Missing Stars

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Amadeuuus

Missing Stars

Post by Amadeuuus »

So, if you haven't heard already there's a VN called t
Missing Stars that's kinda like a spiritual successor to Katawa Shoujo, that just got it's first chapter released today, so have any of you played it? And is it any good? I'm still trying to download it since my internet is very slow atm, so yeah :)
She only exists when she's on a screen
Kathos

Re: Missing Stars

Post by Kathos »

The game's website does have an "interesting" vibe to it. And I see where you are getting "Spiritual Successor" from because I too see the idea they were heading with this game. :)
Katawa Shoujo will never fade away. no matter when, there will still be someone introduced to KS or feel the way this game has changed their life. :D
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I think at least one or two of the creators of Missing Stars started out as Fanfiction writers here on the forums. I say "I think" because I'm not sure if they're still involved with the project. It was in development without noticeable progress for a long time, so I stooped following it at some point.
I might have a look at act 1 if I get the time now that it's out, but that won't be for several weeks at least.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Kathos

Post by Kathos »

Mirage_GSM wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:43 pm I think at least one or two of the creators of Missing Stars started out as Fanfiction writers here on the forums. I say "I think" because I'm not sure if they're still involved with the project. It was in development without noticeable progress for a long time, so I stooped following it at some point.
I might have a look at act 1 if I get the time now that it's out, but that won't be for several weeks at least.
(school+disability+VN) pretty much equals Katawa Shoujo. So I think they were inspired by KS since their game has the same genre but also because it seems like the game is about teaching lessons like KS too
Katawa Shoujo will never fade away. no matter when, there will still be someone introduced to KS or feel the way this game has changed their life. :D
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Oh, they were definitely inspired by KS. In fact the provisional title of that game was "Mentaru Shoujo" before they changed it to "Missing Stars", and the idea started here shortly after the full version of KS came out.
And here is a fanfiction by someone who went on to become an author of Missing Stars.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Kathos

Post by Kathos »

its cool that this game exists but i dont think ill ever feel tha same knowing the history of katawa shoujo and how something so impossible actually came to be
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I played the demo a while back. I thought it was pretty good, but it was still obviously a demo. It needed some work still. Hopefully the finished act will have fixed a few issues.
Not Dead Yet
Kathos

Post by Kathos »

i think i am going to possibly play this game tommorow and write what i think about it so far. (this doesent relate but man the forums are completely DEAD :( )
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Most traffic happens on the discord nowadays...

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Kathos

Post by Kathos »

Mirage_GSM wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:17 pm Most traffic happens on the discord nowadays...
I know this sounds stupid but, have you played teaching feeling? im not sure if its one of those games like Katawa Shoujo that gives you feels but i saw a meme of it together with KS and wanted to play it.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I don't really read all that many Visual Novels. As I said I might look into Missing Stars at some point but besides KS I've only read a dozen or so.

Sore wa himitsu desu.