-girls school. So most likely she didn't even get in contact with such words until she was transferred to this school.
Do such schools even exist? *ducks*
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Windyflox wrote:
Xevo wrote: I doubt that she'd even know a "bad word", she's from a (proper?) all-girls school. So most likely she didn't even get in contact with such words until she was transferred to this school.
Do such schools even exist? *ducks*
Yes, they do. They are rare as far as I know, but they do exist. And why duck? You'll probably won't be hit for stupidity, lol.

Link for some schools (all-girls). -google-
"Anal." - Emi
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
Windyflox

Post by Windyflox »

I wasn't talking about all-girls schools, heck there was one opposite my old school. I'm talking about schools isolated enough to keep pupils from expanding their vocabulary with all sorts of colourful swearwords.
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

Windyflox wrote:I wasn't talking about all-girls schools, heck there was one opposite my old school. I'm talking about schools isolated enough to keep pupils from expanding their vocabulary with all sorts of colourful swearwords.
If I remember correctly, Lilly said that the school she went to was extremely strict, so I don't think anyone would risk swearing out in the open, lest they suffer the preppy consequences. Dealing with the fact that it was a strict school, Lilly may have learned such swear-words but had enough restraint and eloquence to refrain from using them.

Hot damn, all this dirty talk has me wishing for a bad-mouthed Lilly during shmex.
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
Fidelas

Post by Fidelas »

Ozymil wrote:
Windyflox wrote:I wasn't talking about all-girls schools, heck there was one opposite my old school. I'm talking about schools isolated enough to keep pupils from expanding their vocabulary with all sorts of colourful swearwords.
If I remember correctly, Lilly said that the school she went to was extremely strict, so I don't think anyone would risk swearing out in the open, lest they suffer the preppy consequences. Dealing with the fact that it was a strict school, Lilly may have learned such swear-words but had enough restraint and eloquence to refrain from using them.Hot damn, all this dirty talk has me wishing for a bad-mouthed Lilly during shmex.
"WHO'S A DIRTY BLIND GIRL!?"
UNTS UNTS
"I AM, DAMNIT, F*** ME HARDER, HISAO!"

... Ugh.
Emi Footjob -> The Problem Really Is In Your Pants
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

Fidelas wrote:"WHO'S A DIRTY BLIND GIRL!?"
UNTS UNTS

... Ugh.
I don't know about you, but that was hot.

I came.
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
kobe

Post by kobe »

Ozymil wrote:
UNTS UNTS

... Ugh.
Seconded, but Lilly swearing would be like Misha being completely quiet for a day :shock: , so i doubt that'll happen.
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

kobe wrote:
Ozymil wrote:
UNTS UNTS

... Ugh.
Seconded, but Lilly swearing would be like Misha being completely quiet for a day :shock: , so i doubt that'll happen.
Quiet because she has a mouth full of WING WONG, HEY YO!

*ahem* Right.