Katawa Shoujo 2?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

lurk moar

Re: Katawa Shoujo 2?

Post by lurk moar »

Don't press enter wrote:The only way I can see a 'sequel' made is by an expansion with a Misha path.

And maybe a Yuuko path.

And an epic Kenji 'war against feminism' side path.
Yes.
alexis152

Post by alexis152 »

I can't wait for the final release ^_^
I'll Fly Through it
Metsuki Minamoru

Post by Metsuki Minamoru »

Well, a sequel could use the same basis, but different characters. It's happened before.
Rhedak

Post by Rhedak »

Why don't we talk about this AFTER Katawa Shoujo 1 is finished? Don't get ahead of yourself boy
Fidelas

Post by Fidelas »

lurk moar wrote:
Don't press enter wrote:The only way I can see a 'sequel' made is by an expansion with a Misha path.

And maybe a Yuuko path.

Yes.
Call it 'Shin Katawa Shoujo: Kenji Seto vs. The Feminist Conspiracy'.
Emi Footjob -> The Problem Really Is In Your Pants
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

And maybe a Yuuko path.

Don't forget Lilly's sister, Akira..? And too top it off, maybe a sister-like character which has a brother-complex that for some reason ends up in the same school. That'd be way funny, specially if you go for Hanako, she'd go crying in a corner everytime she's pushed away by her. :)
"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"I'll tutor you." - Misha
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

Or y'know. Just start over with all new characters.
Imagine me and you...
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Vertical wrote:Or y'know. Just start over with all new characters.
I hate it when anime's/manga's do that. Makes me not wanna watch/read any further just to show the creators that they're "doing it wrong". :P
"Anal." - Emi
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

But stories that need no sequel because the first one wraps up all aspects neatly then getting a canonical sequel anyway only makes sense when it's for milking a franchise. There's no profit motive here (unless we're talking 1)idea 2)? 3)Profit) which is why the writers and editors will make each route and story a complete universe.
Imagine me and you...
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Vertical wrote:But stories that need no sequel because the first one wraps up all aspects neatly then getting a canonical sequel anyway only makes sense when it's for milking a franchise. There's no profit motive here (unless we're talking 1)idea 2)? 3)Profit) which is why the writers and editors will make each route and story a complete universe.
A story no matter how many paths it has will always leave questions/demands and most of the time you can easily create a sequel by those lines. And I don't see what profit has to do with this, I mean if it's better for the game/fans, why not do it? Imagine an anime in which the main characters their faces change all the time, that'd be no fun at all. If they are gonna make somewhat a sequel but with other characters, they should rename it.
"Anal." - Emi
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
Metsuki Minamoru

Post by Metsuki Minamoru »

Well, as long as the basis of it being based on disabled people is the same, it's still Katawa Shoujo. Plus, Final Fantasy makes new characters for the new games all the time. No one complains about that.
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Metsuki Minamoru wrote:Well, as long as the basis of it being based on disabled people is the same, it's still Katawa Shoujo. Plus, Final Fantasy makes new characters for the new games all the time. No one complains about that.
Yeah but large parts (if not everything) gets replaced after every part. I only liked X for example where others would like 7 or 8 more. Plus I liked X2 as well since this was a sequel with the original characters filling in blanks and giving the story a twist at the end (Tidus stays with Yuna).
"Anal." - Emi
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.

Post by Guest »

Rednal wrote:Reminds me of my post in that "Future" thread; KS2: Mental Disability Girls. XD Honestly, I think new characters and a new setting (maybe a sister school for my idea?) would be much better than a direct sequel. Cameos, maybe, but I think that KS is fine as-is, and anything else would probably be best as some sort of fan release; concept art, a few deleted scenes, stuff like that. If anything at all were to be made. So direct sequel, no.
I gotta say something like this seems interesting. In the same vein, but with mental problems/disabilities. Then again Rin already seems to have ADD, so there ya go.
KnightofNEE

Post by KnightofNEE »

Guest wrote:
Rednal wrote:Reminds me of my post in that "Future" thread; KS2: Mental Disability Girls. XD Honestly, I think new characters and a new setting (maybe a sister school for my idea?) would be much better than a direct sequel. Cameos, maybe, but I think that KS is fine as-is, and anything else would probably be best as some sort of fan release; concept art, a few deleted scenes, stuff like that. If anything at all were to be made. So direct sequel, no.
I gotta say something like this seems interesting. In the same vein, but with mental problems/disabilities. Then again Rin already seems to have ADD, so there ya go.
Whoops, forgot to login.
Anon

Post by Anon »

This post indicates some desire for 4LS to continue past the final release of KS.

If, fortune willing, that happens, I'd much prefer an original project, and one that isn't weeaboo.