Any possibility for a Misha path? No.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Ozymil
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:14 am
Location: yes

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by Ozymil » Tue May 05, 2009 3:24 am

Jake Fuyou wrote:
Ozymil wrote:
Khaos wrote:Misha path would be really nice, perhaps as a "hidden path", like there's only one special route you have to figure out to get her.
...also...what's her disability anyway?
... ADD?

Maybe she didn't get her own path because she's a hermie...
ADHD isn't exactly a disability.
Hence the question and periods...? :wink:
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!

User avatar
ChaosEngine
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 12:55 am
Location: New England, United States
Contact:

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by ChaosEngine » Tue May 05, 2009 12:29 pm

Khaos wrote:...also...what's her disability anyway?
There's a lot of speculation on this, including brain cancer, mild autism, anemia, tourettes, being partially deaf, etc. The devs have said that we will "find out." To be perfectly honest, I really hope Misha doesn't end up killed off on the Shizune path to make room for Hisao. To be honest, I'd find that not only a bit of a cop-out, but also a bloody well mood killer. Then again, there's always a grand, master-plan, and I'll have to trust the geniuses behind this project with Misha's fate.

...I think I'm one of the few that absolutely loves Misha and Shizune. :(

Vigilant
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by Vigilant » Tue May 05, 2009 12:50 pm

ChaosEngine wrote:
Khaos wrote:...also...what's her disability anyway?
There's a lot of speculation on this, including brain cancer, mild autism, anemia, tourettes, being partially deaf, etc. The devs have said that we will "find out." To be perfectly honest, I really hope Misha doesn't end up killed off on the Shizune path to make room for Hisao. To be honest, I'd find that not only a bit of a cop-out, but also a bloody well mood killer. Then again, there's always a grand, master-plan, and I'll have to trust the geniuses behind this project with Misha's fate.

...I think I'm one of the few that absolutely loves Misha and Shizune. :(

Lies! I immediately gunned for Misha and Shizune as my first path (*Vigilant perfers strong, assertive, women*). They're awesome!

Shizune is love! :mrgreen:

User avatar
EnigmaticThief
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 8:32 pm

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by EnigmaticThief » Tue May 05, 2009 1:26 pm

Hmm... a separate path for Misha doesn't seem as viable as she and Shizune are practically joined at the hip. Although, I do suspect that somewhere down the line drama between the two might help bring Shizune and Hisao closer together. After playing through Shizune's path, I've formed some speculation as to why Misha's attending Yamaku HS. Since it's still early in the story, I've put my theory below in spoiler tags.

A couple small hints seem to point towards some sort of obsessive/compulsive disorder. In one early scene Hisao notices Misha trying to shape her pencil's eraser perfectly flat. While both she and Shizune do it, there's also the fact that she's always ordering the same thing at the Shanghai. I think that she was paired with Shizune because the responsibility of signing for her would give her something to do constantly and help focus her mind.

Vigilant
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by Vigilant » Tue May 05, 2009 3:30 pm

That seems like a pretty good conclusion, I'd agree with that. Although I think there's something about her lack of volume control that ties in too, Not sure what disorder that implies.

User avatar
ChaosEngine
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 12:55 am
Location: New England, United States
Contact:

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by ChaosEngine » Tue May 05, 2009 4:07 pm

That's one of the better explanations I've heard so far. I didn't really pay any mind to the eraser thing earlier, but in context, it makes a lot of sense.

And, Vigilant, I think her volume control issues are more due to her personality. :wink:

User avatar
WASSHOI
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by WASSHOI » Tue May 05, 2009 8:26 pm

ChaosEngine wrote:That's one of the better explanations I've heard so far. I didn't really pay any mind to the eraser thing earlier, but in context, it makes a lot of sense.

And, Vigilant, I think her volume control issues are more due to her personality. :wink:
Yes, it was said in the story that she's been told more than once about volume control. It's most likely just a personality trait of hers, just like how overly hyper she is.

I thought of OCD earlier too, but it didn't really fit because she seemed really well controlled about it if she did have OCD. But I didn't stop to think that she was paired up with Shizune to always keep her mind on something. I wonder though, it is apparent that at some times she does leave Shizune's side if she has to run an errand or something. Unless there was something in that scene I missed, she didn't seem to do anything she wouldn't normally do.

User avatar
erisi236
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by erisi236 » Tue May 05, 2009 9:04 pm

Maybe Misha has the same heart condition as Hisao, making her your true kindred spirit. :)
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.

