Any possibility for a Misha path? No.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

GenericUsername

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by GenericUsername »

The whole Misha thing's a real shame. She is my favourite, for sure.

I don't quite understand why Misha can't be an option. Throwing in an additional storyline doesn't compromise the quality of the other plots, and Misha seems to have a following. Besides that, I think most people would welcome an additional storyline to try out, even if Misha isn't the first girl they aim for. And by adding Misha you eliminate the one major "what if" stuck in the minds of those who have fully gone through the five plots, making KS seem 'complete'.

The only reason for not adding Misha that I'm coming up with is that it's extra work. If that's the reason, I suppose I can't complain, since we're all getting something great for free, right?

As for not being in the original vision... so? Like I said, the other five lines would be unchanged. Even if the Misha plot was butchered (which seems unlikely, FLS seems pretty competent), KS would still exist as originally intended, and anyone could just ignore the Misha plot.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Whilst I see your greviances, I also know it takes the best part of 18 months to write a path.

Also, no.

You're better off going ot Kyoani and asking them not to waste 5 weeks of your time.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

GenericUsername wrote:The whole Misha thing's a real shame. She is my favourite, for sure.

I don't quite understand why Misha can't be an option. Throwing in an additional storyline doesn't compromise the quality of the other plots, and Misha seems to have a following. Besides that, I think most people would welcome an additional storyline to try out, even if Misha isn't the first girl they aim for. And by adding Misha you eliminate the one major "what if" stuck in the minds of those who have fully gone through the five plots, making KS seem 'complete'.

The only reason for not adding Misha that I'm coming up with is that it's extra work. If that's the reason, I suppose I can't complain, since we're all getting something great for free, right?

As for not being in the original vision... so? Like I said, the other five lines would be unchanged. Even if the Misha plot was butchered (which seems unlikely, FLS seems pretty competent), KS would still exist as originally intended, and anyone could just ignore the Misha plot.
Technically, you shouldn't see Misha as an actual heroine. Story wise, she is a part of Shizune, her mouth. Probably when the characters were first being fleshed out there was talk of how Shizune would communicate with the main character. And the idea for an interpreter was chosen. While her role is both important, and very prominent, she is a supporting character. She is there to supplement Shizune, and that is all she will ever do. Besides, all of the other Heroines are markedly different because of their disabilities. That is their divisions. But with Misha, we don't even know what her disability is, and it doesn't even stand out. Don't get me wrong though, a Misha path would be cool, but I know that it is not to be.

And ENDLESS FUCKING EIGHT
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Roxius wrote:...Hanako is fire-type.
Hanako's not a fire type... fire-types can't be burnt :twisted:
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

UH GUYS I MEAN OBVIOUSLY MISHA WON'T PLAY A MAJOR ROLE IN SHIZUNE'S PATH AT ALL
WHAT A PITY WE WON'T EVER HEAR OF HER AGAIN
DO YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE
NOW SHUT UP
GenericUsername

cpl_crud wrote:Whilst I see your greviances, I also know it takes the best part of 18 months to write a path.
Seven and a half years for this project, huh?

Those people guessing late 2010/early 2011 are in for a biiiig surprise.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Protip: We have more than one writer. Also a Misha path would require another path's worth of art.
GenericUsername

Suriko wrote:Protip: We have more than one writer. Also a Misha path would require another path's worth of art.
Protip: I figured such. Calling it 18 months of work, however, is obviously picking the most grand-sounding way to put something. No invdividual is giving up 18 months of their time per path, which would have been the truly outrageous expectation, since it's giving up a very significant chunk of someone's life for something. If it was merely meant to outline the amount of labour, fine, but it sounded more to me like "You can't expect someone to do 18 months of work for free," or something like that. I'll admit that I might, of course, be wrong, however.

