Voices of the girls as you imagine them

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

EternalLurker

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by EternalLurker »

Seeing as how KS is an OELVN and I wouldn't want to hear some terrible Engrish here, shouldn't these be English VAs you're listing?
Hiems

Post by Hiems »

Csihar wrote:Shizune should be voiced by Aya Hirano.

If you get that joke, congratulations! You're a huge weeaboo.
Why's that...?
EternalLurker wrote:Seeing as how KS is an OELVN and I wouldn't want to hear some terrible Engrish here, shouldn't these be English VAs you're listing?
Sorry... I'm used to playing Japanese games, since it's so rare to find good visual novels in English, and the quality of anime/game dubbing in English isn't very high, so I prefer to list the Japanese.

If you want, though, I could find someone in English...
ImageImageImageImage
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Hiems wrote:the quality of anime/game dubbing in English isn't very high
Lies.
Complete lies.

>_>
<_<

Still, there are tons of great English voice actors. It's just that most of 'em do bigscreen movies and such, not cartoons.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Hiems wrote:
Csihar wrote:Shizune should be voiced by Aya Hirano.

If you get that joke, congratulations! You're a huge weeaboo.
Why's that...?
Well, besides the fact that Shizune would totally sound like Haruhi if she could talk, Aya Hirano was credited as the voice of a character in Bakemonogatari that never spoke.
EternalLurker wrote:Seeing as how KS is an OELVN and I wouldn't want to hear some terrible Engrish here, shouldn't these be English VAs you're listing?
If I'm reading a manga or something I always imagine the dialogue being in the Japanese VA's voices, but yeah, in English. How does that work? Beats me.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Csihar wrote: Well, besides the fact that Shizune would totally sound like Haruhi if she could talk, Aya Hirano was credited as the voice of a character in Bakemonogatari that never spoke.
The 'flag blowing in gale force winds' made me think you were referring to how all her fans have started hating her and sending her death threats... Or something. I'm glad I got here after the explanation...
Csihar wrote:If I'm reading a manga or something I always imagine the dialogue being in the Japanese VA's voices, but yeah, in English. How does that work? Beats me.
I understand what you mean.

Also, though it's hard for me to imagine these characters with either Japanese or English voices. It's hard to imagine them with Japanese voices because it's not a stereotypical Japanese work (because it's made by an international team), and English because it's a bit too Japanese-ish. And I generally hate watching English dubs so I never connect English voices with Japanese-ish work. I really don't know what I'm talking about, by the way.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Scarlet Fox wrote:Also, though it's hard for me to imagine these characters with either Japanese or English voices. It's hard to imagine them with Japanese voices because it's not a stereotypical Japanese work (because it's made by an international team), and English because it's a bit too Japanese-ish. And I generally hate watching English dubs so I never connect English voices with Japanese-ish work. I really don't know what I'm talking about, by the way.
Have you seen Beck? If you want to meet halfway, you could just imagine the KS girls speaking hilarious Engrish like they do in that. Although that wouldn't be much better than the April Fools voices... :P (I am in no way, shape, or form ripping on Beck btw)

EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

...Having people speak Engrish would be the equivalent of changing all the Ls in KS' text into Rs, among other things. The text is assumed to have been translated. Why would you not assume the same for the voices?
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

I imagine Shizune would sound like the English dub version of Revy from Black Lagoon.

Queue rimshot.
Hiems

Post by Hiems »

Csihar wrote:Well, besides the fact that Shizune would totally sound like Haruhi if she could talk, Aya Hirano was credited as the voice of a character in Bakemonogatari that never spoke.
Oh, her. I knew about Bakemonogatari, but I wouldn't think that would make anyone a weeaboo. I thought that was when people wore Naruto headbands everywhere and shouted "KAWAII DESU DESU NEEEEE".
EternalLurker wrote:Still, there are tons of great English voice actors. It's just that most of 'em do bigscreen movies and such, not cartoons.
Oh, that's a good point! Animated movies like Toy Story and such. I hadn't thought of that, ahah. :oops:
ImageImageImageImage
Richiter Bromont

Post by Richiter Bromont »

Obviously they'd all be voiced by Jackie Chan.

"I THINK YOU HAVE BIG PROBLEM IN PANTS"
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

I DISAGREE.

I imagine all the women, every single one of them, voiced by the only person whose acting power transcends personality, physicality and gender: Norio Wakamoto.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

EternalLurker wrote:...Having people speak Engrish would be the equivalent of changing all the Ls in KS' text into Rs, among other things. The text is assumed to have been translated. Why would you not assume the same for the voices?
Rule of Funny?

Hiems

Post by Hiems »

Ai do notto no watto yuu meen. Ai habu no aidee-a wurai yuu wuudo sei dissu tsu mi.

Engrish is fun.
ImageImageImageImage
DemonOfRandgris

Post by DemonOfRandgris »

Csihar wrote: Well, besides the fact that Shizune would totally sound like Haruhi if she could talk, Aya Hirano was credited as the voice of a character in Bakemonogatari that never spoke.

I thought it was because Aya Hirano put out a statement saying she would stop work as a Seiyuu. D:
G3n0c1de wrote:Harvey Dent is not moe.
Hiems

Post by Hiems »

DemonOfRandgris wrote:I thought it was because Aya Hirano put out a statement saying she would stop work as a Seiyuu. D:
Oooooooh, she did? How unfortunate.
ImageImageImageImage