User avatar
ChaosEngine
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 12:55 am
Location: New England, United States
Contact:

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by ChaosEngine » Tue May 05, 2009 9:28 pm

Just finished the Kenji Bad End. Despite the fact that it was hilarious, the one part that really struck me was when Hisao told Misha to "Piss off." Sure, Misha (and to a lesser extent, Shizune), were bothering him by inquiring about his lateness, but after mentioning his issue on the track, Misha becomes genuinely concerned. It's moments like that which are most difficult in VNs, where the player is separated from the character in a moment of thought: "But I wouldn't have said that!"

Ah well. Poor Micchan. :(

Vigilant
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by Vigilant » Wed May 06, 2009 12:35 am

ChaosEngine wrote:Just finished the Kenji Bad End. Despite the fact that it was hilarious, the one part that really struck me was when Hisao told Misha to "Piss off." Sure, Misha (and to a lesser extent, Shizune), were bothering him by inquiring about his lateness, but after mentioning his issue on the track, Misha becomes genuinely concerned. It's moments like that which are most difficult in VNs, where the player is separated from the character in a moment of thought: "But I wouldn't have said that!"

Ah well. Poor Micchan. :(
Yea, I found myself thinking the same thing at that moment :( I consider that path a lesson on how stupid overly pessimistic/cynical behavior seems from people watching you (in this case we get to watch the main character been an idiot starting from then through the festival)

Kryptik
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by Kryptik » Wed May 06, 2009 12:56 am

EnigmaticThief wrote:Hmm... a separate path for Misha doesn't seem as viable as she and Shizune are practically joined at the hip. Although, I do suspect that somewhere down the line drama between the two might help bring Shizune and Hisao closer together. After playing through Shizune's path, I've formed some speculation as to why Misha's attending Yamaku HS. Since it's still early in the story, I've put my theory below in spoiler tags.

A couple small hints seem to point towards some sort of obsessive/compulsive disorder. In one early scene Hisao notices Misha trying to shape her pencil's eraser perfectly flat. While both she and Shizune do it, there's also the fact that she's always ordering the same thing at the Shanghai. I think that she was paired with Shizune because the responsibility of signing for her would give her something to do constantly and help focus her mind.
That was my first guess as well, for the exact same reason you give. She does seem very in control of it if that's the case, but again, that's what the school is about. And it's quite possible hers manifests in a way we just haven't seen a trigger for yet. Shizune might be a factor in this case.

It's quite possible one reason she didn't want to take the stairs alone during the path (to get supplies and all) was due to not wanting to be alone, without Shizune to help tamp down on the compulsions.

User avatar
Axeman
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:49 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by Axeman » Wed May 06, 2009 5:43 am

I still think she has brain cancer.

Or at least something that'll cause her to be bed ridden which in turn leads to Hisao getting closer to Shizune. Either that or she goes yandere on Hisao and moves to Canada.
The game.
You have lost it.

User avatar
Khaos
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 2:54 am

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by Khaos » Wed May 06, 2009 12:08 pm

ChaosEngine wrote:Just finished the Kenji Bad End. Despite the fact that it was hilarious, the one part that really struck me was when Hisao told Misha to "Piss off." Sure, Misha (and to a lesser extent, Shizune), were bothering him by inquiring about his lateness, but after mentioning his issue on the track, Misha becomes genuinely concerned. It's moments like that which are most difficult in VNs, where the player is separated from the character in a moment of thought: "But I wouldn't have said that!"

Ah well. Poor Micchan. :(
Yeah, that scene was hard...I felt really bad afterwards.
...so that's why I'm trying to figure out if there is something I need to figure out and then figure that out before it's too late and all hope is lost.
~~~~~
Isn't a realist just the word for what the cynic calls himself?

Vigilant
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by Vigilant » Wed May 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Yea, overall the Kenji bad end is kind of a downer, I recommend going back and watching the favorite end of your choice to cheer you up after you do it :)

User avatar
LeeEzekiel
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 12:45 pm

Re: Any possibility for a Misha path?

Post by LeeEzekiel » Wed May 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Hmm, I wonder what the chances of Misha dying are. Seems to me like she'd be more useful as an antagonist in Shizune's path, as she becomes overcome with jealousy over Shicchan and Hisao getting closer. Of course, I wouldn't put it past the path writers to turn Shizune's path into a bawwww fest.

Now, on a side note, am I the only one wishing for an Akira path?

Post Reply