I'm sure it would be entirely possible to reuse a lot of settings and Misha poses that were already done for other paths. Artwork would need to be created, sure, but I can't imagine it being a task as large as, say, creating a new path from scratch.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

GenericUsername wrote: but I can't imagine it being a task as large as, say, creating a new path from scratch.

So.... you want us to make a path about a character who's already a big part of at least one path....

and give her a brand new path all to herself...

...without creating a new path from scratch?

TBH I've had enough of playing coy and hoping that people would catch my/our drift. Also trolling you all is gettign boring becuase, quite frankly, posts like this point out to me that you're all just far too dull to pick up on that fact.

To think that Misha just falls of the radar after act 1 is something that borders on the kind of stupidity I'd expect from an anonymous userbase on an imageboard... for example.

We're dancing around the issue for a reason. You'll notice that we do this on a number of other issues.

Anyway, Misha is more than a side character. You won't find "Misha" as one of the headers in the Library. That's pretty much the only difference between her and any of the other main characters.

Of course, that is based on the current drafts. I should remind you that the most fickle of the writers is "in charge" of Misha. He's the type of person to write an entire VN to troll a fourm. If you keep pushing an issue that we're quite clearly avoiding for a reason then he's liable to change the draft to turn Misha into a dick-girl loving 50-year-old man.

tl;dr STFU.

Oh, And I've just decided I'm banning the next IP that asks about a Misha path.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

1. Art assets (mostly CGs) are a huge element in the time taken to make a path.
2. If we started right now we would have a first draft path done by the time all the others paths will be well and truly finished script-wise.
3. To do so would mean diverting a writer, slowing their other path.
4. We don't want to.
5. Enjoy your Shizune path. It will have plenty of Misha.

No Misha path will be written. Ever.

In the immortal words of Misha:
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Okay fine, you win. There is no way we could deny the fans of what they are paying for, instead of making our game to be as we like. We have to decide somehow who gets shafted and has to make it (roll dice?), but I'm sure we can just force one of the writers and the artists to produce a path's worth of content. So yeah, we are going to make a Misha path for the full game. Release will be extended by about half a year to a year, but at least now you can have a peace of mind while waiting for it. A Misha path will be in there, you'll see. Just wait for it.

e: man that lost its punch after I lost to both suriko and crud in reply speed

Also coup d'grace after reading what my fellow devs thought of this: There won't be a Misha path, and we don't need any specific reasons for it. We've shed some light on what the reasons are, even though we could've just said something irrational (it's the year of the Ox but Misha is not an ox so we can't make a path) and be done with it. From now on, please pretend that is the official reason. You can argue "it doesn't make sense" all you want, but it won't change the fact that we are not making a Misha path.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
U.T. Raptor

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path? No.

Post by U.T. Raptor »

8)
Attachments
1220413466525.jpg
1220413466525.jpg (47.93 KiB) Viewed 4855 times
abscess

Post by abscess »

Oh wow. And I was wondering if the devs would put a sticky saying that that thing was not to be due to the same question being repeated over and over again... Even though it was already answered in the FAQ.
U.T. Raptor wrote:8)
[thoroughly pwned]
Yes.

Edit:
Hmm... unstickied. Devs sure work in mysterious ways.
Last edited by abscess on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siiiiigh....
Malinor

Post by Malinor »

Huh, this topic was locked when I attempted to respond before the Dev combination attack up there.

Frankly, it probably should be locked again.

Edit: I may be mixing this up with the other Misha-route-turned-shitstorm topic down there. Eitherway, stickies tend to become spamfests if they aren't locked, and since this is clearly (as is the entire point) not negotiable, it should be locked.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

I unlocked it because I dislike locking threads on principle. Besides, talking about this on a general level is fine in my book (there's not much to talk about though), just whining about lack of Misha path, or worse yet, trying to somehow convince us into making it is so unbeliavably idiotic that it flares up the temper of the normally rather polite and well-behaving dev team to unexpected heights, as demonstrated here. Beating a dead horse is even less funny than beating a live horse.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents