Voices of the girls as you imagine them

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Post Reply
User avatar
EternalLurker
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Willfully lost
Contact:

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by EternalLurker » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:11 pm

Seeing as how KS is an OELVN and I wouldn't want to hear some terrible Engrish here, shouldn't these be English VAs you're listing?

User avatar
Hiems
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by Hiems » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:42 pm

Csihar wrote:Shizune should be voiced by Aya Hirano.

If you get that joke, congratulations! You're a huge weeaboo.
Why's that...?
EternalLurker wrote:Seeing as how KS is an OELVN and I wouldn't want to hear some terrible Engrish here, shouldn't these be English VAs you're listing?
Sorry... I'm used to playing Japanese games, since it's so rare to find good visual novels in English, and the quality of anime/game dubbing in English isn't very high, so I prefer to list the Japanese.

If you want, though, I could find someone in English...
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
EternalLurker
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Willfully lost
Contact:

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by EternalLurker » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Hiems wrote:the quality of anime/game dubbing in English isn't very high
Lies.
Complete lies.

>_>
<_<

Still, there are tons of great English voice actors. It's just that most of 'em do bigscreen movies and such, not cartoons.

User avatar
Csihar
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:52 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by Csihar » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:28 pm

Hiems wrote:
Csihar wrote:Shizune should be voiced by Aya Hirano.

If you get that joke, congratulations! You're a huge weeaboo.
Why's that...?
Well, besides the fact that Shizune would totally sound like Haruhi if she could talk, Aya Hirano was credited as the voice of a character in Bakemonogatari that never spoke.
EternalLurker wrote:Seeing as how KS is an OELVN and I wouldn't want to hear some terrible Engrish here, shouldn't these be English VAs you're listing?
If I'm reading a manga or something I always imagine the dialogue being in the Japanese VA's voices, but yeah, in English. How does that work? Beats me.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.


User avatar
Scarlet Fox
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by Scarlet Fox » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Csihar wrote: Well, besides the fact that Shizune would totally sound like Haruhi if she could talk, Aya Hirano was credited as the voice of a character in Bakemonogatari that never spoke.
The 'flag blowing in gale force winds' made me think you were referring to how all her fans have started hating her and sending her death threats... Or something. I'm glad I got here after the explanation...
Csihar wrote:If I'm reading a manga or something I always imagine the dialogue being in the Japanese VA's voices, but yeah, in English. How does that work? Beats me.
I understand what you mean.

Also, though it's hard for me to imagine these characters with either Japanese or English voices. It's hard to imagine them with Japanese voices because it's not a stereotypical Japanese work (because it's made by an international team), and English because it's a bit too Japanese-ish. And I generally hate watching English dubs so I never connect English voices with Japanese-ish work. I really don't know what I'm talking about, by the way.

User avatar
Csihar
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:52 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by Csihar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:30 am

Scarlet Fox wrote:Also, though it's hard for me to imagine these characters with either Japanese or English voices. It's hard to imagine them with Japanese voices because it's not a stereotypical Japanese work (because it's made by an international team), and English because it's a bit too Japanese-ish. And I generally hate watching English dubs so I never connect English voices with Japanese-ish work. I really don't know what I'm talking about, by the way.
Have you seen Beck? If you want to meet halfway, you could just imagine the KS girls speaking hilarious Engrish like they do in that. Although that wouldn't be much better than the April Fools voices... :P (I am in no way, shape, or form ripping on Beck btw)
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.


User avatar
EternalLurker
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Willfully lost
Contact:

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by EternalLurker » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:47 am

...Having people speak Engrish would be the equivalent of changing all the Ls in KS' text into Rs, among other things. The text is assumed to have been translated. Why would you not assume the same for the voices?

User avatar
Wrench Wench
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:22 am

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by Wrench Wench » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:18 pm

I imagine Shizune would sound like the English dub version of Revy from Black Lagoon.




Queue rimshot.

User avatar
Hiems
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by Hiems » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:37 pm

Csihar wrote:Well, besides the fact that Shizune would totally sound like Haruhi if she could talk, Aya Hirano was credited as the voice of a character in Bakemonogatari that never spoke.
Oh, her. I knew about Bakemonogatari, but I wouldn't think that would make anyone a weeaboo. I thought that was when people wore Naruto headbands everywhere and shouted "KAWAII DESU DESU NEEEEE".
EternalLurker wrote:Still, there are tons of great English voice actors. It's just that most of 'em do bigscreen movies and such, not cartoons.
Oh, that's a good point! Animated movies like Toy Story and such. I hadn't thought of that, ahah. :oops:
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Richiter Bromont
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:11 am

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by Richiter Bromont » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Obviously they'd all be voiced by Jackie Chan.

"I THINK YOU HAVE BIG PROBLEM IN PANTS"

User avatar
ContinualNaba
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:36 am
Location: Inside you.

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by ContinualNaba » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:44 pm

I DISAGREE.

Image

I imagine all the women, every single one of them, voiced by the only person whose acting power transcends personality, physicality and gender: Norio Wakamoto.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué

User avatar
Csihar
Posts: 587
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:52 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by Csihar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:14 pm

EternalLurker wrote:...Having people speak Engrish would be the equivalent of changing all the Ls in KS' text into Rs, among other things. The text is assumed to have been translated. Why would you not assume the same for the voices?
Rule of Funny?
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.


User avatar
Hiems
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by Hiems » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Ai do notto no watto yuu meen. Ai habu no aidee-a wurai yuu wuudo sei dissu tsu mi.

Engrish is fun.
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
DemonOfRandgris
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:51 pm
Location: Under Your Bed.
Contact:

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by DemonOfRandgris » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Csihar wrote: Well, besides the fact that Shizune would totally sound like Haruhi if she could talk, Aya Hirano was credited as the voice of a character in Bakemonogatari that never spoke.


I thought it was because Aya Hirano put out a statement saying she would stop work as a Seiyuu. D:
G3n0c1de wrote:Harvey Dent is not moe.

User avatar
Hiems
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Voices of the girls as you imagine them

Post by Hiems » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:45 pm

DemonOfRandgris wrote:I thought it was because Aya Hirano put out a statement saying she would stop work as a Seiyuu. D:
Oooooooh, she did? How unfortunate.
ImageImageImageImage

Post Reply