Voices of the girls as you imagine them

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by Mirage_GSM »

When I read how people seem to have no problems identifying individual voice actors, I wonder if my lacking ability to do so, could be considered a disability...
Anyway, while reading a book (or a VN) I generally don't associate voices with the characters. If anytihng, it's more like I imagine them having a certain "manner of speech".
For example Misha might speak a bit like Excel (though certainly not as fast - she wouldn't be able to keep up with signing) or maybe Tomo from AD, and Lilly like Alicia from Aria.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Hisao I imagine as the narrator/Jack from Fight Club, especially with the commentary 'This is my life, and it's ending one HHHNNNNGGGGG at a time.' Alternatively, he could sound a bit like Satou from Welcome to the NHK if anyone has watched that.

Staying on the topic of NHK, Misaki sounds a bit like what I'd imagine Emi to be, if slightly slower and lower pitched.

Kenji would sound like Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star, no exceptions.

Hmm, Misha may sound a bit like Nami from One Piece, but that could be a bit of a longshot.
They should have called him Hisao S Thompson.
digiboy0001

Post by digiboy0001 »

Hisao: Someone extremely generic. I really don't care who.

Shizune: ... Okay, I just spent a good ten minutes struggling to come up with an actress for her until I remembered she's a mute. ... >.> God, I need some sleep.

Misha: Rio Natsuki. Miyako, the most annoying character in Digimon history. Annoying voice for an annoying character, and she does have a bit of range. A talented actress, I'd say, just plagued with terrible roles. So I figured I'd give her another one. =P

Emi: Kae Araki. Hikari from Digimon, and she also acted as a stand-in for Kotono Mitsuishi on Sailor Moon. She's got that "cutesy" voice that I imagine Emi would have.

Lilly: Yuko Mizutani. Sora from Digimon, as well as a radio personality. She has that "motherly" tone to her voice.

Hanako: Megumi Hayashibara. Okay, I just pulled this one right out of my ass.

Rin: Yuka Imai. The producers of Digimon Tamers deemed this woman so talented that they cast her as every member of Ruki's family, as well as her Digimon, Renamon. And I swear to God, to this day, I still can't tell they're all the same person. My point? She can do pretty much any role you give her, and I'm interested in how she'd handle a character like Rin.

Kenji: Masami Kikuchi. Junichi Kanemaru could be equally hilarious, but he doesn't have the range that Kikuchi does.

And the fact that I am a Digimon fan just became even more blatantly obvious than my screen name implied.
"A lot of people don't seem to know what they're talking about. That sucks." - VegettoEX
Endeavoring to beat every game I own in chronological order. Current game: Digimon World 2 (7/27/2000, PlayStation)
Burial_By_Fire

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

>>Misha:

[LaZa]

Post by [LaZa] »

Burial_By_Fire wrote:>>Misha:

Heh, if you look well enough, her shoulders look like chibi arms. Can't unsee since I read it from some guy's comment.
Anyways, Teto Kasane has drills, so she has to voice Misha.
...The answer? Use a gun, and if that don't work, use more gun!
----------------------
Ranking no more, mWahaha~!
40%

Post by 40% »

Rin - Maaya Sakamoto
aka Ryougi Shiki (Kara No Kyoukai), Mari Makinami Illustrious (Rebuild of Evangelion), Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII).

Emi - Asumi Kana
aka Taneshima Poplar (Working!), Yuno (Hidamari Sketch), Kiyal Bachika (Gurren-Lagann)

Hanako - Hanazawa Kana
aka Tachibana Kanade (Angel Beats), Sonohara Anri (Durarara!!), Kuroi Mato (Black Rock Shooter)
Considered Mamiko Noto, but I think Hanazawa Kana does shy and timid better.

Lilly - Itou Shizuka
aka Akiha Tohno (Tsukihime), Kousaka Tamaki (To Heart), Wilhelmina Carmel (Shakugan No Shana)
I'm a big fan of Miyuki Sawashiro (Shinku (Rozen Maiden), Celty Sturluson (Durarara!), Takanashi Yomi (Black Rock Shooter)) so I would love to say she'd fit Lilly too
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

40% wrote:Rin - Maaya Sakamoto
aka Ryougi Shiki (Kara No Kyoukai), Mari Makinami Illustrious (Rebuild of Evangelion), Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII).
She also played Nino from Arakawa Under the Bridge, so I'd say this would have a high chance of success.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Serpettra

Post by Serpettra »

Hanako: hinata. definitely hinata.

Emi: either kugimiya rie (dunno why) or maka from soul eater (dat character design)

Rin: not sure. maybe saber from fate/stay night but with the attitude of guu from hale + guu.

Lilly: not too sure about this one. definitely calm and dignified. maybe someone from marimite.

Shizune: wakamoto

Misha: i cannot hear anything but tsuruya from haruhi when i read her dialog.

Librarian: maybe goto yuko?

Nurse: gin from bleach, ono daisuke, something along those lines.

Muto: i imagine him having a deep voice kinda like spike spiegel.

Kenji: either sunohara from clannad or yamazaki from nhk

Hisao: fukuyama jun
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

Mirage_GSM wrote:When I read how people seem to have no problems identifying individual voice actors, I wonder if my lacking ability to do so, could be considered a disability...
I sympathise, Mirage - I don't really follow voice actors and actresses as personalities, either. To be honest, it all sounds like jabber...!

That said, though, perhaps my favourite Anime DVD extra was on Hellsing Ultimate, when the English voices for Integra and Mason attended a post-recording interview together. Both of them are RADA graduates and grew up in the same environment, and watching them play off of each other (including a part when they both burst into song as part of a warm-up routine) was a sight to behold.
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
G0t0

Post by G0t0 »

Kugimiya Rie for Misha. Mainly because she can use her dere voice when Misha is talking normally, and her tsun voice when Shizune is talking through Misha.
Kwopper

Post by Kwopper »

....I actually searched for a voice for Shizune a long time before I remembered.
Last edited by Kwopper on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kwopper

Post by Kwopper »

Hanako: Ayako Kawasumi

Rin: Minori Chihara

Emi: Yuko Gibu

Lilly: Hitomi Nabatame (This comes mostly from her performance as Shizuma Hanazono in Strawberry Panic.)

Misha: Tomoko Kawakami (Again, mostly from her performance as Ai Mori in The Law of Ueki)
Alicia_Gunther

Post by Alicia_Gunther »

Lilly: Megan Hollingshead using the voice she uses for Susie from Valkyria Chronicles
Emi: Hilary Haag
Misha: I dunno
Hanako: For some reason I think Monica Rial
Rin: I also dunno
Esper

Post by Esper »

Rin: Ai Nonaka
Emi: Aki Toyosaki
Lilly: Kikuko Inoue
Hanako: Mamiko Noto
Misha: Yui Horie

I'm not entirely happy with my casting for Rin but I can't think of anyone better to play the role at this time.
Serpettra

Post by Serpettra »

Esper wrote:Rin: Ai Nonaka
Emi: Aki Toyosaki
Lilly: Kikuko Inoue
Hanako: Mamiko Noto
Misha: Yui Horie

I'm not entirely happy with my casting for Rin but I can't think of anyone better to play the role at this time.
I disagree with some of your other choices but Inoue Kikuko is perfect for Lilly. I thought of her myself but it didn't occur to me until after my original post.