Adding an activation

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

cimosoft

Adding an activation

Post by cimosoft »

Hello, first, i have a project to transkate KS into Indonesian, and i want to make sure people download the patch only from my website by adding activation code, so can i do this? its not about people paying for big money or thing like that...

thank you :(
BIG MONEY stealer from his beloved game devs :) .
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Adding an activation

Post by Silentcook »

If it's not about people paying for big money, what is it for? Because if it's about paying anything AT ALL, the answer is no.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

cimosoft

Post by cimosoft »

in case to answer your question "what is it for?" :
it is for make sure people that they just download THE ONLY PATCH from our website. You know right, people love to take others work and put it on them, adding ads-enabled shortlink, and such.
My activation code does not lead to anything that make us get money (even we does not ask them) by like that, using pre-generated shortlink. We even never put any ads on our website, since its our hobby website.

but ok if you dont want us to, i just want to give a little apreciation to those who help me translates beside add them on credits
(dont mind everything i have wrote, i know you may can track the edit history to this reply :lol: )

here the website, its similar to orginal KS website with all 100% clean content (without click-bait ads, or stuff)
https://ksid.cimosoft.com/
Why? because we won't lose KS ambience.. we just made patch after all..
Dont worry, if you dont know Indonesian, you can always use Google Translate..
If you even dont agree with this one too, i will use another style..

Chill sir, you can always blame me whenever you think i made violation to your modification and translation rules.

I, too..., may put our translation update and made a thread here, so you can monitor it :)

sh*t too many edits, sorry :(
Last edited by cimosoft on Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

...Okay, let me check if I'm getting things right, since Google Translate isn't very reliable at all.

Your website mentions "modifications". We'd like to know what those modifications are, exactly, before greenlighting anything.

Also I'm seeing "Misha route stories". THAT is much more alarming than anything else you've written so far.

Your site is a fairly straight clone of katawa-shoujo.com. That doesn't make us very happy at all, since you're using graphics and text which belong to us and which aren't free to use, but we could get to some agreement about that.
But if you're thinking that you can splice in modifications to our script and add more routes, the answer is a big fat NO. I'd like to know if you got permission from ProfAllister to use his stuff, which I strongly doubt, but I guess we'll hear it straight from him, since I've attracted his attention to this thread.

I await detailed answers to my questions.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

cimosoft

Adding link for KB (Knowledge Base)

Post by cimosoft »

On my project, i would like to add link on each foreign term which will jump to wikipedia or any trusted website which safe to add more knowledge for those who play, like what is "arrythmia", "congenital heart deficiency", etc...

But when i add link tag "{a}{/a}" its not working, anyone know how to enable this? as i thought the RenPy 6.10 will only read "http://" instead of "https://" so i made all https:// to http://

Nevermind team, if you dont want me to add this, i'll keep with rule, and leave it as-is, so chill :D
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

I'm still awaiting answers instead of more questions raised.

cimosoft

Re: Adding link for KB (Knowledge Base)

Post by cimosoft »

when i said modification, it means ...

---
[strikethrough]adding for misha's route by linking through shizune route (yeah i still thinking of it because the script is beyond the translation pack). You dont agree? ok i wont add it, simple.[/strikethrough]

[strikethrough]adding KB's. I just leave the link as-is, nah, i just put wikipedia link there, dont worry[/strikethrough]

and of course translating to my region, since this project begin from my disabled friend (with his bad score in english) request

then activation code (dont make it a big deal, just if you dont want me to add it, say no. So i can just put the patch here (a RPA will be good right?), without making a website, which your team dont like)
---

[strikethrough]fyi, sir, when i search for misha's route, yes (a big yes), they share even the script online, so people can take it (its ok if you dont agree with the assets they share, i doubt about it too since the assets seems like its modifying the original assets which came with original packages).[/strikethrough]

fyi, sir (too), when i copy your team website, i did not intend to impress your professional team, i just confused by what theme should i use, and i think and my small team think that keep the theme will keep the ambience too ...

Those [strikethrough] stuff, you may can ignore it, i wont add it anymore to my project (but i still waiting for the original fanstory writter to say something, let me know if you have told him everything, so i can turn off the website).
And finally, this is a regular translation project without any additional silly stuff like i have asked before.
I will share it as RPA on this forum, using either Google Drive or One Drive to make sure the link safe.
If you dont want me to put here as RPA, just tell me, so i can zip the RPYC instead.

thanks, hope you read this long text until this last dot --> .
Last edited by cimosoft on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
cimosoft

Post by cimosoft »

Silentcook wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:31 pm But if you're thinking that you can splice in modifications to our script and add more routes, the answer is a big fat NO.
But if you're thinking i will do that, then you already know the answer
Silentcook wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:31 pmI'd like to know if you got permission from ProfAllister to use his stuff, which I strongly doubt, but I guess we'll hear it straight from him, since I've attracted his attention to this thread.
Good, invite him here, id like to hear too. Since i never ask for permission to him, he won't agree with this :wink:

the important thing here, i dont put any BIG MONEY bait, for my own benefit.
cimosoft

Post by cimosoft »

please say hi for that good fanwritter,

thanks, i think i dont have many time to write, the edit, then write reply just to make sure that i write as kind and as detail as possible... i am the kind of people that cant write at once :lol:

i will appeared here again to post my first translation beta version without any BIG MONEY stuff.

if you want my answer, thats my answer.
if your team dont like the website, dont worry, i have intend to delete it soon, just visit the website, choose T & J, and put your words on disqus comment to tell me delete the website.
if you asked me if i have permission from him or not, sorry i haven't but i make sure not to take any advantage from his creation, and i would never use it, so dont worry.
if you still thinking that i am took advantage on each of your team masterpieces, thats up to you.

a big sorry and thank you.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

...You have no patience.

Don't blame me if you end up wasting time and effort.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Also, for the record, I've tried twice to post on your disqus so far, and both times my comments disappeared after being posted. Hopefully they're just stuck in a moderation queue, but if not...

ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Slow in getting to this.

Best I can tell, it looks like the "Misha route" is the same as the one posted to a certain mod database. It splices my Act 1 fork (the first entry/chapter in the route) onto DrSciencePhd's Misha route. When it first went up/I first heard of it, it didn't credit me. Accordingly, I contacted the mod creator, he acknowledged my "contribution", and it fell out of my hands/desire to push the matter.

In all honesty, my concern has only been that I receive credit, and, to be honest, that's primarily because I don't want to be accused of ripping off my own work. But that's my prerogative.

Some creator requests are about honesty and transparency. Others tie back to some "moral right" or similar. But, ultimately, it all comes down to respect. And it is very disrespectful to ignore the explicit requests of a creator, shove your actions in their face, and then have the chutzpah to act as if you deserve their blessing.

So, ultimately, seeing that mod again just causes me to roll my eyes that people consider it a quality product. But 4LS has stronger feelings about the matter, and their opinion is ultimately what matters when we're discussing what goes on on their own site, with their own assets, and their willingness to grant permission.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server