Misha, a Republican?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ChaosEngine

Misha, a Republican?

Post by ChaosEngine »

Please excuse me if I missed a topic on this earlier... But did I see that right? Just finished Shizune's path (dawww. Shizune's great), and let the credits roll. Along with the sketches of the characters, the last one appears to be Misha, wearing a "Bush-Cheney 2004" shirt. I'll try to get a screenie.

lolwut?
Nillard

Re: Misha, a Republican?

Post by Nillard »

Shizune's panties also say "Stop stem cell research!"
ChaosEngine

Post by ChaosEngine »

Ah, so that's what they said, I was trying to figure that out.

Hrm, something telling of the Devs or merely a few little Easter Eggs?
BcDed

Post by BcDed »

Seeing as how they are making an ero game I doubt they are very conservative.
It's likely either an inside joke of sorts or that they wanted to show Shizune's political affiliations(I can see her being an uptight conservative)
Is it really just a game, or is it a religious experience.
Dollywitch

Post by Dollywitch »

I just noticed this was the only thread on the forum about this. Very weird! Must admit I missed it at first. It's like they were trying to make us Misha fans be turned off by her or something. Maybe there's a joke here I'm not getting. It's bothering me now!
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

It's all a joke, presumably by A22. Just look at what he said about Shizune's panties.
Anonymous22 wrote:Kamifish wanted to put something on there because it looked plain.
I wanted "Mike Huckabee For President" but it didn't fit.
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

The stem cell thing and this are both just jokes.

Also, >implying everyone who wears a shirt with foreign words on it knows what they say
Dollywitch

Post by Dollywitch »

Suriko wrote:The stem cell thing and this are both just jokes.

Also, >implying everyone who wears a shirt with foreign words on it knows what they say
That's what I was thinking. Misha would wear it thinkin it was a cool foreign shirt, not knowing the meaning of it. It's not uncommon to see stuff like this in anime.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Let me just say that my blood ran cold as soon as I saw the topic name. I was afraid of this turning into some political debate... or more to the current American political climate: a flame war. And I, with my VERY strongly held, and outspoken political beliefs (on other sites, not on here) would end up embroiled in this whole fiasco because when it comes to such things, I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut.

But yeah, they're Japanese*, and even if they're politically minded (I can see Shizune having opinions, but I find it hard to imagine that with Misha), their political affiliations would be to Japanese parties, not American.

But yeah, Suriko and the other Devs have said time and again that the shirt and panties are merely jokes, so I doubt they'd be so consistent about that if it wasn't true. And anyway, as the old saying goes, "there are three things you should never talk about if you want to have a polite discussion: sports**, politics, or religion."

* = Americans wear shirts with random kanji on them all the time just because it "looks cool" remember. This stuff often probably insults Americans for being culturally ignorant, or in other ways... or maybe it's just garbled nonsense, who knows? Anyway, the point is, it's probably true of people in other cultures, too. They see a shirt design that looks cool to them and have no idea what the actual message is, but they wear it anyway.

** = "sports" is sometimes replaced with "sex" (which obviously doesn't apply on this forum), or "music". All three of which are sure to raise some tempers if your opinions vary too widely.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Dollywitch

Post by Dollywitch »

I didn't think the Bush/Cheney thing was a troll, so much of a parody of when you get characters in anime and especially real life young japanese people wearing things referencing western culture just cause they're western and cool. Misha would have a hilarious reaction when she found out too.

http://store.engrish.com/ihatmystshir.html